What does Sup Forums think of U2?

What does Sup Forums think of U2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHa1ThS9avA
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They stopped being good when Bono started wearing the shades

whether you like it or not they are one of the most influential and important rock bands to exist

Visceral reaction to his smug little face. I can't help it. Liked them quite a lot up to The Joshua Tree tho.

hello hello

yeahx40

>were

ftfy

They're shit

(wait for all the U2 defeners to start rushing in and attack me, it's the best part)

You do realise that Radiohead wouldn't exist without U2?

they are bad now, but have released some real pop gems yeah

>influential
not worth much without also being original.
>important
how?

Uno
Dos
Tres
Catorce

Here goes the U2 made OKC before OKC meme

i'm getting fucking sick of seeing that word every day of my life

Yeah no.

I've read this exact comment before, likely made by the exact same person

awful

They made Kid A before Kid A too. Twice.

Then stop posting memes faggot

Yeah

I'm sure they did user

There's delusional, and then there's this guy

>45 minutes later
>450 replies and 62 images

When somebody thinks that the height of music is opera prog and u2 inspired pop rock there is time to start worrying

stop with this retardation

this

no

Wew it's this poster again

>what is original soundtracks 1
>what is zooropa

Jesus fuck are U2 fans retarded enough to actually follow Christgau?

>Ratle and Hum tied for highest scoring studio album
da fuq christgau

Zooropa is more Station to Station than Kid A tho

achtung is easily their best

I don't give a fuck for U2 but why do you do this every thread?

Every thread?

>I'll take his militant if pacificist Christianity over most of the secular humanism and Jah love rockers are going in for these days

I guess what he meant was that U2 were a bit of a refreshing break from the usual "I wanna stick my dick in hookers/I don't wanna go to church with you, Mom/Screw you." malarkey in 80s rawk (what is every Motorhead song ever).

What's your favorite U2 song? youtube.com/watch?v=NHa1ThS9avA

Were phenomenal from their Siouxsie & the Banshee ripoff days til Zooropa. The rest is history. A damn shame.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

lyl that's funny considering how Dave Mustaine became an extreme Christfag who believes in /x/ shit.

They were still pretty good up until around 2001 or so. Everything after that is painfully hit or miss.

>forcing themselves onto your iTunes

Absolute garbage. Their music and image should be wiped from the face of the earth and Bono's eventual death should become a public holiday

That's pretty edgy

are you 14 years old

>that time a few years ago when Henry Rollins was doing a gig in Dublin
>calls Bono a faggot and a charlatan
>the crowd all cheers him

Right in your own backyard no less.

u2 might just be the worst band of all time

The thing is, bands like Motorhead and Motley Crue never claimed to be about anything more than drugs, sex, and rock-and-roll. They didn't have this messiah complex about them.

yes it is

Or contrasting the 80s to the hippie-dippie spiritualism of the 60s.

I'm sure that Oasis are worse.

I prefer not to.

How weren't U2 original? What records sound like Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree?

OFFICIAL U2 ALBUM RANKINGS

>GOAT tier
Unforgettable Fire

>'Albums that most bands could only dream of making' tier
Achtung Baby
Joshua Tree

>Great tier
War
Pop
Zooropa
First half of ATYCLB
How to Dismantle

>Decent tier
Songs of Innocence
Original Soundtracks 1
No Line

>Shite tier
Rattle and Hum
Second half of ATYCLB

>Haven't listened tier
Boy
October

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0

Snuggles.

The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are great, fuck you

I prefer Miley Cyrus

I've never heard of them

Here's a graph for you.

early u2 is actually good, now bono is an old ass more well known for being a famous leftist ass

Do you think there will be threads like this about Radiohead in 10 years time?

>he hasn't listened to their post punk albums

Great post punk.

but they peaked in 1991 in both ways, zoo TV was the biggest tour in the world at the time and Acthung is arguably their best

No matter how much you hate bono or what the band has become would you agree the world would be a worse place without Unforgettable Fire, Josh Tree and Achtung ?

I don't even like U2 that much but I checked Wikipedia to make a proper assessment of their work.

Turns out that their 2009–2011 U2 360 tour was the highest-grossing tour of all time (more than $700 million). So commercially, that was probably their peak, although Zoo TV comes pretty close commercially.

As for the music, personally for me it looks like this: Unforgettable Fire > Joshua Tree > Achtung Baby > everything else after it.

It's very likely, it's a matter of time until they make a much more accesible record as they get older and all the neo-millenials will only remember (and despise) them for it, completely disregarding the rest of their output.

It's not like they really need it. Radiohead still have lots of commercial moment and critical credibility, it's not like they're in a desperate need for money. They should have sold out years ago if they truly wanted it.

It's hard to say now, but I think as the time passes people will start looking more skeptically at Radiohead. Time will tell.

i font care about u2 that much but this move was disgusting, you couldn't even delete it ffs

You couldn't? I thought you could.

I actually liked this move. Record sales are at all time low and basically serve as commercials/previews for tours. Also, it was the first time in history anyone did something like this.

They we're one of the greatest, quite irrelevant nowadays though, but that doens't make them any smaller.

They gave up after Pop. They didn't have time to finish the album, the sales lagged a bit and they realized they wanted fame more than anything else.