Why don't i cringe while listening to Tool? i know i should be

why don't i cringe while listening to Tool? i know i should be

because you're stronger and more understanding than memeing fuck niggas, and because tool did nothing wrong

>being this insecure about music

this

Because Sup Forums overloaded your senses with cringe. You're molded by it. It can't harm you anymore user.

Theyre not cringeworthy, just underwhelming imo

why do people take tool so seriously

>i've been conditioned to think i would react to a certain thing some way
>wow that didnt happen

Cringe at their fan base, not at the music.

Because you're a faggot who only want to memeing

Lateralus is an amazing album followed by Undertow and then Ænima. Sup Forums is full of 12 year olds that like the memegrips and bullshit music that sounds like ass. Tool is good and during their era they were one of the best bands in the genre.

I know their fanbase puts /x/ to shame, but I haven't heard anything wrong about their music.
Lateralus is a great album.

>Sup Forums is full of 12 year olds that like the memegrips and bullshit music that sounds like ass. Tool is good and during their era they were one of the best bands in the genre.

Cringe

ITT: the same 10 tool fags circle jerk each other while no one else cares because tool is fucking terrible. Retards.

how is tool bad?

ITT: Tools

lol

The way you worded your post sounds like you get bullied by Tool fans.

because tool is actually a great band

AEnima is their best album, fight me. I love the more grimy, alternative sound over the really crisp production on albums like Laterals and 10,000 Days.

Except existing

Aenima is really good

It's like they said "let's use 70s prog rock methods to create the same atmosphere as Nine Inch Nails, but stay just as boring as the RHCP"

Sup my memeing fucknigger

They probably had mainly goth fans from that album and were annoyed by it

You just know now, them peaces fat. Happens to the worst of you only.

Not to mention that they already disliked some of their fans at that point.

zozzle

In theory, Tool is just the kind of band that I should love, heavy, proggy, spacy, loopy, hypnotic......In reality, they just bore me. I want to love The Tool, but ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

You must've been... sooo hiiigh

>wew such a soft drone rockfest weoowoeo

because when they came out early 90's there was nothing like them, they had a mystique, and very different and powerful music and so developed a huge fanbase.

then they later came out with a mathrock album and got more fans.

then on the internet everything became a meme.

People who use the cringe this way should be fucking banned. Fucking Sup Forumstards.

Don't buy into the meme, Tool are a good band.

>implying that's a bad thing

The only song I liked on 10,00 days was The Pot and Lost Keys. Are any of their other albums good?

I think all of their albums are good, but Aenima and Lateralus are their best.

Love tool and death grips. They scratch the same itch.. Maynard is a legend. After BP, Ride has also achieved legend status.

What maynard said about tool fans is true. They are some of the weirdest annoying people on this planet. I would be a dick too if teens swarmed me and didnt fully understand the music.

10,000 Days is actually a pretty darn good album, with Lateralus following from a distance. Granted, it took a shitton of psychedelics for me to even consider listening to them again, but their music's not nearly as bad as the shit-tinted glasses I use to view my teenage years would suggest.

Everything pre-Lateralus is absolutely ass, though, and even Lateralus wildly inconsistent.

>even Lateralus wildly inconsistent
Except Lateralus is clearly their best

Aenima > Lateralus > Salival > Undertow > Opiate > 10,000 Days

I think 10,000 days is one of Tool's weakest albums

Lateralus > Aenima = 10,000 Days > Undertow > Opiate

more like

aenima > lat > undertow > 10k > salival > opiate.

I might agree depending on the day but Opiate is bretty cool.

It's really weird, actually - I would've agreed with you in a heartbeat as a kid, but nowadays I only enjoy the one album I once couldn't stand.

Tastes change, I guess.

ELDER GOD TIER
Pushit (salival)
Aenima
Prison Sex
The Grudge
Sober
Parabola

GOD TIER
Eulogy
Third Eye
Vicarious
The Patient
Lateralus
46&2

GREAT TIER
The Pot
Sweat
Cold & Ugly
Bottom
H
Schism

SHIT TIER
Jambi

This is how I would rate the albums too.
Sup Forums's hate for Tool baffled me for the longest time, until I realised that P4K gave Lateralus a 1.9 so my guess is nobody who shits on them hasn't even given them a chance but instead jump the p4k bandwagon.

I understand the critisism of the fanbase, and I agree that's it's one of the shittiest there is. That however shouldn't at any point affect your judgement of the band and their music.

>god tier
>no stinkfist

I'd add Rosetta Stoned to either god tier or elder god tier, it's one of their most well constructed songs in every way possible. Other than that it's a good list

If you hate on Tool, literally kys