Which programming language does Sup Forums prefer and why?

which programming language does Sup Forums prefer and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmddgtfy.net/?q=Forth
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We all agree brainfuck is the only language that isn't controversial in some way.

Bython :DDDD

C is the Big Guy of programming languages. Sure you could pull a program off without C and use a shitty language like java, but it would be extremely painful
UUUU

Java, because I'm learning it while in uni and I don't care if I work a Java enterprise dev job and it is boring; I work so I can have money to do things I like. Work itself doesn't need to be fun.

memes aside, java

I swear. People who suggest Java is a good language must not know about programming. They've learned a language. They don't know how to build systems without the help of arbitrary wrong rules they can follow.
I can't think of a language with a smaller accomplishments/programmer index.

People who suggest java probably learned it as their first language don't sweat it
Don't you like your first lang?
I like sepples pretty irrationally

My favorite language for projects is javascript because it's so widely supported, tho I abhor the libraries
My favorite language in a vacuum is haskell since I was a big fan of category theory and logic in college
My favorite language for $$$ is java

My favorites are:
Forth, for its speed and beauty
Common Lisp, because functional is cool
J, because is like an esoteric language that's useful
Maybe Lua for small things.

Sure. Not sure what I'd consider my first language. Probably C, asm or Basic.
I don't like Basic. Asm is ok for its role but I wouldn't say it's good for general programming. C is a similar story though obviously much more adapt and has a very broad role by comparison.
But I don't feel like I like these for irrational reasons.

Maybe I'm just irrational. How do you feel about c++ rational man

C#
It's just so comfy

Bleah

Forth is a stack machine and we run it on register machines how is that fast? You have to constantly dereference, right?

It's a low floor, high ceiling, language.
Moreover, we have stack on machines, never heard of asm's PUSH and POP? Try to imagine using these all the time lmddgtfy.net/?q=Forth

Good lad.

C# as well. But I really enjoy programming in Ruby, it's comfortable language that revels in all the insanity it allows to create.

I always thought we pushed to the stack in chunks for each subroutine so we weren't calling push/pop all the time

there is no such think as good language
standard C
TypeScript as sanity-preserving javascript, canvas graphics are easier than fiddling with OpenGL/GLFW/SDL/SFML in C++, no linking is comfy
Gawk if it can get the job done
Haskell as a utility language
Go if I just need simple program serving on network

C + Python + R

C++. Fite me, fagets.

"Calling" sorry I mean executing

Nim, my dudes

Complete newbie to programming here, i know like a bit of html and batch.
I would like a simple way of doing a "menu" program thats basically a small window with a few tabs, and you check a bunch of stuff, click "save" and it generates a text file depending on your answers.
How can i do this? is there any way to program such a "text" generator without spending much time in the learning process?

6502 Assembly. Mostly because I'm a hobbyist programmer still playing with childhood 8bit hardware.

Lisp

php & bash

C.

C, but because I get paid to write in it

Try C# fag

You will care about it being boring when you are being asked to work 60 hours a week by an employer who does not care about you, on a project that you do not care about.