You guys remember that period of 2002 - 2007 where movies treated Google like a CIA factbook and were able to find...

You guys remember that period of 2002 - 2007 where movies treated Google like a CIA factbook and were able to find anything out about anyone by googling someones name

I want to make a company that helps movies create realistic hacking scenes. I would do this by setting up a couple small networks, and use legit exploits that have been patched already but on a system that doesn't have the patches. Anyone can feel free to steal this idea....

Audiences dont want to see this. They want a 25 seconds of an attractive "hacker nerd" in a hoodie with intense music, 7 jump cuts and a 360 trolley shot banging furiously on a keyboard. Bonus points for dimly lit room and countdown timer on his monitor.

If it doesn't have bleep bloop sounds nobody except us autists give a fuck, like sound in space, user, like sound in space

What are you talking about, that's exactly what hacking is like.
>t. hacker

That's what I do though

Go watch Mr. Robot. Show involves hacking almost every episode but they do it right. Every command shown is correct, actors were actually typing in the correct things, etc.

>Every command shown is correct
No.
>actors were actually typing in the correct things, etc.
No.
Stop talking about things when you have no idea.

HE FUCKIN HACKED THAT SHIT YO

Source or example? I haven't yet seen any thing incorrect on that show when the screen was on camera.

agreed

disagreed

>First episode
>Dude is bruteforcing Facebook password
>"""""realistic""""

tru you cant bruteforce but its very easy to just guess someone password if they are a normie

Ok

Thats unrealistic. Good thing I didn't call everything realistic did I? I simply said the commands they do show are correct. They got as close to doing hacking right as any tv show can.

Thanks I knew the show was shit

This is fucking retarded. I'm an actual hacker (in that I've claimed bug bounties before) and the movies have it all wrong. First I notice something is wrong, and then I try to find out what's causing this abnormality. This is how you locate flaws in software. Then you attempt to create a program that can replicate the error, and/or defeat certain security mechanisms if the bug can be used for other stuff. When I do this, I usually lay on the floor naked eating cheese puffs typing slowly on my ThinkPad running Fedora with KDE. This process lasts for many hours, and sometimes I fall asleep. But of course, my fat ass drooling into the keyboard of a 10 year old laptop doesn't sell tickets.

lmao you're not an "actual hacker" you're just a fat neckbeard working for free on OS projects

Cringe

Underrated post.
These posters probably think real hacking looks like Tom Cruise typing extremely quickly in Microsoft Word with colors inverted.

>Show involves hacking almost every episode
Not really. It sucks because the hacking scenes are great, but the majority of the show is some crappy Fight Club knockoff.

its literally Dexter+Fight Club+ some serial experiments lain