Why is opera so cringe Sup Forums? How do people enjoy it?

Why is opera so cringe Sup Forums? How do people enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L4TFqVSaoB0
youtube.com/watch?v=qJtH1SmJgqo
youtube.com/watch?v=dx4ZQSkxp5A
youtube.com/watch?v=HWD8d_YL30o
youtube.com/watch?v=uUkbjO8dkDI
youtube.com/watch?v=FSFFR9lSVJc
youtube.com/watch?v=4n042id3FIM&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=EENw_ptgGcg
missymazzoli.bandcamp.com/album/song-from-the-uproar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They don't, its a thing called pretending.

fuck off opera music is best music faggot

people used to be much more bored in the past

MAGMA

Sup Forums is full of idiots
youtube.com/watch?v=L4TFqVSaoB0

lol what a fat retarded faggot

im talking about classical

It's the worst possible way to tell a story. Even worse than video games.

look whos talking, a FAGGOT

not surprising

Why do you newfags post this shit and then get surprised when you are called plebs? God I fucking hate Sup Forums. We need elitism again. Real elitism.

>make Sup Forums great again

:^)

no has even said pleb, faggot. And your elitism doesnt change the fact that opera is shit

one

I highly doubt anyone in this thread is in the "income bracket" to enjoy Opera

Im talking from a listening standpoint not show or event

Only people who sing like opera

But I gues its the show/event aspect of it that ppl enjoy

Its in same level in the "Arts" as "Classical Music" and" Ballet". The admittance fee is high.

just read up about year long waiting lists and tickets going up around $1000

this must be the biggest shitfisting scam ive ever seen.

I always assumed that it was one of those things plebs and rich folk did to seem cultured and have a night out. There are wworse things to attend, they could be at a revival tour for some shitty dadrock band that's members are out of money. As long as the arts are still carried on, I'm fine

Of course, there's also the people that go because of the love for the production and music.

How are you going to the opera enough to hate it? Sitting in the peanut gallery?

opera

Musical theater is the highest form of music.
That such a thing is too difficult to comprehend for certain, intellectually deficient people is understandable, as classical singing and a theater setup itself are not for everyone.

explain to me what im missing here
youtube.com/watch?v=qJtH1SmJgqo

Well, of you're too much of a peasant to appreciate the classical vocal style and don't understand German or Latin, you might as well just shut up about things you can't understand.

You literally have to be a fat neckbeard to sing it.

>Why is opera so cringe Sup Forums?
Because the Jewish media has brainwashed you to hate European art and culture

well it seems neither can you, unless you prove me otherwise

I think i like this part
youtube.com/watch?v=dx4ZQSkxp5A

How do the jews profit from demonizing traditional high culture?
Does cultivating a country of cultureless plebs benefit them in any way?

Sup Forums literally never liked opera you absolute dickhead
lurk more

They make a new """culture""" led by baboons and race traitors that's more marketable to gullible idiots like you

alive

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

oratorio > opera
youtube.com/watch?v=HWD8d_YL30o

Well, it's not all fat viking ladies. Haven't seen a ton, but haven't seen any fat viking ladies in opera.

I feel like it's a hallucinatory way to tell a story. The story forms to the arc of the music itself. So it's stupid and repetitive with some parts, but this seems to just be because music has a lot of repetition. It's really just the perfect integration of story and music; it's not trying to tell a story to music, it makes them one.

youtube.com/watch?v=uUkbjO8dkDI
youtube.com/watch?v=FSFFR9lSVJc

ive heard of wozzeck, ill chek it after my 2hr beauty sleep

Because it's good.
youtube.com/watch?v=4n042id3FIM&index=17

>there are people on Sup Forums who actually bash opera as an artform

God I'm so sick of the little kiddies who swarm this board that think shit like Radiohead is the pinnacle of music. Opera is like the musicals of classical music. If you don't have an appreciation for classical don't even bother trying to understand it.

It was 1860, styles have changed, you have to accept it was extremely entertaining back in the days before film and tv.

I wouldn't expect anyone to appreciate opera unless they first appreciated instrumental classical music. It takes a bit more to digest and you need to know the story and pay attention to what the characters are saying. When you do that, you'll see a glorious fusion of words and music, telling an interesting story.

There is some great opera out there, and while a lot of people struggle with the extreme vibrato of some singers, they're not all like that.

Gluck is a fantastic opera writer:
youtube.com/watch?v=EENw_ptgGcg
Start at about 3:30

missymazzoli.bandcamp.com/album/song-from-the-uproar
I've really enjoyed this particular work, I wouldn't say it's too wanky. Also, Missy Mazzoli is part of a fantastic vocal group called Roomful of Teeth. They're very varied, they almost remind me of an English Geinoh Yamashirogumi.

>Opera is like the musicals of classical music
That's operetta, you retard.

>tfw worked as an assistant for and small opera company
>tfw ppl who went to audition are ppl that spent their whole life dreaming on getting a lead part any opera
>dat dissapointment when they rejected and/or had minimal secondary roles
>dat diva attitude, literally had to push sopranos on stage
>tfw they did it for free

It was a cool experience but depressing af, moved on to working in avant garde dance performances. The're shit but at least they have some fun

you need a little dose of the don