Explain how they are "experimental"...

explain how they are "experimental". outside of the vocal performance nothing they do is that different from other artists. they sound good for what they are but calling them experimental is false.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_burn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_hip_hop
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they arent, its just nu metal for hipsters and it got spammed on here so now they have le quirky white boy hipster fanbase

They use polymeter, polyrythm, instrument production panning that is vast and nauseating.
Song structures tend to include long bridges and the introduction of phantom themes. There is a lot of different stuff they do that remains out of the grasp of traditional pop settings, user.

Name 10 artists that sound that same as ExM, TMS, NLDW, GP, NOTM, JD, and BP.

>outside of the vocal performance
are you implying that ride's vocal style is experimental
because it isn't
beyond that i agree with you obviously, but it's worth bearing in mind that a lot of Sup Forumstants have not listened to/are unaware of the artists and movements that DG borrows from so a little ignorance can be forgiven

Fairly arrhythmic at times.. Lyrics that don't flow like a normal pop song. Doesn't sound like much hip-hop before it. It doesn't have to be the weirdest thing ever, but not a lot of people sound like them, so they're pushing hip-hop into a small, but sight experimental direction. I mean, do you really consider them a typical, everday hip-hop band?

they're experimental cause their music causes their fans to experiment and suck big sweaty cocks

Cause it buttflusters you as you just revealed in your post

They're experimental in the sense that they're pushing forward hip hop into new territories. To be experimental you don't have to break all rules there are. There's a difference between being avant-garde and being experimental.

Honestly, how much hip hop is there like Death Grips in terms of production and vocal delivery? Obviously there are examples of aggressive hip hop, but there's nothing quite like them.

I'm sick of all the self important people on this site that denote anything that is regarded as "experimental" because they themselves are keenly aware of much more avant-garde artists that are out there making completely dissonant and atonal music.

nothing sounds like niggas on the moon, therefore it is experimental

why is it people think experimental means did something first
the word for that is avante-garde dipshits

> nu metal

Apparently you don't know what this means.

>ugly chugging electric guitars
>downbeat drumming that tries to pick up pace to create a sort of chiseled hip hop beat
>loud vocals that try to shout over all this other racket

is it nu metal or death grips that i'm describing

nu metal

definitely nu metal.
Zach Hill does not need to "try to pick up pace" to create any sort of beat. The man is a beast.

They combine influences of hip hop, noise and industrial - something that has rarely (never?) been done before, in a way that definitely hasn't been done before.

>racket
>something as simple as nu metal sounds like noise
>not shit taste pleb

they never use chugging guitars, wtf. all their guitar work is melodic. also from a timbral standpoint their guitar work is often pitch bended and given certain distortion effects to make it sound "digitized" like a synthesizer. the nu-metal comparison is shallow. both death grips and nu-metal bands make angry music and that's about as far as it goes.

idk i like the yelling and blip bloops and drums

idc if its experimental or not

lol

>getting buttblasted about comparing music for adolescents to music for adolescents
>not shit taste adolescent pleb

>abrasive synths
>sporadic drumming
>guy yelling about being insane
>fax machine noises

Every Death Grips songs

>fax machine noises
andy != matmos

notm is experimental

it's their best too

i'd say theyre experimental they combine elements of numetal crunkcore and have trap influenced beats + a lil black metal thrown in there especially with their latest album

>nothing they do is that different from other artists. they sound good for what they are but calling them experimental is false.
I don't think you understand what experimental means.

kek

when your mum tried to fit an eggplant up her ass that was experimental

sounds like you dont actually

Music created with the experimental process?

Nice try.

I've never heard any artist combine polyrhythmic drumming, explosive electronics, distorted guitars, and paranoid esoteric rapping like Death Grips do. And they manage to attack new styles on every album. Sounds pretty experimental to me but I don't really give a damn if an artist is experimental or not. Kind of a juvenile thing for OP to be wetting his pants over you know?

Can you explain and cite an example of introducing phantom themes? You sound smart and I'm curious.

Attack new styles? Is that why they're so shitty? They kill every sound they come across?

o-ok *kisses*

Blackie, Dalek, Kanye, Clipping, MF Doom, ODB, Techno Animal, Uochi Toki, Lil Ugly Mane, WWW

if anything they've set experimental music back 20 years

You need to destroy in order to rebuild

Hoe so?

Check out Korn and Slipknot you'd probably like them

Said nobody intelligent ever

good meme

>not getting anal raveged about comparing rabbit turds to dogshits

Experimental is a huge buzzword anyway

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_burn

It's not a meme faggot they're literally like what that post described, you're just too insecure with your Sup Forumscred to give them a proper chance.

you need to name at least one

not that guy but B L A C K I E is kinda close
also NAH, but he's obviously been influenced by them

The only thing backfiring here is your shitty argument because that shit is unequivocally negative

Like, I don't think you understand how perfectly fitting the name is because long-term it ends up hurting more than helping

>NAH
Who is this?

They're the only band I know that appeals to both a higher state of consciousness and a lower form of primal instinct

>Controlled burning stimulates the germination of some desirable forest trees, and reveals soil mineral layers which increases seedling vitality, thus renewing the forest. Some cones, such as those of Lodgepole Pine and Sequoia, are serotinous, as well as many chaparral shrubs, meaning they require heat from fire to open cones to disperse seeds.

a drummer who used to do really abrasive instrumental industrial hip hop who's last mixtape light as fuck was pretty DG-esque
I think his bandcamp is nahstuff.bandcamp.com

name a single other artist that has used drum triggered synths and samples in remotely the same way.

>death grips fans

you really think they invented the e drum?

what a pleb thread

>DGhaters

Did you even finish the sentence?

Korn is in my backlog I was already planning to listen to them. your assumptions about "Sup Forumscred" and so on are baseless and immature. why do I give a single damn what a bunch of anons on a South Russian mosaics board think of my taste?

do you really think Jimi Hendrix invented electricity?

>never

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_hip_hop

Stop trying to make it work.

I don't need to because all you have to do is simply google "creation out of chaos" to understand that it is a very real phenomenon. Things fall apart so they can be rebuilt. Why do you think revolutions happen?

they are experimental because they experiment with each other sexually

hahahaha
ecology major here, you have no idea what you're talking about

>burning some pine trees = music!

No no no no no lol no no

That is just dumb.

Must be nu metal because 95% of Death Grips songs don't even have a guitar

That would actually be experimental btw

>experimental = it's never been done before!!
You must be 18+ to post on this board

ODB?
??

They just rip off Aphex Twin beats and have mc ride rap over them. When are they going to collab.

Aphex twin and death grips are my favorite a collab would be awesome. Death grips are already working with Chris Cunningham the guy who did Aphex twin videos.

bcuz i said so lol

no it isn't. it's illustrating how dumb you are sayign 'you think zach invented e drums?'

What Zach has been doing with drums is completely comparable to what Jimi Hendrix did. He's the first using new technology on his instrument to make bitching pop songs with astounding technical skill and a completely unique voice.

feedback used to just be something avant academic music used, Jimi Hendrix used the guitar to manipulate it in new ways expanding the timbres and vocabulary of popular music and what can be done on a guitar.

He took new technology to change the sound of his instrument to be different from every player that came before him, that's exactly what Zach has done.

Slipknot and BrokeNCYDE did it first

this and the nu metal comments are really depressing. it's like the kind of ignorant shit a mom or dad would say.