youtube.com/watch?v=3yIGeEq12nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU
youtube.com/watch?v=zlkMScHBarc
beta.theodysseyonline.com/female-over-feminists
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anti-patriarchy

female harmony indie pop

>all those comments excusing their shit music because they're women
I guess thats what I'd expect from people who get their music from fucking NPR.

nu-wave tumblr folk pop revival

is just indie-pop with a 'edgy vocals' lol. i think the melodies are pretty good and like them overall.

>nu-wave

Twee pop maybe?

"For what it is that could have been worse"-core

I liked it too. They're doing more than any of the nu-males on this board ;)

cringe

I actually liked it

really bad twee pop

actually sort of interesting indie pop. reminds me of BFF

youtube.com/watch?v=3yIGeEq12nQ

cringecore

women are really cringeworthy 2bh
the pretty ones especially have absolutely no self awareness

>TFW the patriarchy makes better music than you

Gurl music for thr gender with cooties

does the one on the left have no eyes?

This is cool actually.

people like it because its authentic

and by people i mean tumblerinas

HOW THE FUCK THESE UNTALENTED HACKS HAVE 100K VIEWS
BUT JAMES FERRARO OR DEAN BLUNT,BARELY BREAK 10K

WHY ARE AMERICANS SO FUCKING DUMB

white people are memes

i DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS WHITE MALE MEME
WHEN THESE ARE TWO WHITE FEMALES WHO ARE BASICALLY DOING THE SAME
ARE PEOPLE THAT BLIND?
I GURANTEE IF YOU TWO BLACK GIRLS DID THIS PPL WOULDN'T EVEN WATCH IT

Squinty-eyed Bitchpop

"stringy-strangy suck my wangy"

I really enjoyed that

there's a constant expression of pain on their faces while they play this bullshit, who would've thought that all this music stuff is so hard?

wow american white women really have no soul or brain

sounds like they're having guitar lessons for a month now

NPR's music taste really isn't that far from Sup Forums's

>that guitar "solo" out of fucking nowhere at 5:00

i like the opening track tb.h

Cherry Picking is their only good song

guys how do musicians get famous i'm very confused

like i think these girls are okay and i like the songs they played but there are lots of smaller bands that i think are way better and more deserving of being on npr and getting a ton of free views etc

>if Led Zepplin was all girls

Musically it isn't terrible but I don't get why they feel the need to have such edgy lyrics and tone in their vocals.

It sounds like they could actually sing but they deliberately make their voice sound annoying for the sake of being "punk" or whatever they're going for.

Also, their poetry doesn't make for good lyrics.

the end of western culture as a result of empowering women - core.

it's completely random

odds are someone at npr likes them
it's about associaton
if someone big happend to stumble across a bandcamp for soem obscure shit, and, unlike most people, instead of stealing thir sound, decided to promote them, it doens't matter how good or bad this music is, they'd get big. Names and association make a large chunk of it

>Musically it isn't terrible
'no'

Listen you underage faggot. Success in any field in the world doesnt come down to how good you are. That's just part of it. It comes down to who you know, who you meet, whose ass you kiss, and - and a lot of people don't want to admit this - how lucky you get. Thats how the world works my friend. Skill is only a small part of success.

>Musically it isn't terrible

I have some bad news for you user

they just sound like rivers cuomo imo lol

youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU

call me stupid, you're probably right statistically, but i still believe in success through work, doesn't matter which field, and that's how i'm conducting my life. Fuck everything else.

It could be a hell of a lot worse and you know it.

Though I would never listen to something like this.

it's as good as any indie folk rock band

Being good at what you do is obviously important and useful but the social side of things is just as important when it comes to getting a job or a promotion. Unfortunately this is just the way it works. Trust me my dude I wish it wasn't, I'm a social autist, I'm on Sup Forums too. But it is how it is. The sooner you realize it the easier your life will be.

no not at all it has to do with complex systems that are very hard to determine precise algorythms but its not at allrandom

Actually, I guarantee you if two black girls did it, it would be the front page of NPR for a week

Because Bob Boilen is a huge, literally fedora wearing cuck. He's a fucking horrible musician and a shitty writer. He pushes liberal politics through NPR music. He also doesn't even listen to most of the bands - he hears what they're about and then hands it off to some SJW intern.

No this is fucking horrible. Single note guitar and basslines. It's just being minimal and edgy to be minimal and edgy. I'm so sick of it.

He's right

>Single note guitar and basslines.
Did you listen past the first 30 seconds?

i do trust you but i neglect these other rules in order to feel good about my life.
Also beeing here is not beeing the equivalent of a social autist. I enjoy browsing Sup Forums because I actually discovered a lot of new shit I enjoy here.

Yep. It's really fucking bad.

>playing bass with a pick
>basically only playing eighths on roots
>playing made up guitar chords because ur stronk independednt wymyn

female modest mouse ripoff

>playing bass with a pick
Not a valid complaint. Plenty of well respected bassists use picks because it gives a certain tone.

>basically only playing eighths on roots
She wasn't doing that even on the first song they played.

>playing made up guitar chords because ur stronk independednt wymyn
God forbid they try to do something different.

I think you're just predisposed to hate it because of NPR.

I don't know, why don't you tell us, Sup Forums?

I really like it to be honest. Kind remind me of the Shaggs

It gives a shitty tone and utterly limits how the instrument can be played. Practically all bassists that use a pick only play quarters and eighths on root notes.

She was doing it the entire time she wasn't playing some #quirky lick

Yes, god forbid it. It's fucking stupid. They clearly either haven't listened to enough music to know that it sounds amateurish or they only listen to amateurish music.

And yeah, NPR puts out some of the shittiest music around. They purposefully try to push liberal politics through what they promote.

>daily threads about how womeme are meme 'musicians'
>someone posts bad womeme music
>Sup Forums flips out with hurr durr 'how is this possible?'

never change mu

NPR is a fucking joke these days. Every time I listen to them half the stories are about gender equality and how terrible women have it.

>Practically all bassists that use a pick only play quarters and eighths on root notes.
That's such a poor generalization. It makes me think that you haven't listened to enough music to know what you're talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=zlkMScHBarc

The fact that you keep complaining about "quirky" and "strong womyn" really makes me think this isn't about the music.

>I think you're just predisposed to hate it because of NPR.
Nah, that's not the reason he's predisposed to hate it.

You know it's okay if you don't like it bro. You don't need to try so hard to justify it.

I clearly do when shit like this is what's popular. They can somehow play music like 13 year olds and make a living while people with actual talents starve.

wow hahahahahahahaha your example of good bass playing with a pick is a shit punk act from the 80s where he just strums fucking power chords hahahahahaha

And yeah you're right, partly - it's about this very fucking obvious liberal bias being pushed through literally every part of the media. I just want to try and find good new music without it being related to the wage gap or black lives matter or period blood.

Right and Bjork, Grimes etc is consider good music?

>your example of good bass playing with a pick is a shit punk act from the 80s where he just strums fucking power chords hahahahahaha

Did you catch all of the slapping and popping in the first track? Mike Watt is renowned for bringing funk style bass to punk (maybe he ripped it off of the Pop Group), and he used a pick often.

Please leave the gender and race out of our discussion on musical merit. Not that this is a particularly great band, but you seem unable to field legitimate criticisms to back up your hatred.

More like

>angry virgins constantly spam bait threads about how inferior women are
>find music that validates their preexisting bias
>300 post threads of angry virgins talking about how terrible women are

I like how this user's idea of women in music is "bjork, grimes, etc" You're just as bad as the jazz meme "miles davis, Coltrane, the list goes on..." but not one will call you out on it because le sexism is cool.

as far as i know most of their lyrics reference childhood and how simple life was 'before the world was big'. never heard them say or sing something feminist or sjw.

not him
but I have a gf and I just love coming on Sup Forums to shit about women

eyyyy

this thread literally contains the most passionate discussion that will happen on Sup Forums all day and the source of most of it isn't even the music.

> to shit about women

what did he mean by this?

congrats on being a mysoginist

I'm not misogynist my gf and I agree certain things women just aren't good at
and music is one of those things besides singing better than men
she's anti-feminist also

flid

post free-bleed

He literally played one riff and played it four times. It's beyond basic.

> leave the gender and race out of our discussion on musical merit

No, you fucking tumblrite. It has everything to do with why they are shitty.

>unable to field legitimate criticisms

They are very clearly bad musicians. I don't know what else to say, man. Their lyrics are fucking dumb and they're lazy instrumentalists.

>they only believe it if they sing about it

LE EMPOWERING MEME

congrats on you and your girlfriend being mysoginists

lol I can't believe how far people will take this shit. You simply can't fathom that other women would think feminism is totally fucked up and that we can all just chill and be happy.

>He literally played one riff and played it four times
It's a 40 second song.

>It has everything to do with why they are shitty.
I just wanted you to admit it.

It has less to do not being feminist and more to do with being "anti-feminist" (which to me seems like a nicer way of saying you're an MRA) and saying things like "women just aren't good at
and music" (guessing you mean any music here). This is pretty ignorant, not because "womyn are strong and powerful fuck you!!!" but because you likely have zero clue about any female musicians outside of top 40 pop and popular western rock music. Not that you'd search any of this out, it'll go against your preexisting bias. I'm sure you're "chill" and "happy," but that doesn't mean you're not a sexist and believe it or not, having a girlfriend doesn't mean you can't be sexist (or that she can't be either). It's a shitty cop out, sort of like people who say "hey, I have black friends. I'm not racist... now let me tell you why niggers are inferior to white people"

>no respect for mike watt
>everyone who disagrees with me is tumblr
>bigoted nerd rager

lets not meet senpai

So, you thought a 40 second song would be a great example of playing bass with a pick. Got it.

And why? So you could add me to your Excel spreadsheet of internet bigots you've run into? They aren't shitty musicians because they're girls; they are GIRLS that are SHITTY MUSICIANS. There's an entire societal movement that has inspired a generation of lazy, entitled cunts to attempt to redefine what "good" art is and this shit is the direct result of it. Decades after people figured out how to play something other than 3 chord, single-string slackjaw pop bullshit, it's being brought back into the public eye as an empowering way for women to express themselves. It's fucking nonsense.

>"anti-feminist" (which to me seems like a nicer way of saying you're an MRA)

hahahaha right, thinking feminism is a scourge makes you a fringe movement bigot. Got it. Plenty of women are fine artists, musicians included. But this bullshit that NPR pushes is not good art.

no it's just my gf and I are both upper middle class where we live
her dad owns a construction company and my dad owns a gas station
feminist and equal pay doesn't affect us so we don't see the point of associating or supporting them.
Both are self aware acts like the ones in pic related are only getting praise not based on their talents but because the current agenda of promoting women and poc for anything

we hate weak people regardless. everybody has benefited from the patriarchy stop acting like it's a bad thing

I clicked the link expecting to hate this based on all the posts, but I actually didn't hate it at all.

Minimalist tumblr girl twee done pretty ok

The lyrics are a little thin, sounds like they're just reading from their middle school diaries, but it suits the vocal styling and the primitive guitar work. As somebody who writes and performs music, I wish I had the balls to be as pared down as these two. It takes courage to face the onslaught of neckbeards just waiting for you to screw up. I don't think I'll be listening to these two again, but I mildly enjoyed it.

I didn't realize the length of a song is how we judged the bassline.

>There's an entire societal movement that has inspired a generation of lazy, entitled cunts to attempt to redefine what "good" art is
That happened about 50 years ago and has nothing to do with gender.

>Decades after people figured out how to play something other than 3 chord, single-string slackjaw pop bullshit
Are you suggesting people could only play 3 chord, dingle-string slackjaw pop bullshit several decades ago? Is this how you see the history of music?

>And why? So you could add me to your Excel spreadsheet of internet bigots you've run into
I just wanted to make perfectly clear that this is not about the music.

> happened about 50 years ago and has nothing to do with gender.

You're ignoring what we're talking about, conveniently.

>Are you suggesting...

No. I'm suggesting that popular music 50 years ago was essentially what these girls are playing, and we progressed from that. Now, these fucking lazy girls get a pass because of modern feminism. If you disagree that that's why they have a leg up, you're being ignorant.

>this is not about the music.

Stop ignoring me saying THE MUSIC IS ALSO SHITTY. That is the foundation of this. Their music is shitty and otherwise wouldn't get any attention, but women get a leg up right now because they're apparently the children of the universe.

>hahaha right, thinking feminism is a scourge makes you a fringe movement bigot
Yes.

I can see someone not agreeing with feminism, or rejecting it, but if you seriously think it's a "scourge" then yes, you are a fringe movement bigot, or at least share way too much in common with said movements.

>everybody has benefited from the patriarchy stop acting like it's a bad thing
well, nice of you to admit it exists, but everyone benefits from it? what? do you know what that word even means.

>If you disagree that that's why they have a leg up, you're being ignorant.
Uhhh, no, because you're making a pretty extraordinary claim with zero evidence.

yup

i fucking hate liberals and I used to listen to NPR a lot like 10 years ago, it was always a bit left leaning but was still rational

its become liberal propaganda station

audible dogshit, unlistenable

>Stop ignoring me saying THE MUSIC IS ALSO SHITTY.
Well, when we tried talking about the music you kept lodging complaints about things that weren't even happening in the music, e.g. the bassist only plays eighth notes on the root note, and then moving the goalposts to something about their gender when it was pointed out you were wrong.

>Their music is shitty and otherwise wouldn't get any attention, but women get a leg up right now because they're apparently the children of the universe.
Men get famous for making shitty music, much worse than this. There are a lot of all male groups that make music very much in the same vein as this group, and many of them are well known. This discussion doesn't work because you're not backing things you say up and are just relying on some far-fetched idea that feminism is causing all of these problems in music.

>Patriarchy is a social system in which males hold primary power
I know exactly what it means and I repeat we wouldn't be here without it
every advancement in society has benefited from the patriarchy

Anyway I don't have time explaining myself to some poor person looking for a hand out because their parents didn't bless them with a good life
blame your parents not me.

>yes

lol back to tumblr with you then

>everyone benefits from it? what?

lol like you don't know what roads and bridges and skyscrapers and cars and websites and farming are LOL

And you're living in a fairytale.

Claim: Their music is shitty and would otherwise go unnoticed but it's the 21st century and they're women

Evidence: This thread. The fact that a publication like NPR Music promotes them.

I'm not going to go through and give you the times where everything happens. If you think they're talented musicians, you're probably a shitty musician.

Men getting famous for also being shitty is the product of the music industry. Women writing their diary entries into bedroom twee get famous because white knights like Bob Boilen get their rocks of by #empowering wymyn. I literally cannot even begin to compile a list of all these shitty wymyn groups since they exploded about a year ago. Frankie Cosmos. Waxahatchee. Haim. It's all fucking shitty rock that would normally get laughed at but since it has women in it, it's solid industry gold.

>every advancement in society has benefited from the patriarchy
Yes, every advancement in a patriarchal society came from said society. What a brilliant observation.

>Anyway I don't have time explaining myself to some poor person looking for a hand out because their parents didn't bless them with a good life blame your parents not me
So, you don't want to have to explain your retarded positions because apparently I'm poor and wasn't "blessed" with a good life. Alrighty then.

By the way, don't you mean "father" and not "parents?" You gotta keep this shit consistent man.

beta.theodysseyonline.com/female-over-feminists

my gf just told me to let you read this Article!
Enjoy

It's cringy to watch but I really like this opening song.
>closed eyes
>nodding heads