Why aren't you using a dedicated portable music player?

why aren't you using a dedicated portable music player?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No viper4android/dolby atmos, bluetooth

Because i have an iPhone, loser

I need spotify & good sound on that

I’d love to, but I’m too lazy for that. I stream all my music

PowerAmp+Viper2android

Keyboard on my phone is too comfy.
>tfw I can just type in the name of the track I want to listen to

cause after going through a sansa zen and two of those minisansa clippy things i realized smart phone headphone jack fail way less often

I did for a while, but I don't listen to music, I listen to podcasts
It's just too convenient to check for new episodes, download, remember what you already listened to, remember until what point you already listened to and play within the same device

Everyone has a phone these days, that's why.

I am, I've got a 5th gen iPod Classic

i never leave my home

Because I can afford a phone.

What are some good options OP ?

SanDisk can't receive Apple Music

This.

I have one but there's not much reason to use it. I don't always take my phone with me when I go out, but when I do, it doesn't make sense to bring my PMP too, considering my phone can do many things, including playing music, while my PMP can only do one thing: play music. The DAC in my phone is just as good, and battery life is irrelevant if I'm not going innawoods for a week. Everywhere you go, there are outlets. My car has a charger in it. I have a power bank, too. That's even assuming the battery can't last all day, which my phone can do (5 hours of SOT at max brightness)

Physical buttons would be nice but I honestly don't care enough. It's not such a hassle to turn on the screen and skip next if I don't like the song (the simple solution is to not put music you don't like on your player)

Phones have obsoleted these in daily use. They are use-case specific tools for unique circumstances.

Cuck

Fiio X5 III supports viper natively and has Android.

>sbotnetify
laughing-RIAA.jpg

because they don't support Google Play Music

But I am.

>Implying I'm not.

The Clip Sport looks nice, shame it's basically useless with that software and you can't even Rockbox it.

>why aren't you using a dedicated dildo to fuck your girl

If you're a scrub like me it's fine, just a single playlist with all my songs on it and random playback. The battery on mine still lasts over 20hours.

I use mine for running/gym with my koss portapros. I hate having anything on me for running I.e a phone so the sansa is perfect as it weighs nothing

Using those fucking headphones on a mp3 is Sup Forums tier

Why aren't you using a dedicated calculator, camera, noteblock, etc?
I have a smartphone that can do all this.

Just pirate music and store on a portable device

>more storage on your phone
>cheap
>music everywhere
>battery lasts longer than phone
>charges faster
>???????
>$profit$

I use an AGPTEK mp3 player, also supports FLAC and other stuff. Way better sound quality than a smartphone especially when I'm plugging it into my car speakers

I have an android smartphone

yeah but you're gay which is worse

>2018
>Still using 3.5mm

If those things can read 400GB microSDXC cards then sure. Otherwise eat shit.

Because I’m not autistic.

I checked the devices that can be RockBox'd and all of them all fucking expensive. I just hope my Sansa Clip+ never dies.

don't speak to me ever again dumb frogposter

Official Sup Forums pmp, in fact. Fully integrated in the community.

I blackberry fucktard

its 2018

Btw, about not being able to use online subscriptions: I have an older, rooted phone that I use to download everything in my Google Play Music subscription, extract it to mp3, then copy it to the MicroSD in the Sansa. A bit convoluted but I've got like 40GB of perfectly ripped and organized music.

Spotify is excellent. Gotta get that ogg shit, puts every 320kbps mp3 file I have to shame

If you put your podcasts into the audiobook folder on the sport clip it will remember where you left off. I don’t know why it doesn’t use that feature for podcasts.

Because I can access millions of songs everywhere I go on all my devices with Spotify?

>2018
>Not using pocketcasts or spotify

>350 yurodollars for a music player

Because I have Spotify Premium, 128GB internal storage and a 128GB MicroSD card on my Note 8.

Hey, Tunguska is pretty cool!

Ha! Gay!

>5 free years of Spotify Premium
>Apple Music for $4.99/month

I'm good.

Totally worth it

>onee-san, it's too big!

>Yet another device i have to lug with me and remember to charge

Just get a phone with expandable storage senpai

How on earth did you convince yourself to connect such big headphones to that device?!

What's the best 24-bit player under 200 dollars?

Because your pic related is essentially the only one available

Can it play 24-bit?

Implying anything past 16/44.1 isn't a meme.

hhahahahahahhaha

Cowon i9+ here but i don't have properly headphones yet.

Well, I think I can hear the difference between 16 and 24 bit with certain songs and good headphones.

Nice battery life, faggot.

T-thats too big to fit, s-senpai!

Keep listening to your crappy 128kbps rap with your iPod, we do not enforce you to get good tastes.

For what purpose?
My car has a stereo.
My house has a stereo.
I took a DAC to work so my computer at work plays music too...

Why would I need a PMP?

>sansa clip+ died
FUCK

>justifying autism with unwarranted sense of superiority

This is the behaviour of juveniles.

At least in my case, I use mine while riding my bike, and for when someone passes the aux at a house party

Why not just use your phone for both of those?

In the case of riding, you'd be able to answer calls too.
In the case of a party - do you carry your PMP everywhere?

In the case of riding, I keep my phone on my saddle bag instead of pockets because I don't want it getting sweaty or risking breaking it in case I fall
In the case of a party I don't like being left phone-less for the rest of the party
And yes, I carry it everywhere, it's pretty damn small

What a weird justification...
I sweat so profusely, people constantly jokingly ask me if it's raining when I arrive by bike. And yet I've never even thought about the phone getting sweaty. Do you stash it next to your balls? Tie it around your torso, under the shirt?

>owns Dacia car
>complains about glorious Lexus owners
Why are you trying to fit the situation to your own judgement?

Jersey's back pockets
Some of them have waterproof pockets, but some don't.

>In the case of riding, I keep my phone on my saddle bag instead of pockets because I don't want it getting sweaty or risking breaking it in case I fall
That's fair I guess.
>In the case of a party I don't like being left phone-less for the rest of the party
Meh, I'm not at a party to play on my phone anyway.

Can I install GNU/Linux on it?

Ah well, that's admittedly the most likely place besides your balls for a phone to get sweaty, especially if you're doing anything longer than a simple commute.

It's still nice to have your phone with you in case someone's calling, or you need to check a message or something.

Do you even know the difference bit depth makes between two files?

Do you?

All I know is that I can hear the difference between 16 bit and 24 bit audio.

It affects the maximum dynamic range and nothing more, so unless you're dealing with material that has actual content below -96 dBFS or was subject to a botched conversion from a 24 bit source you are fooling yourself. ABX or gtfo.

Because I already do.

>fat fingers
>dirty nails

I can't use my phone for exams. My phone is shit for typing. My phone is also shit for taking on a run or working out in general.

Because I have a phone.

Fair enough, I didn't know. I thought the bit depth affected the quality of the sound. I thought I could tell a difference, but it's inherently subjective at this point.

Can the Sansa Clip Plus play FLAC?

it plays FLAC just fine

I'm still using my 11-12 year old Samsung YPK-3 1GB.

Oh, those training mines. Brings back army memories... Bastards are even a couple of kilos heavier than the real things. Good times!

>viper4android
snake oil
>dolby atmos
useless on mobile
>bluetooth
i'll give you that

>Viper4Android is snake oil
Its name makes for a good joke there, but it's far from actually being snake oil.

cheap ones don't support opus. now that i think about it, i don't know any expesive ones that do, either.

But I am

I'm using some Sony shit that was far too expensive for what it is.

Is there a good music player with long battery life, a sensible button layout (real buttons)? Why is this so difficult.

Install Rockbox.

damn you're retarded. V4A is just a fancy equalizer that wastes battery. There's zero point and no it does not improve audio quality at all.

I have my galaxy s7 you poorfag

mhmmmm, didn't know this existed. thanks, user.

How to get viper4android without jailbreak?
Nougat here.

>jailbreak
>Android
I think you mean "rooted" faggot
Do some searching before mindlessly asking shit you're too lazy to look up.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Android phone/tablet/TV with google play music with over 40000 songs I pirated that are uploaded to their main server with insant streaming from all my devices in sweet 320bits