Is Linux for faggots who like privacy and free stuff? So...

Is Linux for faggots who like privacy and free stuff? So, is Ubuntu still a good option to have or should I switch distros?

Ubuntu is shit. Use debian.

Use Gentoo faggot

thanks bby. why tho?

ubuntu starts collecting more data from user starting from 18.04 LTS
its pretty sad since i wanted to dual boot it along with windows 10
now i would go for debian(still have popcon though)
>blogpost end

>windows 10
>deliberately installs the full blown botnet
>cares about ubuntu collecting some telemetry
???

i still need windows-only software for work
but i am going to use ubuntu most of the time

Canonical has become very commercial. Like windows bad. It ships with amazon software. I'm too lazy to see if it collects any data, but fuckthatshit.gpg. Debian is what ubuntu is based on. Debian with gnome is very nice. Everyone hates gnome, but I like it. It just feels right to me. You probably should get a acquinted with the terminal. Start with learning the basics of bash.

ubuntu and zorin are excellent examples of exactly what lignux shouldn't be.

They've done this before, and it recieved backlash. Canonical dropped it like a teenage mother in front of a dumpster. Windows data collection is atrocious. It's constantly sending data.

Manjaro if you want simple but functional, Arch if you like to learn by being thrown in the midst of things. Manjaro is fantastic for beginners though

how does the frequency of breakages?
besides,manjaro team has some bad security records

If you really wanna do something in your computer and not browse web, fixing everything.
I recommend Windows with Bash

>I recommend wangblows 10
Shoo, shoo.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Everyone here has their own shitty preference. Read the wiki and make an informed decision based on what your needs are.

I really hate how this tree is arranged.

Amazon stuff ubuntu defaults to leaves a sour taste in the mouth. I'd rather use something else.

There, fixed it for you.

Enlighten me nig/g/ers, what's the difference between Debian and Arch Linux?

Debian focuses more on stability, and has a graphical installer.

>It ships with amazon software
A web shortcut is “software” now?

>I'm too lazy to see if it collects any data, but fuckthatshit.gpg
The retardation speaks for itself

Ubuntu now anonymously connects system info during the installer only. And you can opt-out if you really want.

> 5 Rupees have been deposited into my Ubuntu Software Center account

5 Rupees have been deposited into your Ubuntu Software Center account.

Arch will always give you the newest versions of everything, but sometimes break shit in the process. Debian will give you amazing stability, but at the cost of somewhat outdated software.

Thanks for replying with the same thing that I said. Really fired my fennel seeds.

Use Debian you stupid faggot, and then kill yourself for being such a wanker

>centos for servers
>debian stable on laptop
that's it now go and do something with the free time these distros have saved you

>not using debian stable on server
>not using debian testing/unstable on laptop
why you do this to yourself?

You should use Source Mage, real BASH hackers uses it!

>i still need windows-only software for work
>but i am going to use ubuntu most of the time
Why not use Windows 7 then? There are hardly any useful software exclusives for Windows 10.