Apple music costs as much as netflix HD monthly

>Apple music costs as much as netflix HD monthly.

What. the. fuck. Is there any streaming service worth the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/spotify-dogfood/updater-for-spotify
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tidal

>streaming

Youtube

source my man

Is it good? My dap came with it installed but I haven't tried it yet.
How's the music selection?

youtube is free

It's shit and worthless, ignore him.
If you want FLAC, go with Deezer. Their whole collection isn't available in FLAC, though most stuff is from my experience and their library is much bigger.
If you want YouTube Red and the ability to upload your own music, go with Play Music.
If you're a student, you might be able to get a discount on Spotify, Apple Music or Deezer depending on your location.

I have local files for my own music, and spotify for shit I haven't gotten yet / doesn't care enough to get. I'll look into deezer as replacement to spotify.

No.

Fuck sorry my bad man, it seems like Deezer's lossless shit is only for certain devices.

No
Just use Google

youtube?
there are no copyright laws forbidding me (in the EU) to listen to what others have already shared

Fuck paying, just install NewPipe

>i don't want to have control over the media I consume
>manipulating me with rigged algorhithms is ok
>renting > owning
fuck off to reddit, cuck

The advantages of streaming services are: constant music discovery, friend sharing and instant access to new music

>JewPipe
No

>She (he) has friends
Heh, get a load of this normie

only technically inept people consider streaming using a fair & beneficial deal

Am I the only one who still downloads and hoards music?

Hoarder here as well. I just have everything on my computer as flac. I sync my whole music folder to google play for listening on the go.

>music discovery
use last.fm or libre.fm if you want to be tracked
>friend sharing
You mean the music you don't control because it's encrypted with digital restriction management? I can send an album to a friend if I want, you can't.
>instant access to new music
I'll give you that. On the other hand, I get that too, either paid on bandcamp or with tracker a for every artists that still decided to get fucked by big publishers

I hoard something at 50gb, mostly mp3 and self-ripped flac. I encode to mp3 for my phone and will probably switch to opus when it's finally supported as audio in android

Just install this, go to settings, tap on the version 6 times to unlock the 'hidden' functionality and get Spotify for free
github.com/spotify-dogfood/updater-for-spotify

If you want to be pedantic - streaming services also offer lyrics on-demand and explicit music filtering. Something which you have to manage manually for your own collection.

I don't see any problems there? I usually add lyrics when I tag my music automatically with data from discogs. What do you mean with "explicit music filtering"?

Look into Spotify Dogfood, modded APK version of the app with premium features unlocked, it's amazing.

aMule

I'm a dummy, do I want the "light" or "core" version?

Core. Light is only ad-free. Core has the quality selection, no skip limitations, etc.

thanks f
a
m

this

>Is there any streaming service worth the money?
Yes. Torrents.

no
I don't want to be dependent on a single restrictive program for my music
I also have a lot of shit that isn't on streaming services

holy shit thank you user

you're going to die one day, it could be tomorrow, and your music collection will be entirely inconsequential

once i grasped this truth i switched to apple music on my iphone TM, threw my desktop and media servers in the garbage, and began to actually start living my life

Don't only goys stream things? I remember people would buy pirated DVDs, but that was only because the majority of goys didn't know how to torrent things and even if they did it was a headache because of slow internet. But then torrenting was so easy that any normie could do it and internet speeds exploded making pirating easily accessible to any goy. I don't know if they fell into the trap of reading the comments such as

>"What is up fellow pirates, my ISP contacted me yesterday about downloading [insert file]. Just a word to the wise"

And they fell for it. Or if they fell for the "dude look how much you're saving by streaming lmao!" even though they're paying for something they'll never own, but that fits in perfectly with their life. They all seem to be in the process of paying for a car they can't afford, house they can't afford, and using credit cards they'll never be able to pay off, because they have to show how individual they are by keeping up with the other goys, and somehow believe their (((liberal arts degree))) will pay for it all.
They like the "convenience" of having things (((on demand))), but really it's because we're reaching the point, or we've reached the point, where the "convenience" is just because they have no other option. They're too stupid to use any other alternative.
Strangely, these same goys, the ones either too scared to break the law by torrenting or are too stupid to use anything that isn't (((streaming))), are the same ones who keep talking about (((revolutions))). Protip if you're one of these people, if you get your wish, I guarantee you'll be dead within the first 48 hours.