What does Sup Forums think of material design? Effective and practical or overrated?

What does Sup Forums think of material design? Effective and practical or overrated?

I don't really care - "big change-ups" in design language like this are just the design department lying to management about something being the next big thing when in reality they're just giving themselves work so they can keep their jobs.

>work
All you need for material is the line tool and the fill tool? What do you mean work?

If anything, it's giving the pajeets over at the Android Engineering Dept more work if you've ever had to deal with the mess that is Android's widget system and the layers of backwards compatibility.

I don't think you understand how question marks work? Go back to tumblr?

biki is stupid but she's a good girl

this
how fucking moronic do you have to be to think ui design (or software period) can progress in the same way hardware can.

Practical and boring.

For Android, material design looks great. Android used to look worse than iOS, now it looks better.

I'm not sold on Windows 8/10 though.

this
Dashchan and LibreTorrent have great UIs

They need to learn how to scale each element down to a sensible size. Having a button eat up 20% of your screen is just asinine

Boring as fuck and doesn't really look that great on desktops.

It looks good, but it's only usable if you turn your DPI down. The stock scaling is way too big.

I'm glad I can expect interfaces to behave similarly.
Visually it's extremely unappealing.

impractical, unintuitive and unsightly

It's bland as fuck and makes UIs look lazily made.

i like it. the simpler the better.

>no clear distinction between a button, a label, a link, and several other controls
>stencil icons everywhere with no description and no means of displaying tooltips
it's fucking shit mate

>button easily trice as tall as their labels

can i stab you?

it's ok when it's icons thought right

icons are usually cubic, so it's not the same feel

and icons that are stupidly wide do bother me

it's a phone buddy

MD is flat done right desu. It seems to have a lot of thought put into the design language, and it looks/feel good. That said, sometimes it's used as an excuse to cram in useless whitespace - see the new YouTube. It works better on mobile because of this - usually too much of said whitespace on desktop. Again, YouTube.