Honestly, what does Sup Forums think of Nirvana...

Honestly, what does Sup Forums think of Nirvana? I really liked them from like 7th to 9th grade but can't really listen to any of their stuff anymore

I personally enjoy their music very much; Kurt's lyrics are potent and sincere and Dave Grohl is a great drummer.Yes, they were a very popular act, but they were vital to the surge of alternative bands that grew in popularity during the 90s. I am currently a senir (incoming college freshmen) and they still hold a very special place in my heart.

op here. were like the same age, I've probably got a year or two on you, honestly, some of the lyrics kind of make me cringe looking back at them though

Greatest rockband ever. Which is a bit unfair cause they weren't all that *talented*, but what are you gonna do.

Great band. Still, not as great as the Melvins.

IS THERE

Every artist has their fair share of awkward or poorly written lyrics, and sometimes those lyrics are meant to evoke such sentiments. Simply look at all the awkward lyrics on Pinkerton! Many people dismiss them as merely being weak lyrics, but many of those "poorly written lyrics" elicit a sense of Rivers being an awkward, nerdy, outsider. Regardless of all that, opinions are opinions none the less. Plus, you and I both know that Sup Forums is not the serious music discussion board everyone thinks it is (sarcasm).

>defending awkward phrasing with awkward phrasing
The form/content dichotomy is dissolving before my very eyes.

don't care for them

honestly, I think they hit a certain chord that kind of 'broke the camel's back' on several levels at once - accelerating culture and politics in considerably more hypocritical and lame directions that only destroyed everything they believed in for good while trashing several other planes as well. I think it's partly a 'building your house on sand' problem - the very foundations of their ethos were flawed and a fraud.

also, the whole Kurt legacy and myth is probably dorkier and more played out than any other oversaturated 'rock poster icon' I can think of

Pixies are better

ANOTHER

massive cultural impact. Kurt made mental illness cool again. the 10s are like the 90s pt.II

I don't get what's up with all these kids wearing Nirvana shirts they got at mall stores

Loved them through my teens. Don't listen to them much any more but on the off day I do I enjoy them. And I think that if I were to hear them at my age now for the first time i'd like them.

REASON

I still like 'em. I still listen to 'em on occasion.

It's cool to like Nirvana. Teenage rebellion or some shit.

if those pussy-ass teens really wanted to rebel they'd wear ISIS gear

I'd cop that hoodie desu

ignore the Rolling Stone magazine canonization and they're just another pop rock band, difference is the singer is dead

not bad but very dull

that is exactly how i feel about them too op

this t b h