/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C22015/C22015EN_Specs.htm
my.mixtape.moe/crcvsa.flac
tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/index.htm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518858791059.webm
innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
I should be asleep, but I just wanted to say I like the OP pic. I'd like it more if the actual feet were shown though... such a tease!

>there are people who ACTUALLY believe this sort of shit in this thread RIGHT NOW

Measurement guy probably measured with just turned on yggdrasil, too. That explains the schiit results.

that's it. im done with this schiit

Yeah, he didn't have enough magic rocks either. No kilobuck cables as well.

She's wearing headphones, thus /hpg/.

but where's the feet? like idol trash said

Great idea tossing the schiit. Get some jdslabs/agd/topping/etc instead. Don't toss the hd600 though. They're great.

where can i get measurements of audio-gd products?
i'm thinking on buying the C-2 amp but would like to see how it measures first

Alright guys , Just hooked up my new ODAC & O2. Will i notice a difference between spotify or FLAC files i have? I just wanted to test it. so please forgive the fucked up wires everywhere. Also need a longer USB A cable..

Yes, you should notice an instant increase in audio quality from the anime engraving. Good choice user.

I'm considering the same amp but I haven't seen measurements anywhere. It looks like a fucking monster though.

I'm not him, but they have measurements posted: audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C22015/C22015EN_Specs.htm

Thanks user. I read that if it isn't engraved i lose 40 ounces of fidelity. So it was an obvious choice.

There are very few measurements of Audio-gd products. I think only 2 of them have been reviewed on SBAF.
The amp you're looking at doesn't have measurements available.
I doubt you'll be able to notice the difference between FLAC and Spotify Premium. Enjoy your new setup!

You should notice a difference, especially with the lossless audio. Why do you have something plugged into the analog source on the front? You shouldn't need that. Post better picture of engraving. Also why did you go for stack instead of ODAC+O2?

>power plug front
This one costs only $3 for upgrade, no idea why you would skip it.

Anyone here using Y-splitter? Wonder if it could damage my headphones.

yeah it made my headphones explode

what's a good preamp to use with the emotiva a-100?
i like the idea of 50wpc but would like a bit more control over it

Dont really like the left one.. figured they would of lined it up to the top/bottom but its w/e. sounds great.

Also went for the stack incase the engraving looked ugly to me i had double the chances of it looking good. plus mah stack

>Wonder if it could damage my headphones.

You right user , I fucked that one up. Ill give this one to my brother he needs one and buy a new on with a better engraving aswell.

I'm going to upgrade to that stack from the fx audio dac x6. I hope it's the right choice. The other one is topping d30 and magni 3 but I have to give money to schiit in that case and no one knows anything about the topping a30.
You said it sounds great but have you heard anything else?

Negative. Do not take my advice for shit.

would the ol switcher work for this purpose?

>irisaurus

Is there a problem connecting the headphones to the speaker amplifiers?

only problem is volume control
you can use the HiFiMan - HE-Adapter to turn the speaker outs into 4pin xlr

hahahaha she left

Need endgame tube preamp kit, something under a $1000

bought AT W1000z for $400. Did I make a mistake?

>Did I make a mistake?
Buying audio technica is never a mistake.

Curious how does those bottom ones feel.. they look like a weird design.

how comfy are the r70x?
how do they sound?

The r70x? depends on the size of your head and ears. Their earpads are way smaller than the AD line headphones, people with large ears are going to complain. I have tiny ears and overall these are the most comfortable of the AT to me, mostly because they sit more securely on your head, the headband has just slightly more clamp than an AD, just enough to truly feel like they won't go anywhere even if you look downward, but not enough to feel uncomfortable the way the MSR7 do.

I'm very satisfied with them but I can't universally recommend them because I know there's a lot of people who won't be able to stand their build.

Yeah I'm a fan of their house sound and their customer support is nice, that's part of why I sprung for the W1000z when looking to upgrade. Third pair of ATs phones for me.

More bass and treble than your typical hd6x0, a bit more soundstage, sound quality/level of detail about the same (might notice some details less like annoying guitar pick sounds but that's because of the less prominent midrange).

How come on-ear headphones are not as popular as over-ears?

Because the only way for an on-ear to have decent bass and frequency response stability (not constantly change on slight head movement) is to clamp on your head with a high amount of force, like the HD25.
They also are not as good at isolating outside noises so as portable headphones they require you crank the volume higher and damage your ears more.
As home headphones the comfort is too abysmal to warrant being used for hours on end.
They tend to have tinier and less resolving drivers.

And this thread is filled with people who buy a bit higher end headphones and nobody would spend actual money on an on-ear. Even Audeze doesn't dare to price their own on-ear too high (comparatively to their over-ear lineups), because nobody really wants to invest money on that sort of headphone.

Porta pros are pretty popular.

you don’t believe that electronics need burn-in time? you must be total idiot or you don’t have much experience with audio electronic

electronics aren't a fucking new car you idiot

If anyone wants a M1060C, now's the time to get it - Monoprice has a 20% discount that doesn't exclude it yet, unlike their other Monolith gear.

my.mixtape.moe/crcvsa.flac

I want to but I just bought Aeons and monoprice's track record doesn't exactly impress.

Got them for $180, Thinkgeek of all places had them for a deep discount.

First IEM I've tried in 15 years. I'm not blown away, but my portable source isn't that great, and I do like being able to lie in bed and listen to music.

Maybe I should get that Massdrop EDC3 and return these. Or say fuck it and go vega, jumping to hd800s paid off after all.

$180 for headphones. lol

> wires arent even replaceable
> buds are garbage b/c hygiene
> arent even wireless

Post your EQ preset. If you're not clipping in both software and hardware you're doing it wrong.
>every song sounds like bass boosted ear rape
feels fucking good

>> arent even wireless
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. Most wireless headphones don't have an easily user replaceable battery. The manufacturers like bose don't sell the battery as a standalone and ask for 2/3 of the price of the headphone if you tell them to swap it for you.
And wireless headphones tend to sound a lot worse when used without a battery because they are designed without care for how the driver sounds when the built-in equalization stops working. Wireless headphones when used in wired mode become worse.

Wireless headphones are throw away consumerist garbage that you can't keep for more than couple years. Wired headphones will last you decades.

That appears to be a different amp than previous user linhked, the specs, inputs and outputs don't match.

I liked my m1060, seems like pre-fazor audezes purchasers rolled dice to see if you got poor, decent or good quality phones.

they've got a 30 day free return so worst case I got free shipping on the other shit I bought from them.

I was trolling the guy; but thanks, I learned something.

>> wires arent even replaceable
???

This is bait, right? He's not actually that stupid?

That what previous user linked? That is the C-2 amp he mentioned, along with measurements.

They are really meant to be EQed, with the cipher cable they sound amazing

Shame they don't have an Android version

Headphones are for basement dwelling neckbeards.
Loudspeakers are for true Alphas.

hi canuck
canadians by definition cannot be true alpha, for the entire country is basically the queen's whipping boy

Any nerds that wear glasses? All headphones put pressure on my head which in turn put pressure on my glasses and leave dark marks on my nose. I even bought plastic frames without the rubber feet. Am I fucked to use iem forever? Any good recommended ones?

When I bought glasses I made sure to get a pair with REALLY thin bows. Clamping on-ear headphones are still a pain to wear due the glasses being thick behind the ears. But over-ear headphones like the HD800 works fine.
I'm not from Canada. But I can imagine that they have some big, strong, hairy and sexy lumberjacks.

Explain

Headphones are very boring to listen to. There's no sense of space and physicality to the music.

That's not an explanation, D2Girls.

What do you want me to say? That Hitler was right?

What are some really good small profile amps? Flexible budget so don't tell me o2 I can afford better, but I don't have much desk space. Also how much of a meme is balanced? I can't possibly imagine any noticeable sound difference, the only real reason I can think of for balanced is for long cable runs.

Multiple inputs and pre-outs for powered speakers also required.

> I can afford better
Define "better". People can't even tell between stereo speakers amps in blind tests as long as they're past the quality threshold of providing a linear response.
> tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/index.htm
And headphones speakers don't nearly have to provide as much power as speaker amps do.

>Also how much of a meme is balanced?
100% meme

It's good professionally to avoid loop fuckups, emi interference and long run problems.

headphone balanced is a total meme except for mobile amps, where it does let you get away with higher power to the headphones over single-ended

>It's good professionally to avoid loop fuckups, emi interference and long run problems.
thank god we are talking about headphones on a headphones general then and all this is irrelevant

Sony MDR-7506 ftw. Got mine for $100 5 years ago, had to replace the earpads once for $3, sounds fucking great.

In reality, it's shit.

While that's not wrong, what I'd really like is for you to go back to head fi.

But Hitler seriously was right.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518858791059.webm

Somewhere inbetween.
I can imagine a lot of normies won't be fans of the earrape, but they are objectively pretty accurate and powerful (in both the low end and high end) headphones. So it's a tossup. Good sound, but painful experience.

Why are you quoting me with irrelevant questions?
I know for a fact that there are difference between amplifiers. There's a big difference in sound between niche tube-amplifiers and solid state amplifiers that try to be as true to the signal as possible. But the difference between two "good" solidstate amps can be hard if not impossible to notice. The difference in sound between my current >$5000 dac and the integrated soundcard on my motherboard is smaller than my previous $2500 "niche" dac. There are so many different factors that matters when it comes to sound that it becomes hard to make sense of it all.
Got banned years ago for posting a guy with 2 fishes up his ass. Also, head-fi is cancer.

>shit up headphone forums with speaker shilling
You are the cancer. Go be amongst your own.

Bass response of an open sennheiser.
Treble peak of a beyer yet quickly rolls off past 10khz.
No soundstage.
No removeable cable.
$100 would have been a bargain 20 years ago. Now it's just bottom of the barrel performance for such price range.
>pretty accurate and powerful (in both the low end and high end) headphones
Pic related.

did you really expect people to not be autistically detailed in their response?
where do you think you are

they're shit

>did you really expect people to not be autistically detailed in their response?
maybe autists will become more human-like if we teach them that people don't care about walking encyclopedias and are arguing about specific points in specific contexts.

In the UK, I'm looking for good headphones I can use in the office. Something with really good sound isolation.

Not sure whether active noise cancelling is the way to go or not.

I'd prefer cups around my ears rather than in ear stuff.

The £2-300 of Bose 35s is quite a bit more than I'm comfortable spending I think.

>Not sure whether active noise cancelling is the way to go or not.
doesn't really work on voices. If it's because of your coworkers crazy chatting that you need isolation then don't bother.
Use this :
innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements
Look at the headphones that interest you in your price range on that page, and look at the isolation measurements. They can be trusted.

It's general office noise, but if it doesn't work on voices, well that is not what I'm looking for

You want something that measures like this then. The 380 Pro have excellent passive isolation but sound quality is so-so (well, sennheiser closed..). Dunno if there's something better that isolates as much, you might be able to find something if you look hard enough.

Also if you were willing to consider IEM despite comfort issues of in-ear stuff, IEMs like etymotic isolate better than literally anything else in the market.

Which headphones under $300 have the best soundstage?

bought ath m40x

Already brought, might buy another for outdoor use only.

Yes, gonna use them both at home and outside. They sound great compared to chink 668B

Are mackie mr624 good for casual desktop use?

the problem i got with open headphones is that i dont want my ears to get hot
the problem i got with speakers is that i dont want to bother neighbors
d-do i just get those open in ear audeze isine or whatever to solve both my problems?

I have these and I love them.

Once you EQ them the bass extension is incredible, it even surpasses many of my over ear planar-magnetic headphones.

>in ear
Preparing for ear canal irritation.

I'm not an audiophile, but want a pretty good sound stage. 380 pro will do?

What's in that ballpark?

you can never win can you
jesus
ill just get speakers my neighbors can suck it
i have ath m40x i remember sweating when i watched a movie this summer gets super hot in my room