Let's talk about this album

yes, it is very good
reminds me of being a kid

no. lets talk about this album

MY BEST FRIENDS A BUTCHER HE HAS 16 KNIVES

Don't even know what to say...Whenever I listen to it, it gives me a weird feeling of aleination and hyper-nostalgia. Reminds me of late nights, walking around. It just has that really isolating feeling, yet it's so beautiful. I almost tear up when the album starts.

It's probably definitely my favorite album.

I love the way every instrument sounds. The simple, proper use of reverb on the guitars. The warm, thick bass. The punchy drums that hold everything together so tightly but still play with frantic intensity.

I love how Paul's vocals either sound like he's sadly crooning to himself or they SOUND LIKE THEY ARE BEING SUNG IN ALL CAPS but never get too strained or screamy. His voice can perfectly match the mood created by the rest of the band.

I love how the songs are structured. They always morph and grow. Every bridge, breakdown, and coda is as important to the song as the verse and the chorus.

There's not one misplaced track on here, it flows one to the other perfectly. It's as well structured as each individual song. Untitled is easily one of the best openers in rock music, and this album is easily one of the best rock albums.

This album is perfect

>lots of reverb to add atmosphere
>abstract yet personal lyrics about insecurity and modern relationships
>dueling guitars complimenting eachother
>bass player who knows what the fuck he's doing

Leif Erikson is the best song

What's everyones favorite track?

Gonna go with The New, fantastic basslines all the way through and some of the best use of atmosphere on the album, outro is easily one of my favorite moments. Lief Erikson is a close second though.

Awful, like most post-punk revival.

Hands Away is beautiful. The woman in the song realizing her infidelity is known is spine-tingling

HE CARRIES THEM ALL OVER THE TOWN AT LEAST HE TRIES

Definitely my all time favorite album, I haven't yet been able to find a flaw in something like 150 listens from beginning to end.

Are you me?

No, I think he's me

Damn that's tough. I want to say The New too, honestly. Hearing that outro on full blast for the first time in my car at night is one of the best musical memories I have.

NYC has a special place in my heart too. Beautiful in a totally different way

Leif Erikson
it just hit me deep down

Damn...

Obstacle 1. I was in Dallas, TX for my cousin's wedding and I called a girl that I used to like. We were talking about Batman V Superman and how we both thought it was going to suck. That song reminds me of a moment in time where everything was fine.

>puts ice cubes in mouth
Stella was a diver and she was always down

> I haven't yet been able to find a flaw

But the first line in your post is a flaw, anonymous

Yeah it's pretty good guys but I listened to it in my early-20s so I guess it didn't hit me as hard as some of you

>be 13 or 14
>hangin out w/ some kids after school
>3 of us smoke 2 or 3 bowls of alley-weed mixed with some toxic shit that noone knew (or cared) what it was
>we go to one girl's house
>sit on the couch, start trippin balls
>my blood goes crazy, keep feeling like I was fallin very very fast and crashing hard over and over again
>heart rate increasingly fast
>get scared, think I was gonna die
>after a while I accept I was actually going to die
>stand up and leave because I wasn't that friends with the girl whose house I was in so dying there would've been rude
>decide to try to get home so I could die in my bed
>pull out mp3 player, walk sad, heartrate fast af
>skip all the songs because none sounded like something I'd like dying to
>after like 1 block, just as I press skip I feel something go through my entire body and everything goes white
>I was dead, I had fucking died
>NYC starts playing
>while the 1st guitar plays I feel sad cause, u know, I died
>2nd guitar starts, it's fucking heavenly, not sad anymore
>look around
>all the colors were so bright and hazy, most beautiful thing I'd ever seen
>either I was in heaven or I was in like the transition between the physical world and heaven, don't remember which one it was
>and NYC was the music angels greet you with (literally)
>didn't care for the song prior to that but right then it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard
>keep walking home (idk why it still existed in heaven) with NYC on repeat, calm, happy af
>everything still bright and hazy
>get home, throw myself on my heavenly bed
>close my eyes
>angels keep playing
>ITS UP TO ME NOW TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS
>NEW YORK CAARES
>GOT TO GET SOME MORE CHANGE IN MY LIFE
>fall asleep w/ a big smile on. now that I was dead I had nothing to worry about anymore, only happiness from then on
>wake up at 3 am w/ a terrible headache, alive again
Best 20 mins of my life. I feel bad when I remember this because I will never feel that happy again.

Nice song,

Smoking fiber glass sounds amazing

I love this album so much I can't dare listen to their other stuff.

It's like the Killers if the Killers were actually good.

does anyone else here realize that you have to listen to the other interpol albums to get the full context of turn on the bright lights? or is this forum all full of plebs or do they just listen to the riffs without any mind to the lyrics and meanings of the songs. it really is deep maybe 2 deep 4 u

this

When I first came to Sup Forums I must have been about 14. I opened the essential chart and randomly picked this album out and I remember the cover looked like an oven for some reason, idk. It ended up being my favorite album. Here I am, 4 years later, 18 and about to graduate high school. Most of the songs now I'm afraid to even listen to because I'd get really emotional. They all remind me of this girl I loved when I was younger. Those were simpler times...

Same man. I got into them through Our Love to Admire and I don't see the appeal for bright lights.
Feels like I'm missing out on something.

Feels bad man