youtube.com/watch?v=rw92hzSdrII
youtube.com/watch?v=RILjn853QFA
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ625uG_gGc
youtube.com/watch?v=JH36n97-ujE
last.fm/user/Cezrulez/library/artists?date_preset=LAST_365_DAYS
youtu.be/ZlKzlfqmzpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>metal

whatever, as long as they eventually get into better bands and realize sunbather isn't metal

It's closer to "I'm not normally into metal, but..." core

That's the joke.

yeah metal threads on Sup Forums outside of the general are cringe tier. Filled with unironic posts like "I'm not normally into metal except btbam, deafheaven mastodon, baroness, converge, etc."

that's usually what I tell people before I try showing them this

>just because its pink its not metal

>Just because it has harsh vocals it's metal

you have no idea what you're talking about, there are almost no metal riffs on that album. it's post rock with shoegaze elements and screamed vocals. i've heard their latest album is a little more metal tho

>unironically complaining about people unironically liking converge

the tremolo picking and fast drumming make it metal to

It's screamogaze.

> there are almost no metal riffs on that album

What's a metal riff?

>listens to Sunbather once

not complaining about people liking converge. I like converge. I am complaining about the people who say metal sucks except for the most entry-level gateway bands like the ones I mentioned earlier.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about, i really hope this is bait

Pretty sure Title Fight are screamogaze

what the fuck

hey guys pewdiepie here

it's a riff that brings you closer to the haptic void.
>tremolo
shoegaze
>fast drums
screamo

youtube.com/watch?v=N-Dyaoq_oSA

youtube.com/watch?v=4iaj2w7Bp58

How is this any different?

What the fuck are you plebs on about? There's an established name for this type of music, feckin blackgaze.

pretty sure he did it ironically

Welp

blackgaze doesn't have breakdowns and screamo vocals about relationship issues, it's screamogaze

yep, this is bait

this is my favorite metal band desu. They are solid. I don't really understand the hate, I'm guessing it's from people who aren't really used to the genre

That didn't stop Bulldozer from being one of the best speed bands of all time

/metal/ isn't less cringe, just terrible in a different way

not subtle enough, leave that for youtube comments.

the only difference between those two songs is that there's effects on Deafheaven's instruments.

darkthrone is good

and dicks in Deafheaven's mouths.

They're both pretty trash to be honest. I guess thats why I have an unbiased ear when it comes to this kind of shit

>i have no idea about metal so my opinion is unbiased
That's true, great argument

no you're just biased in favor of having dicks in your ears.

You apply genres based on aesthetic and not sound, which is retarded. Deafheavan are clearly a metal band.

Deafheaven are blatantly screamogaze, did you even read the thread?

It also has heavy distortion, extended guitar solos, roots in blues/psychedelic music, emphatic/aggressive beats, and generally high-tempo playing. Just because you don't like it or it incorporates elements of other genres into a metal context doesn't mean it isn't, by definition, metal.

>Screamogaze

its black metal with shoegaze-tier effects

no, but the fact that it's not metal prevents it from being anything more than

it's called blackgaze you dumb fucks

nice, good call. its really odd when people generalize that metalheads on Sup Forums all listen to the namedrops here but i often see people posting great examples of real metal e.g. bulldozer.

do people just ignore post that contain actual classic metal and just close their eyes and just pretend metalheads are listening to baroness and converge?

>now im just le trolling becuz i was wrong

>black metal with shoegaze-tier effects
it's screamo with shoegaze-tier effects

I usually post in /metal/, someone just linked this thread, I don't normally post on Sup Forums with very few exceptions

making it metal

check out this black metal band I just discovered. black beasts, tremolos, harsh vocals, the list goes on..

youtube.com/watch?v=-dYAJ1t7-J8

but not black

I didn't know you were trolling me, I thought you were genuinely retarded by stating that such vague sound characteristics as those you mentioned could only apply to metal.

making it shoegaze

>uses "it's not metal" as criticism
opinion discarded

>whatever, as long as they eventually get into better bands
so then i guess they'd have to stop listening to metal.

>just because he le screams its screamo

both wrong

weak b8 friend

>It's a pitchfork hipsters have to talk about metal that isnt ulver or deafheaven episode

wrong, its an 'evolved' form of black metal

>just because it le goes fast it's metal
How about "it sounds weak, it's super repetitive, and it fails to convey a vivid atmosphere"

If you really want to know why Deafheaven isn't metal refer to this interview with Mirai Kawashima from the band Sigh (play from 0:01)

youtube.com/watch?v=kN_x2kF6pUI

i never really understand why this shit happens all the time

IT'S THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP BROOOOOO!!!!!

insofar as crunkcore is an evolved form of hardcore punk and hip-hop

You are not even into grammar.

Nobody said that

OUR BOY
M I R A I
I
R
A
I

I didn't know /metal/ was board. is it a board? can you link me to it?

Evolved =/= better idiot

funny

it's the metal general on Sup Forums it has been very shitty in recent months however

I'm not typically into metal but I like all those records people who don't typically like metal like

Baroness, Mastodon, Boris, Kylesa, thrash-era Metallica, Dillinger, High on Fire, etc.

I don't like the aesthetic associated with most metal. It feels try-hard and cartoonish, like Slayer - "Raining Blood", "Angel of Death", even the band name. Shit is cheesy as fuck

please keep your posts about the latest indie rock albums and trap rap mixtapes and refrain from commenting on heavy music ever again, thanks

>try-hard
and it succeeds hard.

Sounds to me like your thing is buttrock that's slightly more elaborate than the rest of buttrock.

god bless your attempt at categorising me, it was wildly inaccurate

shit is edge-lord tier cringe

stay insecure about your tastes lads, just because a stranger on the internet doesn't like the records you like

is that fantano's girlfriend

>I don't normally post on Sup Forums
no seriously doesnt a metal thread still constitute as a part of Sup Forums?

is a metal general thread always up?

am i supposed to just search on the catalog for "metal" and therefore I might as well call it /metal/

>I discount entire genres of music because of aesthetics and image rather than the actual music

stay pleb son

hey dude we're just exchanging opinions and critiquing them.
>shit is edge-lord tier cringe
You know what's actually cringeworthy? using "cringe" as an adjective like you just stumbled out of a Leafy rant and thought that his mannerisms were cool.
But to the point, you have to realize that "edge-lord" is supposed to refer to people who try to be like Slayer and fail.
If you don't, you're gonna end up dismissing school shootings as "just tryhard teenage shit", thereby trying too hard to showcase how jaded you are by violence.
Which is what edgelords do.

anyone who says that deafheaven is black metal is either retarded or doesn't know a jack shit about black metal or metal in general

youtube.com/watch?v=rw92hzSdrII

youtube.com/watch?v=RILjn853QFA

>I'm not typically into metal but I like all those records people who don't typically like metal like

what do you think thats says about those records?

metalheads hate them and non metal heads like them. hmmmm... could it be because they arent actually metal albums?

must be why I could never get into these dudes.

There is a thread up 24/7 pretty much yes

Slayer is goofy as fuck fampai

If you can't see this you are beyond reason

It's just horror, dude. It ain't goofier than the Texas chainsaw massacre or the death of Achilles.

They aren't.
>Same Rhythm
>Same Distortionx1000
>Same fans

>same fans
wew lad

>from the band Sigh

he is tho.

>listens to pic related once

oh yeah, I'm really into black metal now

fuck off OP

if you've never carved slayer into your forearm, you're a poser

this is black metal
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ625uG_gGc

this is screamo
youtube.com/watch?v=JH36n97-ujE

deafheaven is screamo with blast beats not black metal

>black people wearing Burzum shirts

Krallice did hipster black metal much, much better.

So did Wolves In The Throne Room for that matter.

black metal ---> black gaze

how bad is my taste :^)
last.fm/user/Cezrulez/library/artists?date_preset=LAST_365_DAYS

I like it

youtu.be/ZlKzlfqmzpQ

>white people posting avgn gifs

who?