/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i5-8250U-GeForce-E5-576G-5762/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the best program for a full disk cloning?

I probably know the answer to this question but i'm going to ask anyway, are HP laptops still shit?

Yeah

Very. Mine has its neck broken and half the screen is rainbows.

I'm making a website with account creation, and I'm not new to programming but I am new to web development. Anyone got some good resources to help me learn? I need to learn about handling post data and all that shit.

That's what i thought. Trying to look for a new 17.3 laptop but its slim pickings. Majority is either HP or gaming laptop. Even slimmer for ones with a SSD.

What size SSD/HDD goes into laptops? Thinking of swapping the HDD with a SSD since it seems cheaper than buying one that comes with a SSD.

my pc used to have 1 2gb ram stick, i put a 1x4gb of ram stick in the other slot to give it a total of 6 gb of ram with both sticks, but windows says 3 gb is hardware reserved, is this normal behaviour because they're different sizes?
any way to get windows to use all 6 gb of ram?

Anyone have appchan X just break? auto-updater stopped working and index won't populate threads

what cheap wireless mouse should I buy?

How do I set a default style in 4chanX?

How do I set up a webserver to be really secure from the visitors?
Spoonfeed me please, where should I start and what are the most important steps?

someone tripped over monitor power cable
these dots appear in the middle of screen
how fucked is this monitor
is there any hope for it

Why the fuck is Bulk Image Downloader freezing and not fucking working? I've tried 6 different versions and they all freeze upon entering a URL. I can't find shit about it online, and tried running in compatibility mode and all this other shit, and nothing is working.

2.5"

dd or clonezilla

Did I get blacklisted or something? Why is my download speed so shit when using youtubedl?

So, I bought a dvi-hdmi cable. However, this is DVI-I, and my monitor uses DVI-D. Would breaking the four extra pins and just connecting it work?

which was the free windows 10? the one that doesn't have telemetry or was for kids or something like that
I have an .edu mail is that helps.
I am not too clever and I can't find it google, thank you.

Sounds like you're talking about education edition. You get it from participating universities.

I'm not 100% certain, but iirc if you have two different sizes of ram then the smaller takes priority. So the 4gb stick is being treat like a 2gb or something along those lines.

I thought that it was that, but there is another, without telemetry that Sup Forums like. Now that I remember, it was for enterprises or some shit like that (and maybe not too stable)

Your other options are enterprise and LTSB.
I would go with education.

Why is my onedrive app so big? Would clearing the data mess it up?

using osx sierra I want to apply my Finder settings to all instances of where Finder is used.

For example, I set Finder to not list "Recents" in favorites, and to use the current directory and subdirectories for searching instead of the entire hard drive by default. However, when I save or open files in chrome these settings are not applied for the finder window that appears. I can't find anything about this on google, how fix?

>inb4 >mac

>LTSB
it was that! Thank you!
But I will check education if you say that it can be better option

bit of a long shot asking it on here but
i just got my old apple ii out and i want to look at my programs again, i remember just about everything about how to use and program on it except for how to list my programs
how do i list what programs i have?
it's not "list" or "programs"
i can't find it on google either

LTSB lacks everything except the core components. Unless you REALLY hate updates I would go with another version of windows and just disable what you don't want. Education is basically the same as enterprise, but it's actually possible for non-businesses to posses without pirating.

Does the "integrated graphic" part of an intel CPU remain idle when using a GPU? Would eliminating the whole "integrated graphics" shit result in faster CPUs?

Yes. Not really. You're basically talking about the Xeons. Can have an impact on price.

found it, it's "catalog"
not that anyone on here even knows what i'm talking about

so I've been saving to get a decent gaming rig but gpu and ram prices are fucked right now, and I've always liked laptops. however the 8th gen h series laptops are taking a while to come out and ive been told its gonna run even hotter than the 7700hq with the extra cores and no 10nm process yet. so should i save up for
>a prebuilt
>a custom pc
>a h series laptop
or this relatively cheap acer aspire and use it while saving up for one of the prior mentioned things

here is link related amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i5-8250U-GeForce-E5-576G-5762/

Sometimes my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, running custom Lineage 7.x, loses the ability to connect through MiXplorer to my Win10 Samba share.

My phone is connected in the same manner and hasn't had that issue, so I increased the number of allowed sessions from 2 to 4 for that share and it seemed to fix it.

Where do I go in Windows 10 to find out if the tablet isn't letting go of a share and I'm hitting that simultaneous user limit?

Router runs Gargoyle so it's not one of those "losing wifi" scenarios because I already fixed that DNS problem (wndr3700 v2)

I'm new here, I run windows 10 and it sucks. How do I make my comptuer prettier and more aesthetically pleasing? I'd like to go back to windows 98 or somethign if I could.

boys

nice meme, heres your (you)

its a real question c :

I know there are programs like gummi for live updating latex but I don't like having to edit using gummi's text editor. Are there any programs that autorefresh the pdf but let you edit the tex file in a separate text editor?

So in the last few days I've noticed that when I open/close tabs in Chrome, I can hear at least one of my HDDs being used and it hangs on the closing of said tabs. Why is this happening? My theory is that the computer is for some reason using the System Reserved section of Disk 2 as a cache or something? And on that note, can I safely delete that System Reserved volume of Disk 2 without losing the data that is on the other partition?

Vaguely related, what's the best LaTeX text editor?

How botnetty is developing on VisualStudio while connected to the internet?

what are your stats and ratio? I only have 12gb available for downloading and seeding, what do you do when you have large torrents, almost saturated drive but no peers downloading? my torrents automatically stop seeding at ratio=1.0, is this enough?

When using the long therm support channel for Windows Server 2016: do I have to buy a new license when a new build is released or when the support runs out?

why is it so? red pill me

What is the tool called that Sup Forums uses to check on HDD lifespan? That one riced with anime themes?

Please for the love of fuck someone tell me how to make JPEGview open on top of all other windows opened. It's literally the only program I have installed that opens below everything else- in fact, it doesn't even show up on the taskbar unless I minimize everything and look at the bare naked desktop. What the fuck. This is the singular thing preventing me from using this as my main image viewer, and it's the worst and seemingly no one has ever complained about it but me.

First time building a PC, I have windows installed on a 250 gb ssd and my new hdd came in the mail yesterday. It should be connected properly - i see it on the motherboard setup, I see it in my list of devices - but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually initialize the drive because it's not showing up in diskpart/disk management. Pic related.

I have a Windows laptop and a Windows tablet (Samsung Galaxybook). Is there anyway to use the tablet as a graphics tablet input for the laptop?

I know I can do it with an android tablet. But I'm not sure if it's possible to hook up a Windows tablet to a Windows laptop

What's the most important thing I need to know about Linux? I'm starting to use Linux a lot more than Windows for programming even though I don't know many terminal commands or how anything really works.

Just get to know bash and how to edit config files properly.

It's crystaldiskinfo

What you have to realize about Linux is that it's a bunch of shit cobbled together by volunteers. Other OSes are the exact same, but by professionals. Opinions differ on whether or not this is a difference in Linux' favor.

Is there a way to mirror/push notification from android phone to GNU/linux desktop?

nothing really
just use it, you'll figure things out as and when you need them

I have an old (2012) hard drive kicking around, what would be useful for?

how to decode MD5 with salt and i have the salt ?

see Hashcat or John the Ripper

let's say a website has a timed test feature. when you click start, it initiates a countdown in which you are allowed to answer the question, and once it's over you are not allowed to go again. would there be any way around this through pausing or resetting?

clear the cookies, history & cache then reload the page?
or do i have the wrong idea

forgot to add - and the client IP too, if needs be

i'm not sure if that would work since it's an online portal you need to log into - perhaps it is 'server sided'?

not much you can do then if it's tied to accounts.

What is the best vpn?

i assume it doesn't count duplicates or redundant filters

what's this?

looks like ublock origin

How to make it smaller?

What's the best calculator that i can program functions into for under $50.

Try resizing it

Is your Windows 64bit?

spoonfeed a brainlet, what are the absolute best madVR settings to max out a GTX970 without killing my fps?

did you try using a different cable?

Use the most popular framework in whatever language you prefer.

Express for nodejs
Either Laravel or Symfony for PHP

can you call a botnet with open-source everything a botnet?

Read DigitalOcean guides and google it.

try connecting it to another SATA port, if possible try connecting it on another motherboard. if it still doesn't work you probably got a faulty unit.

open source doesn't mean it isnt a botnet
take the ubuntu unity spyware scandal for example

backend isn't open..

Use a rainbow table.

what part of unity isn't open?

Is there and easy way to read each line of a file and add a new line after every character if it has more than two characters?

From this:

To this:

For example. Thanks.

Hello,

I'd like to get a tablet that I would use specifically for learning. I find that when I'm on my laptop, it's too easy to goof off. Since a tablet is harder to browse in for me and has no keyboard, I'm less likely to get distracted.

I would like to use Opera to access Khan Academy, edX.org and Rosetta stone. I can use the apps, but I don't like apps. (I have a paranoia that Google collects all the information.) I was looking at a Fire, but now I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

just write a simple python script, I can do it for you if you don't know how to.

Modern popcorntime alternative?

fold -w2

I'd really appreciate that, I'm not really into anything but bash and I can't come up with anything.

That would leave the 34 as a single line.

infile = open('/home/faggot/input.txt', 'r')
outfile = open('/home/faggot/output.txt', 'w')

for line in infile.readlines():
if len(line)

python2, forgot to mention.

Thanks, works perfect.

Seems to work with 3 as well.

Audacious suddenly stopped working properly with m4a and wav (wrong bit rate and length, seeking doesn't work).
Googling gave me nothing, doesn't seem like anyone had this problem before. Did I mess something up?
I already tried re-compiling it, didn't work.

>if it has more than two characters
>more than two

I want to install Ubuntu on my PC. I currently have only one HDD on my PC partitioned in two. If I were to migrate from W7 to Ubuntu, how do I save the files that were on those two partitions?

Whenever I launch the AVD on android studio my headphones start producing static. Couldn't find anything on the internet, anyone got an idea?

How come this site is named Sup Forums? Wouldn't the 4 at the beginning make it difficult to program since you can't define variables with a number at the beginning?

Which phone?

Moto G5s plus or Moto X4?

Why would you name a variable "Sup Forums" anyway?

Where?

it's not, i'll upgrade it to 64 bit later today
problem now is the damn thing won't even boot to any os or even the bios
the fans spin up, sometimes for a split second then shuts down or sometimes it stays on but either way nothing goes onto the screen, and the screen/cables are fine

How do i begin researching what router i want?
It's just for my apartment. Two always on wired devices, laptop and desktop on wifi.

someone pls