Phone

I've been coming to Sup Forums for the past 5 years only for PC related and sometimes programming related topics. Never cared about my cellphone.

For the first time ever I'm getting a flagship smartphone as I need one for my work.

Currently interested in S8 and Pixel 2. But the most important thing to me is having a clean phone. Seems like S8 is full of bloatwares. When I look up "Custom Rom S8" on YouTube, all videos have a lot of dislikes. Is there really no decent solution to make S8 work without bloatwares? Oh, also installing custom roms voids the warranty, right?

Pixel 2 seem to have no shit apps preinstalled. But then it doesn't have a headphone jack.

What do? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Currently using a Pixel 2 and couldn't be happier about the decision. The pictures are absolutely amazing, the phone is free of duplicate apps and bloat, and it just works beautifully.

Out of those 2 I suggest pixel 2, as it will be updated for 3 years anyway if you're not using rooms, plus the no bloatware is true. I don't have any issues with no headphone jack, it does come with a dongle if you need to use a corded pair

5 rupees have been deposited into your Google™ account

So I won't need to root or do anything out of the box to get rid of unwanted bullshit apps?

hmmm, just checked. Pixel 2 has a smaller battery. I was hoping for a good battery life. What about Mate 10 Pro? Although that will need rooting / installing custom Rom too. Fuck.

The pixel 2 is currently the best phone on the market.

Name a competitor and I'll tell you why it's inferior in contrast to the pixel 2.

>no iMessage
LOL

Doesn't the small battery bother you? Does it last more than a day?

Buy oneplus 5t. Great community support, lots of ROMs.

Oh shit, and it doesn't have wireless charging. I have a Kia Sportage Ex Tech with a wireless charger. It's so convenient to use it.

>reddit, the phone
this is an 18+ board

You must be 18 to post on Sup Forums sweetie.

Everyone in the first world uses iMessage

జ్ఞా

I own the P2 XL. The battery life is amazing. Using a custom kernel you can disable the high power cores and only enable the power saving cores. The power saving cores on the 835 are a53 cores like the ones on the energy efficient mid range 630 models, except it's even more energy efficient because it's made on a 10nm process unlike 630's 14nm process. You can't do this on other phones because the only the pixel is this open. Not even on other 835 devices.

There's no sacrifice in smoothness and I regularly get 9 hour+ of screen time.

Doesn't work on my iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch, MacBook Pro or my iPad Pro. Sorry!

The LG V30 is very under rated and priced as such. The H930 Europe version has a manufacturer bootloader unlock. Seriously considering buying one myself.

>ip7

Poorfag

Plus*
I don't upgrade my phone nearly as often as I upgrade my iPad :3

>LG V30

hmm, checking it out now.

Ok so if I get the Galaxy S8 and install a custom ROM, will it void the warranty?

I'm getting it from Telus by the way.

>Kia Sportage
You use that to drive home Tyrone after he serviced your wife?

I... I don't get it :(

Okay are we really going to pretend the US is a first world country?

I tried to insult this user on what is in my opinion a poor choice for a car.

>no headphone jack

give me a fucking break.

get the S8, install a launcher, hide all the apps you don't want and set them to send no notifications.

I've been looking at it, tired of this windows phone with no app support