How is it 80 years after putting a man on the moon we don't have moon colonies and Linux has no apps?

How is it 80 years after putting a man on the moon we don't have moon colonies and Linux has no apps?

Too many niggers and faggots in western countries.

He's right guys. The GNU/Linux kernel has no apps at all that I'm aware of.

Are you saying there's a "right" amount?

Yes; none.

Everyone on the moon would get cancer in the form of solar radiation since the ozone layer protects people from the sun.

at least it has image previews in the file picke-

>apps
fuck off applefag
Linux has the tools available to make basically anything we want it's just the competent people prioritize stuff that normalfags want.

Back when Apollo landings, and shows like Star Trek and 2001 A Space Odyssey, everybody thought we'd be on Mars in a decade and colonizing other planets in 50 years.
But then we just kept electing republicans, and it would set science back 50 years again every time.

>Debian has more than 60,000 programs in it's repos
>no apps

I know this is bait, but America leads in all fields of science (though the actual scientists are not american).

CERN shill GTFO. Your research is too expensive.

Program is much longer that app. But I will refer to thing that you call it 'program', as app.

It leads in fucking retarded units, not SI and science

Apps are for children, iToddlers and Androitards. Adults use programs plenty of which are available for Linux.

yeah, but we also helped curate the most efficient energy source known to man. Look up the INL kiddo.

the real problem is we are trying to spend all of our money on impossible things, like feeding these "people" in Africa who can't get evole and become self-sustaining, when all of that money should be going towards getting the hell off of this lousy planet.
that is pretty much what these new private companies are trying to do, but they won't succeed if we keep putting our money in the wrong places

isn't it funny how only IFL Science types are the only people that get upset about english/metric? It's just a unit system, both have their pros and cons. The benefits of converting between different measures of length by 10 doesn't matter when you're doing actual science because your problems are a lot more difficult than "what is 5 miles in inches"?

as an American myself, I can't stand using Imperial, but changing America's measurement system would be a huge waste of shekels, due to the need to replace all of the street signs in the entire country.

Dunno, I've moved from 100% metric county to county that is metric, but not quite... And it makes me confused.
The only thing I know about retarded units is that in one subway sandwich (foot) is 12 inches. But I guess it is mine problem.
When I was designing PCBs - mils were confusing as well.
> a lot more difficult than "what is 5 miles in inches"
Yes, but why to make stuff complicated, when good units are available for it?
That is too expensive, and people will do 60 mph on 60 kph speed limits, and that is bad.

GNU/Linux is not a kernel.

>Yuros like to brag about how they all know at least 2 languages
>Become autistically butthurt that we know two different measuring systems

I'll never understand this.

Because languages are less pain in the ass, that precise units. When you do mistakes in grammar or spell stuff wrong - it is not a big deal, native speaker still has a good chance of understanding you. But, it you convert cm to inches wrong - they will sell you a wrong size dick, bolt, nut, whatever. and that is not cool.

It sounds to me like you're just a colossal fucking retard. kys

Killing myself will not solve a problem. I will still be annoyed by imperial units.

I think he meant GNU + the Linux kernel

That sounds like a personal problem. If I go to a European country, I'll have no problem converting C to F in my head and making sure I dress appropriately

because one came about through years of cultural development whereas other just disagreements and confusion

Programs arentnecessarily applications...how do you not know this?

Linux has billions of apps in the play store.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

We only went to the moon to wave our dicks at russia, no reason to keep doing it when you can spend the rest on making an all seeing eye worth of satellites, of which they did with the cellphone tower ones without having to worry about seeing through the clouds anymore.

they lied about the moon of course
you cant lie about linux because it's free software. people would see it

>Linux has billions of apps in the play store.

>80 years after putting a man on the moon

Nineteen thirty-eight??

> When I was designing PCBs - mils were confusing as well.
Millimeters?

well the earth is flat and the moon doesnt exist

>don't have moon colonies
Because they are impractical as fuck. Imagine the cost of sending supplies to the moon.

The nazis went there first, obviously. Werner von Braun, essentially the guy responsible for sending Americans to the moon, had already perfected his rocket science for the nazis first before the Americans got to him.

60,000 programs, yet...
>no Tinder (Grindr)
>no flappy bird
>no Snapchat
Really makes you go 'hmm'

He's not too far off the first object to reach space.

>Ship bunch of people off to moon
>Have to supply them constantly for at least several years
>Even then, supplies aren't infinite
>No scientific benefits
>No technological benefits
>Few if any resource benefits
I wonder.

Donald Trump wants to sell the International Space Station to bolster the corporate profits of his bitch lackeys. He wants to privatise science so that he can make a quick buck off it, progress be damned. It’s fucking revolting.
America hates science and they're not changing their minds any time soon.

>N-word

>Linux has no apps
Because we have programs.

>80 years

unless we make 10 giant leaps in physics and engineering, there is no future for humanity in space.