The current state of Sup Forums

It seems Hiroyuki fucked up the site a bit more over the night. As of right now I'm seeing:
>4chanX catalog and JSON index are broken
>you need to allow cookies from 4cdn.org and disable user agent spoofing for Cloudflare to not accuse you of being a robot and block you from loading images/CSS
>it seems that you need JS enabled on 4cdn.org to pass the "browser integrity check" to make sure you're not a bot, so various terminal browsers or other browsers that don't support JS (xlinks, w3m, Dillo, the Sup Forums browser that will never happen, etc.) will no longer be usable if you want to view images (other than the image for the noscript captcha)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/weR90
github.com/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if it means less shitposting bots then I'm ok with it :)

I can't use the pc site at all right now. It's completely broken. Even if I disable umatrix etc completely, enable normal js/referer permissions...
Still blocks all js and img files with 503. Copy pasting url works but inline images and script links all broken. Don't even know how any other desktop user is using site right now???

Even with fresh everything shit breaks for me. What worked for me was changing my IP, so now I need to share net from my phone to browse the site.

Do you have any other cookie controls (such as Self Destructing Cookies) that might be messing it up?

I tried enabling all that shit and I still get a 503 error.

Ok, I fixed it. First I disabled umatrix and 4chanx and refreshed. Then I renabled 4chanx and refreshed. Then I renabled umatrix and refreshed. It broke. I enabled cookies for 4cdn.org and that made it work again.

not having any of those issues on my machine lol

Nice try, bot. You aren't fooling us.

Seems to be caused by the Sup Forums-x auto updater. I just reset my IP when it happens.

It's cloudflare fucking you up if you spoof stuff, block cookies/JS.
They were probably getting hammered cause of the school shooting and what happened on Sup Forums yesterday.

What happened?

Some white nationalist leader posted on Sup Forums saying that the spic goblino shooter had gone to their meetups and training sessions.

Come on Sup Forums tell me how to use 4chanX again

>American white nationalists aren't even white

They accept pretty much everyone who looks as white as a capuccino, that's how desperate they are.

Just happened to me a second time. Have to get a new IP so I can browse. Anyone figured out specifically what is causing it? Referrers/blocking scripts/cookies?

On blog.Sup Forums.org it says images and thumbs are down. Is this the reason?

It's probably this, because I already have all Sup Forums and 4cdn whitelisted on umatrix. I upped the refresh time to 9999999 and will just do it manually with the r hotkey. See if it stops happening.

is this the same guy who drew the political futa on male stuff?
it looks awfully similar.

You got the proof?

Link to archive please?

Some news stories were saying the same.

archive.fo/weR90

Ruse Cruise

Is there a fix for this that doesnt have me restart my router? Threads dont auto-update for me. ublock and umatrix are disabled for Sup Forums and I dont use 4chanX

Open a image in a new tab.
Done.

It doesn't really do anything

That doesn't fix the "connection problem" with 4chanx

a.4cdn.org gives me an infinite loop. Any ideads why?

Simple, leave.
Use other chans.
Any suggestions?

I'm getting fucking tired of this many errors lately, what the fuck is the gook doing?

>having the error
>wait 5 minutes
>suddenly it disappears
>I know it's coming back randomly
What the fuck do I do when it inevitably comes back?

Thing is that Sup Forums has become to mainstream and everyone on facebook now posts here. This also attracts commercial interest and Hiroshima is selling your data to advertisers and whatnot. This combined with ongoing internet surveillance, Sup Forums is probably now monitored more than ever so who knows where your data actually ends.
I mean that the future of internet is not looking very good now. Google has a big grip on everything and some people are driving the complete and utter commercialization of internet. In few years you will see what I mean.

Is there anyway to install one of the latest version of 4chanX on Chrome?
The only way to install it is through the store, and the version there is 1.13.15.9

Also, don't use 4chanX, just use noScript and uBlock Origin and Cookie autoDelete. I don't have any issues with Sup Forums so far and I haven't detected any suspicious activity or redirections (I might miss something though).

>don't use 4chanX
But the native extension sucks shit.

It's because you have a 100 tabs open with autorefresh set to one second. Change it to 30 seconds.

Clover is completely broken thanks to hiros changes too, dev and stable builds.

First time I ever saw this error

Thread updaters don't work no matter what I set them to. Neither Sup Forums X's nor the native one.

everything works for me

Is it really because of having many tabs open? I have around ~400

What other imageboards are there that are actually good? 8gag is the most active one and it's populated with people who are so angry at shit all the time that they regularly make up shit to be angry about, which tends to overshadow actual discussion at times. All the other boards less active than 8gag start reaching post rates comparable to slower forums where you can expect a popular thread to get maybe a few posts per day.

Mine has been off for a few hours now and the update button still doesn't work when I press it.

You just install it and use it, you fucking chimp.

Lainchan but they got rid of their anime board so there is nothing now.

So by allowing 4cdn cookies and absolutely having no choice but to reset my IP after a couple hours waiting, and adjusting my cooldown from 4 seconds up to 10 seconds (site default), I am allowed to use a timer again.

Is 4chanX needed to adjust the cooldown?

And yet people dare shit on phoneposters
>works on my machine

Fucked over my waifu2x server, urls no longer work. Shit sucks but meh I guess since now I'll just batch upscale everything.

It works off and on, it worked at work, doesn't work here. Fucking hiroshimoot.

Fake and gay

The default on 4chanx is 30 but you can lower it.

I hope this gets fixed before the Darling threads starts at Sup Forums

Seriously, what the fuck is happening? Shit is STILL broken, and I'm getting only barely functionality by disabling uBlock, uMatrix AND 4chanX. This son of a bitch keeps breaking the site.

I wondered what the fuck was happening, I could browse for about 20 minutes, then I'd just have the page crash on me. I assumed the cdn was having problems, not that it was actively blocking me.

I dont think its any add-on causing this. Even on my phone the site doesnt auto-update and I have to restart my router every hour for the auto-update service to fix itself

Scratch that, doing what and did, getting a new IP address to fix the problem, though I don't know for how long.

>the Sup Forums browser that will never happen, etc

Pleb reporting in, using Win 7, Chrome, and uBlock, everything's working fine for me.

Hiro is more tech illiterate than moot will ever be.

how long does your fix last until everything goes wrong again? mine works for about an hour and a half

If it breaks for you, that means you're triggering cloudflare's ddos protection again. Reduce your auto refresh rate.

I applied fix almost 45 minutes ago and is still working for now. I'll tell you if it breaks again soon.

how do I do that?

why does Sup Forums x work on chrome but not firefox now

Arisuchan

It wil NEVER get fixed.

I'm using it just fine on Firefox 64-bit stable. Though I did have to do this

Really?

github.com/Sup Forums/4chan-API/issues/57

There's no need to panic then I guess

>it's populated with people who are so angry at shit all the time that they regularly make up shit to be angry about, which tends to overshadow actual discussion at times
And that is different from Sup Forums... how?

7ch
99ch
lain

it looks fine to me but i dont have that bloatshit in my browser.

I can post but the autorefresh doesn't work

For me it resumed working the moment I changed my IP. [spoiler]My pass didn't affect things either way.[/spoiler]

I have a static IP so just fuck my shit up.

Apparently you can do this then

>the last big fuckup barely did anything to my computer
>this shit is breaking the native extension now
aaaaaaaaaaa

Everything works on my side except the auto updater. F5 it is then.

Reminder that captchas are killing this.