/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2018/02/14/meet-girls-idolmaster-shiny-colors-new-idol-unit-lantica/
youtu.be/tiII0bMW5Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=T7c71f_n0kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is the second best anime protagonist behind amir?

what is the second worst generation behind gen z?

what is the second best antagonist behind jason ?

die

honsetly, have we been shilling stax hard enough? it seems like the hd600 owners are getting uppity again.

Post your setup.

I want to lick her feets!

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
And while at it, what's your best girl @lantica?
siliconera.com/2018/02/14/meet-girls-idolmaster-shiny-colors-new-idol-unit-lantica/
I favor Sakuya.

I want to lick your feet, Idol Trash

older pic only thing that has changed is the speaker stands.
anyway what you currently listening too /hpg/?
youtu.be/tiII0bMW5Q4

I feel so threatened by that animu grill.

How is hiss on those? Asking unironically. I'm considering speaker upgrade to lsr 305 but I can't stand audible hiss. As long as it's only audible if you put your ear next to it, that's fine. That's what my current speakers do anyway.

You're not listening to music off YouTube with top tier headphones, are you, user?

Reminder: The STAX user base considers this the best amp for STAX. It's priced at $6000 (Six-thousand dollars) .

n-no of course not.
not noticeable unless your ear is on the tweeter

Yt links are just for convenience to show off a song. I'd like to think nobody here actually uses yt for their own favorite music listening.

you only make yourself look worse when you try to strawman and associate us with stax posters from forums

has nothing to do with youtube. it's just the recording/production. tidal is louder than spotify, and louder sounds better psychoaccoustically so that's why people think tidal > spotify. people upload shitty compressed versions of songs to youtube, it's not really anything to do with youtube itself as a platform.

Find me a single SR-009 review that didn't use that amp, a version of it, or some tube amp. I'll save you the time. There is none.

>"buy the hd600!!!11"

point to someone here that isn't a tripfag that believes amps are worth it for STAX

You know, if you took the feet off your schiit stack They might just both fit in that slot. Would look much better imo.I'm sure you could put a thin layer of something on top of the modi to stop it getting scratched

>people upload shitty compressed versions of songs to youtube, it's not really anything to do with youtube itself as a platform.
Who cares about the cause? What matters is the effect: you can't trust something that's on YouTube because God knows how many layers of lossy compression the music has gone through.

Pretty sure you need an amp for any of their headphones, phone poster.

Why do HD600, the best headphones in the world, make you so angry, user?

HD 6000000000

>"buy my virginity!!!11"

BUY THEM

I didn't realize you were autistic, my bad. I should have known. I'll help you out by rewriting it since you are contextually handicapped
>point to someone here that isn't a tripfag that believes amps other than the cheapest are worth it for STAX

6 0 0

>Who cares?
uh.. I do. it's called not being ignorant

i would be a tight fit. ill probably put the magni next it since i don;t have the ps4 anymore

S E N N H E I S E R

I see paranoid gen z is back at it.

Imagine how nice it'd feel if she stepped on you with her bare feet.
Been watching pic related.

Bravo Sennheiser!
*sips soy*

Sorry for assuming you were retarded when you typing like a retard. Clearly I should had assume someone typing like a retard may not be a retard.

>mfw listening to perfect hd600 bass!

Dude, I had the shilling as much as you do but it's time you stopped shitting the thread with the spam. There's no need for 666 variations of the drooling retard meme.

it's alright autism user, I understand it takes effort for you to be able to read between the lines

YAAAASSS HD600 SLAAAAAAAAY

Dude, learn when to stop. You are becoming the golem you are fighting against.

user I don't care about her, I want you to step on me

Pretty sure you're projecting. And judging from how you changed typing styles probably insecure too.

I am more interested in new stax portable amp/dac

yes I am. I am insecure. oh noes. post more about stax amps, keep it going.

is there a price yet? what's the max input voltage?

>Made in China.
Nice.

>Made in China

Hopefully means it'll be priced accordingly.

don’t know anything yet

I might grab one if it is $400 or less

Yeah might as well

He's displaying true autism. I don't even know how to feel about it anymore and I;m not even a fucking regular here.

I have absolutely nothing against that
China makes some very good things today

audiophiles are already autistic af. put that together with Sup Forums and you get wonderful things. it's really not surprising and it's pretty normal here

>China makes some very good things today
Name one electronic product. At best you got some products that are assembled with jap parts.

name ANY chink product and it outperforms the bifrost. topping d30 outperforms the yggy. are you in denial still? snap out of it

>audiophiles are already autistic af
Only on some segments of the internet? I mean, I know some rich audiophiles in the real world, and they're just your average ignorant and superstitious people. Most audiophiles don't obsess over measurements and stuff like that, like the autistic bits of the internet. It's more of a status symbol. My friend who blew $500 on speaker cables didn't do it on an objective basis. The Hi-Fi retailer told him it sounded best and he believed it and thought nothing of the money.

No one mentioned Schiit products at all, kiddo. You proved my point.

Auralic aries and vega

This guy is not even an audiophile. He's a 21 year old college kid and the only audio related thing he owns is single pair of entry level headphones (ath m40x). He probably never heard or owned anything else, and for sure anything that costs more than $100.

what's your point, gen z?

Line Magnetic audio

>Auralic aries
No
You are are on the spectrum with reading comprehension like that.

make your point kid

>it's really not surprising and it's pretty normal here

It's clearly the same few people who go through these dedicated shitposting sequences . We're all a bit 'autistic' here in a sense, but not like these actual mongs. They literally can't cope with the fact that some people have certain gear.

Learn to read.
No

no what
aries is the best network audio renderer ever made. I’m using it for years and it works absolutely perfect.

>absolutely perfect
heh

Nice best sounding headphones in the galaxy, user. Nice Audio Technicas, too.

stop acting like a woman expecting me to read your mind and know exactly what your argument is. make your argument clear and concise and present it. >learn to read doesn't cut it kiddo

Will you two fucking stop? The older threads clashes at least were about what we thought about the headphones. This has devolved into nothing but the basest name calling flooding the thread as soon as the new one was created. This is /hpg/, not /rap battle general/.

That's a weird way to spell Sennheisers

youtube.com/watch?v=T7c71f_n0kQ

See the parts
Read the post chain redditor.

>Read the post chain redditor.
if you can't even produce an argument you need to go back to plebbit

I was joking. Take your shitty phone posts back there,

non argument phone poster

It is actually a very solid argument.

and yet it seems so difficult for you to produce due to your apparent devoid of any intelligence. especially considering you can only act smug calling people kiddo, redditors, or phone posters without actually saying anything meaningful besides the regurgitations you spew out of your mouth

Not as solid as the constipated poop y'all flinging here.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

what’s wrong with parts?

Not China.

some people are low effort posters that are no better than NPCs and they need to be shamed for it or trained like dogs to behave in an appropiate manner. their arguments boil down to one liners like "go back to plebbit" and they can't seem to piece together a coherent post. telling people to shut the fuck up does nothing, a new general can just be made. quit your whining and actually do something to prevent intellectually dishonest people from sticking around by calling them out on their bullshit

go back to plebbit

Dank frog meme, gen z. You really contributed to /hpg/ and Sup Forums as a whole.

What headphones?

Yes.

>they need to be shamed for it or trained like dogs to behave in an appropiate manner.
Does that actually work? I've been on a forum I won't mention here, small community, where we have done that sort of thing and more, and permanent bans, and the same low effort spammer just came back vpn after vpn. Then we started doing things like limitating new user accounts access to subsections and stuff for 1 year but they'd just create multiple accounts with tame posting at the same time to have an arsenal of backups prepared for the next salvo.

Here's my take: the only thing you can actually do about these people is doing nothing. Stop replying to them and they eventually get bored. Entertain them and they will keep coming.

Let's start with you, scum.

>Does that actually work?
yes, because you have to look at the popular opinion and the culture of the general rather than just outliers that are vocal. look at how already the opinion has shifted from sennheiser shilling and schiit shilling. you are part of your environment and while you can't control it you can sway it heavily to the point where it snowballs in the right direction. there's no reason not to try to help grow the environment that you frequent often. that will only happen if it's actually a good and moral direction though. part of that is due to delivering information, part of it is shaming offenders, part of it is memes. etc. it's not like it's ineffectual. they can keep trying to roll their boulder up the hill as long as they'd like but they realize it's pointless.
more NPC level of thought not worth any time. stay disenfrachised with your opinions that are the vocal minority. if you can't even produce a thought then why do you think stuff like telling me to go to reddit or calling me gen z will even stick?

That's some hardcore left leaning idealism thought garbage right there.

good thing I'm a registered republican

Jesus

go back to plebbit