This is how you make a bezelless phone

This is how you make a bezelless phone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/paNoi16Ly2k?t=2m21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

okay, now to put in a bulky phone case to protect all that glass.

Why does everything have to be a screen now?

because android uses software keys now and it's dumb as shit to have unused bottom bezel space, perfect for capacitive buttons, AND software keys.
good thing iphone x fixed this problem for android.

Why does everything have to be fragile now? Imagine if Motorola pulled it off with their shatterproof screen, solid plastic construction and a carbon fibre or ballistics nylon back. That's the future i want.

Why not put nice speakers there instead?

why do people need fornt cameras?

>because android uses software keys
my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 says otherwise

you tell me but google's own approach is a parody on itself
imo phones should either look like this or have no bottom bezels at all, with software buttons

Retinal unlocking

These kind of designs are purely form over function. The Pixel 2 got it right. Maybe the bezels could still be reduced slightly but this is pretty much the perfect design for phones: Two front stereo speakers with minimal bezels. No notches.

>The iPhone X fixed this
>By copying the original Mi Mix
silly iToddlers, thinking your cult actually innovates

dat fking pimple tho.

could just lose the front camera, its mostly used to spy on your fap sessions anyway and profiling your eye movements for better ad placement.

Are you talking about this?

youtu.be/paNoi16Ly2k?t=2m21s

The note 8 feels nice in terms of bezel

isn't this the "distance yourself from anime" wikihow anine girl?

Everybody demands a front facing camera to take their selfies. A notch is unavoidable.

For selfies which always look pixelated and crappy

for once, they could just release 2 versions, one with and one without the fucking pimple ugly ass shit looking front camera.

real men dont need front facing cameras. for fucks sake they think we are all some anime fucking girls when they make those phones.

no

For fucks sake just give me a phone with no front camera, not everyone is a snapchat retard

Social reject detected, lose some weight if you're that ashamed of your looks

>Dropping a 4lb hammer on the phone is the same as a normal drop

Bezels are actually useful. iPhone 8 is the best phone

>notch at top right
DROPPED

Way better than previous mi mixes, but the asymmetry still triggers me a bit. VERY close to perfection, I admit that.

Yeah can't say I've ever dropped a sledgehammer on my phone m8. I had that exact phone and it's taken a massive beating on so many occasions that would have outright destroyed any lesser phone, it's quite incredible.

That said, i found something similar to what I've been waiting for, in the form of the Doogee S50. Decent design and specs and looks like it can take a hit.

Do you actually go around taking pictures of yourself? What a thot

why dont they put the camera in the frame in it's own little glass housing?

pls go, we're all anime Sup Forumsrills here

Then don't buy a smart phone.

My cellphone is both heavier and bigger than my Casio fx 570ES. It's pathetic.
Why did this trend even gain momentum?
What's next, tablets and phone will merge into the ultimate merdephone?

Nice subtle bait right there.

There's no camera notch.

almost no bezelless phone looks good in 2018
what are they doing wrong anons?

that's the mi mix 2
not the unreleased mi mix 2s, friendo

This

Fixed

Pretty much. I'm not a Snapchat retard, but camera on the phone is one of the most useful gadgets of the entire smartphone concept

And a battery to support the camera

too bad you can't have a removable battery these days and have to buy a new phone every 2 years when the capacity goes to shit, goyim

hmm, what's that? you would rather have a slightly bulkier phone and a battery that lasts you more than half a day? tough luck

what's the difference?

You can't see it? It looks disgusting now.

What is the front facing camera -USEFUL- for?
Only thing I can think of is video calls, but does anyone actually make those? I've never met a single person who does. All the use front cameras get is selfies.

taking good selfies so I can get laid is a decent enough reason for me to have a front camera
I've tried the rear camera for the purpose of non-mirrored selfies and it's not just the same

back in my day phones had buttons!!

I like how I look but I think there should be phones without front facing cameras, dumb normies and teenagers have ruined technology. The back camera is fine but the front is pure vanity and is useless.
>but muh video calls
Video calls are also useless, you don't need to see someone to talk to them, just call them like normal

Is this real?
Holy shit is fucking glorious

That's not what he meant, shitface.
I'll explain it to your dumb ass: Apple is so popular, everything they implement in their phones becomes standard; even if they were not the first to do it.

Happened with front facing cameras, reversible charging cables (Lightning and USB C in current year), fingerprint readers, dual cameras and in a not so distant future, wireless charging and all-screen phones.

>needing a front facing camera on a phone
>needing a camera on a phone
>needing all these shitty applications to be hardwired to gps and your internet interface
smartcucks are holding us back

>Software buttons
Dumbest shit ever. You basically have a software bezel some buttons are on it 90% of the time BUT without a fingerprint reader Soo you have to put it on the back. Software buttons are as good of an idea as the x notch.

What did bezels ever do to you? ;_;

>camera in the corner
They must have thought the same thing I did when they saw the essential phone lol

Apple had been developing the iPhone X since 2012 though.
The Mi Mix had only been in development for maybe 2 years.

>Apple had been developing the iPhone X since 2012
Elaborate on this

Technology resembling Face ID had been leaking from Apple's documents since around the time Android's Face Unlock feature was introduced in 2012. This heavily implies that Apple had been working on a "truly buttonless" iPhone since at least that time.
Also they kept bragging about the amount of time they spent working on it during the unveiling last year.

Fingerprint readers are going to go behind the displays of phones now

>literally the only person which don't care about selfies
>this notch with the camera

Fuck off special snowflake
I don't care about selfies either. This is the hell we have to live with

kek

>not using a real man's phone

>not using a real man's phone
>doesn't post a real man's phone
is this beight?

>what are screen finger print readers

Apple users use it a lot to FaceTime. Apparently the other video calling apps are shit? Don't think I believe it though, since that came from an Apple user too. Afaik, Skype is the only one thats bad.

Are you stupid? All phones are already edge to edge glass so the lack of bezels doesn't make it any more fragile except to absolutely catastrophic impacts that probably break everything else anyway.

agreed. stereo front facing speakers are so nice. I don't see why everyone is so autistic about bezels. sure nobody wants huge bezels but *some* bezel serves a purpose. not having any is annoying as you end up covering parts of the screen when holding the phone.

>Hey we effectively removed all the bezels!
>Except the bottom one. You know, the one that impacts your ability to reach things on the screen the most.
>We even moved the camera down there too
How does shit like this get approved?

Software buttons are great though because they fuck off when you don't need them. It's just taken too long for bezels that used to hold hardware buttons to die.

In real use on my mix 2 the bottom is the best place for the bezel.

When you use the full screen gestures without the navbar swiping up from the bottom of the screen acts as both your home button and recents menu. Because there is a bottom bezel swiping up from it will trigger the gesture 100% success rate without error. The moment I turned on those gestures the phone became very comfy.

For NSA spying.

>Xiaomi

I use the front-facing camera for videoconferencing.

>real men dont need front facing cameras.

What is a "real man?"

The nobezel meme is retarded desu

THE HUGEBEZEL MEME IS ALSO RETARDED

SONY DID BEZELS GOOD, ONCE

OG Pixel is the odd one out. Nexus 6, 6P, and Pixel 2 all have front facing stereo speakers.

Yeah, and i've been making electric cars in my garage that reach 200km/hr in 1 second, byt tesla stole my idea because it's their fault i didn't publish them first.

das a bezl mayne

>non-removable battery
>fucking lacking MicroSD slot

DROPPED. FUCK OFF, Chink Shill

>caring about either of those things anymore
come on, now.
I can understand wanting a headphone jack but removable batteries and microSD card slots are so outdated at this point that it's not even worth bitching about anymore

This guy gets it, I have a Huawei P9 and I always wonder why the fuck would they not put a capacitive buttons when there is a huge fucking place for it instead they fucked the screen with their stupid approach

Your face is outdated, bitch.

Useful for reach arounds