Why is the windows scheduler so much better at staying responsive under high loads...

why is the windows scheduler so much better at staying responsive under high loads? even the meme schedulers can't keep up with windows10

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheduling_(computing)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thats literally false

What is a scheduler?

What's a computer?

Is it a program counter? The instruction register? I don’t know much about operating systems I just stick to the hardware design and machine code.

crontab for faggots.

Okay lad, here is how it's done. Try to focus on one other operating system (well the kernel of that system) for example linux. Yes just linux so save your pasta. Next use internet search engines to determine the algorithm both win10 and the current linux kernel are using for scheduling. Now, and this part is tricky, try to understand where they are different and what this means in real world applications. Now you have successfully used your brain to answer your own question. Congratulations.

OP is a faggot but that's not what scheduler means in this context
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheduling_(computing)

But why Windows NT BSODs if memory usage is super high, but Linux don't?

Kek. Come back when your Windows will be able to handle 600K concurrent connections

The scheduler is just called more often to give millennials the illusion it's more fluid. You're basically falling for a garnished turd.

Because there is one independent instance of the NT scheduler per core/node, whereas AFAIK Linux schedulers have always been global.

I don't think that's true. Do you have any evidence?

I've noticed that when I have a large workload, like compiling a large C++ program, Windows performance absolutely tanks. If I'm playing music it glitches, and occasionally my web browser completely locks up until the compilation is finished. That seems to indicate that Windows' scheduler is really bad. On the other hand, I haven't noticed any problems like that when compiling C++ programs on Linux. If you have some strange workload that works better on Windows, please tell me what it is.

Windows scales the interrupt frequency from 64 Hz to 2000 Hz dynamically. On Linux you compile a fixed number into the kernel.

It's true.

>Has to compare a 25 year old legacy os to lolnix to justify its usefulness
The absolute state of gnu + Linux.

This is how we should handle the baits.

>i have no idea what NT is or does, sorry

well I noticed the opposite. in linux if you hammer the system it can become totally unresponsive and all you can do is wait it through until the load decreases. On Windows 10 audio or video might start stuttering but it will never go in a state where it's totally unresponsive.

I've had that happen on my laptops before
load averages of 50+ and it just straight locked up

Except it just start killing processes when there's no memory available if that's what you mean. And to be fair I never experienced a BSOD since XP.

Processing time isn't endless on Windows either. If you are right, even forkbombs couldn't kill Windows, just slow it down, but you should know why is it complete bs.