RADIOHEAD IS FINISHED

RADIOHEAD IS FINISHED

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/radiohead-moon-shaped-pool
tinymixtapes.com/music-review/radiohead-rainbows
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/radiohead-moon-shaped-pool

That's not a bad score??? All you guys are autistic, lol.

>styles: music, band

THEYRE FUCKING DONE

kek I didn't notice that before.

someone i know released a really shitty techno cassette and TMT gave it 4 stars

le 8/10 or less is bad meme

if it's not skeletal post-grime preaching queer theory sampling kanye acapellas, it's not getting a eureka from tmt

what is it? link?

More like Radiodead

three and a half dots out of five translates to a 7/10. same as my score. not their most musically adventurous album but still better than good. won't change anybody's mind about anything. won't become a new classic but as far as 9th albums go, it's far more interesting than it has any right to be. radiohead remain as inscrutable as ever .

no i don't want to read your undergrad philosophy thesis op

t. someone from Sup Forums who just learned about tmt last week

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/radiohead-rainbows

ok

Literally everything Radiohead has done after Kid A has been called disappointing and shit.

For some people, even as early as OK Computer Radiohead was becoming shit.

Say what you will. I think the internet has had a bad effect on music listening. Everyone wants to be right about things and opinions have replaced listening and enjoying. Something has gone very wrong, and it's interesting to see how this has effected reception of Radiohead's "albums"

It's really kind of depressing. I think both TKOL and AMSP are good, possibly great.

t. chief editor of tmt and dicks :')

They're both incredible imo. I think music reviewing is pretty pretentious though.

What I don't understand is the internets obsession with music review websites. Why can't you make up your own mind?

it's less about that a more about continually piecing together an overall and evolving character profile of said music site and it's traits, bias and agendas

No one at all should care what a website thinks. At the end of the day, if you like it, you like it. That's all that matters.

yeah that's kinda besides the point of what I was saying

but anyway you're about to have a bad time on this board, just check the catalog right now

Yeah I know it's pathetic

"white male misogynist angst with poorly appropriated hip hop elements" is a genuine quote from TMT btw

>Everyone wants to be right about things and opinions have replaced listening and enjoying.

It's always been this way, Mr. Wrong Generation.

why is murakami there?

objectively incorrect

>Caring about what literal nobodies think about radiohead

WHEN I SEE YOU MESSING ME AROUND
I DON'T WANT TO KNOW

Ah, music band, my favourite genre of music.

BROKEN HEARTS MAKE IT RAIN

>Haruki Murakami
What

holy fuck this article is even more bloated and pretentious than something from p4k

>A Moon Shaped Pool is the maturing of attempts at transcendent, quasi-subversive myth-building. Such maturation allows Radiohead to dissolve their regime of symbols and pressurized cultural force. Their music can now be pure literary evocation.Perhaps that energy — that urgency — once informed some of the music continuum’s great figures — their OK-ing of new modes of expression, of event-oriented changes in sound, of cultural momentum and “definitive” gestures of emotion. These tactics all gave way to the massification of indie themes and alternative structures.

>It is perhaps a wider opportunity for the music to grow due to there being an audible release of sign and substance as a ghostly after-image of the band’s event-based trauma. Bookish and serene in its presentation, the album recalls lazy afternoons — perhaps a nod toward needed cultural relaxation stored eternally from attempts at catharsis. The attempts at transcendence in Radiohead’s past make this album full with potential for retroactive catharsis due to its normality and lack, a sort of vernacular normcore presentation that delivers strands of Radiohead’s past in a utilitarian and casual manner. A totem of difference, perhaps such a serene application of myth can remind music culture of the damage done through years of forced cultural climaxing, the spectacular assaults that have yielded flawed power dynamics embedded in our consumption of music. Perhaps we can see the skin shed and turn our gaze to the cataclysmic, reverberating pit of 10,000 musics crawling with life, listening not with ears tuned for transcendence, but for a productive shift toward both music’s impossibility and the plateauing of a new form into unknown, incomplete, wrong waters.

>These monuments are great. The monuments are impressive. But these monuments are also stoic against the swarms of micro-flows that pivot angrily and capriciously around our wholly transitional present

you're right, but the truth is this only happens on the internet. especially here on Sup Forums

the key is to stop reading so many music reviews, stop obsessing over fantano and pitchfork, and definitely spend less time on Sup Forums (or the internet in general)

get out out more, go to shows, enjoy live music, spend way longer than you should in record stores, learn an instrument, do whatever you can to actually enjoy the music

holy fucking shit please tell me you aren't actually quoting that from somewhere

please tell me this is some sort of copy pasta

I read this entire thing.

I honestly could not see anything related to the music

i would say fantano is the only music reviewer worth listening to, since his reviews actually comment on the music, unlike whats in this tinymixtapes bullshit

Is it me or is TMT going down really fucking fast?
They're starting to praise artists for their political affiliation/messages more than for the music itself, kind of like P4K.

Yeah I kinda used to enjoy reading their reviews but now they're trying to make their reviews as post-modern and artful as the music they like. And what they like is music that's challenging to absorb and highly experimental. They're not reviews anymore, they're art pieces.

they're trying stupidly hard

similar tone

I'm a patient man but I couldn't read more than a few sentences of this drivel before fast-forwarding a little to see if anything interesting was actually being said. What's more telling is that I didn't do this with P4K's review. I think they might have just been out-pretensioned on this one.

aye

It's not an awful score, but I've never liked music reviews because there's too much that affects the enjoyment of the album, for better or worse.

For example, would someone who listens to just k-pop rate this album as higher or lower than someone who listens to rock? What about someone who's never listened to Radiohead before? Would someone listening to it in isolation have a better experience than someone listening to it while they're working out on a treadmill, and wouldn't that affect the score? I can say that when this album leaked, it was really hot here and that definitely affected my typical listening environment.

Point out these issues and music reviewers get very precious and say they know what they're doing. I'm not so sure.

This cannot stand. Call up DiCrescenzo and fire up the time machine.

Not him but it is taken straight from the TMT review.