This album saved my life

This album saved my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

anmlcollectve.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The album is decent, but shut the fuck up.

Flor flor flor flor

what?

Florida floridada floridada

damn now i have even more reason to hate it

Does twenty one pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective

Nah.

kind of same i've been planning on killing myself but i already bought tickets to see ac in november so i have to at least wait until then. so it's keeping me alive for the time being lol if it hadn't come out and if ac hadn't started touring i would have done it already

anyone listened to those live shows they released? natural selection is actually good live, go figure.

your live must have been literal shit lmao

that shit sound like fanboy and chum chum

If something as trivial as a concert can make you reconsider suicide, then you do not truly wish to die

sounds like fanboy and chum chum. the theme song.

oh no i'm definitely still going to kill myself but i'm just waiting until after the show

Are you amazed that you survived?

don't

>keep buying concert tickets
>live forever
user, are you retarded?

anyone have downloads for the recent live albums they put out?

What did you think of these 2 officially released bad boys? anmlcollectve.bandcamp.com/

fonda show is in the archive

forgot pic related

also seconding this

you need t listen to more music, this was pretty weak

Where's the archive?

You have to stop with this

>what is google
It's down right now btw

This album sucks I saw them in February and the old tracks were so much better than what they played off PW so kill yourself now and give your tickets away

That album came out at the beginning of the most depressing point in my life. If anything, it almost encouraged me to kill myself. It felt like the world saying, "There's nothing here for you."

The singer of Twenty One Pilots is the only person in music I've every really felt a desire to punch.

>singer

u wot m8

This one saved mine, I was looking into ending my life but I came across it and man, it just blew me off.

pls stop. you're not gonna make this happen.

i know this feeling. it made me happy for the first time in 5 years.
>let down
>paranoid android
>climbing up the walls
>exit music

Too bad, wish you'd have become an hero.

you have to go back?

it's good OP and good luck out there

This album saved my life.

>Hz 6/10
>PW 4/10
>Most of PB stuff below 5

I think Fantano hates AnCo.

Let Down was my savior, it really made me feel understood, everything in my life was falling apart and man, it just helped me like no one did.

I've never heard of twenty one pilots.

It's slang for person who sings.

Outside of Sleep Cycle (which - what do you know - is the only one not to get a proper release,) Animal Collective haven't done anything of worth since ODDSAC. He gave Painting With an accurate score. I think that his rating of Centipede Hz is one point to high, but hey, it came out in a time when we didn't realize to what degree Animal Collective had fallen, and that extra point was probably provoked by some amount of hope, a hope that even Animal Collective seem to express on Centipede Hz, which is completely absent from Painting With.

idk i enjoyed transverse temporal gyrus

That was recorded at the same time as ODDSAC, which is why it's their best post ODDSAC release. They were wise to wait a couple of years to release it.

>le album stopped me from cutting xD
At this point, you actually should kys.

True

PW is not that bad. Hocus Pocus, Burglars, Golden Gals, Recycling are all good tracks. One of the big changes was not AnCo's philosophy of music, but the open-mindedness of the listeners. They kept doing their thing, i.e. commitment to sound palettes they hadn't heard before, focus on texture, and well written pop melodies, but the people that fell in love with that back when nobody had heard that before in 2009 spent the last 7 years listening to everything they've got, and the method and their sensibilities now lack maybe their biggest selling point, their novelty. Now that we know what to expect they're going to have a hard time surprising anybody. I won't deny that they've been putting out worse music, but context does matter, and it is coloring people perception of the band. They had trite, boring, and over indulgent stuff on both Feels and SJ too, but nobody talks about it because it's in the past and they romanticize it.

user no

I'm so sick of this argument. It's not the change in style that makes it a poor album, it's the result. The album sounds like a complete white flag. They sound completely defeated on this album, like they're accepting that they're no longer capable of what they once were. At least on Centipede Hz, it sounded like they wanted to believe that they were capable of making a great album.

Bud, don't do this.

REEEEEAD THE FUCKING STICKY

>The album didn't feel like it had hope
I mean I didn't really like PW either but this is some hardcore grasping man.

treat depression with buprenorphine ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

they aren't the same band?

but the new Star Wars trilogy isn't over, user.

This album was the first thing that really excited me in a long time.

Rip in peace ;_;7.

Maybe they just wanted to make music for fun. Have you considered that?
Not every single release has to be 'great' or epic.

do real heroin instead you fucking bitch

I agree completely user. Most anco albums are these big epic releases and it seems like they just wanted to do some poppy radio tunes for once. Shame that fans are always so picky, although it probably wasn't a good idea to do something like this directly after CHz

If we're going with OP's idea I'd have to go with TCFSR but TBP is the better album.

Damn...

Everything about your reply is vague and subjective. If anything I think PW sounds like them doing a bit of healing after Avey's postpartum depression in the wake of MPP's success. He wrote some good songs, and while Panda's schtick gets a little old, the album is full of solid songs with good production on another strange and unique palette. You're shortsighted and jaded, coupled with, yea, some less confident output, and so that band you just heard about with this incredibly eclectic backlogue that are doing something strange and novel has become "oh, anco just doing their old thing, trying to relive the glory days (which most people weren't even listening to them during)"

PW is a reaction to them trying really hard on CHz and failing because they forced it. So instead they said "lets just write some songs and get this thing back on track". The album's good, not great, but good, and I think that's a totally fair assessment. Better than CHz, and I see this as forward momentum. Hopefully. Really I think Avey's doing fine, but I fucking hated Grim Reaper, and Panda's influence is honestly the worst part about PW. They should get rid of Panda for the next one and do an Avey/Deakin/Geo album.