rateyourmusic.com/~nothingandnowhere
rateyourmusic.com/~Synusoid
rateyourmusic.com/list/exdeath/hyper_chiptune_top_101_x_turbo/
rateyourmusic.com/~Burninate
rateyourmusic.com/~KingChile96
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/gfoty/vipoty/
rateyourmusic.com/~floatings
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is it with those users that try so hard to pretend that they don't come here?

>ITT: things that never happened

post the review

Unfortunately it did happen, logged in and all of my reviews were taken down

Was thecrystalbird perma banned? Please tell me he was.

I get a 404 when I try to look at his profile, so I assume so

there's no way you would get unpublished just for that
did you ask the mods why?

oh, it was probably your "my pee-pee is a grower" comment in the chatbox

I sent a 'suggestions/feedback' form asking why it happened, but I don't expect them to reply

Would they seriously unpublish all of my reviews over that? What's the point of the shoutbox, if not to make lame jokes

you violated two fundamental rules

1. only make lame jokes in shoutboxes of albums that aren't extremely popular
2. never make jokes referring to your cishet genitalia

Who is the biggest cunt in rym's social justice Gestapo and why is it highonbatwings?

i'm a trans women

when did it become the thing to fake rate random VA comps?

like what?

then you should complain to the mods for their transphobia
the hardening of your female penis is clearly a profound personal statement that serves to express your emotional reaction to the album

your review was the only one that was good.
fucking mods ay

wtf, that should not be unpublished

rateyourmusic.com/~schtraw

As much as I love the album, that's bullshit. Do you know which mod it was?

mrmungbean, probably

rateyourmusic.com/~nothingandnowhere

He picked up from where TCB left off, that should be enough of a reason IMO.

Why do people like these guys? At least tcb is banned, thank Christ...

all banned users are shit

@ that cardiacs user

yeah i rated a little man and a house and the whole world window highly

sexy ramona

and how

they always have just as many detractors as they do supporters though

>some mod doesn't like it
>unpublishes all of my reviews
is this normal on RYM?
why the fuck is this even a thing? why do users tolerate that kind of power tripping?
jesus christ

Yes but why do they have any supporters to begin with? These guys are the leftist equivalent of Sup Forums

rateyourmusic.com/~Synusoid

almost done with Kompakt

rateyourmusic.com/list/exdeath/hyper_chiptune_top_101_x_turbo/
Is there a list like this one but with other sub-genres?

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I don't know which specific mod it was who neutered my account, but a different mod is telling me that too many of my reviews are 'one line' or 'jokey', so I need to fix those before I can get my privileges restored

Tons of users also post one-line reviews of singles, though, so I'm pretty sure they're being particularly harsh with me because someone doesn't like my AMSP review

Overall lesson to be gained from this, folks - don't post dissenting opinions unless all of your other reviews are multiple paragraphs and very serious in content, or you will get fucked by the mod team (and I'm even a subscriber, they apparently don't care that I give their site money for no real reason)

is this the worst review written in 2016?

I will do a dark ambient one but I need to things first

1-rate more than 100 dark ambient albums (I have currently 70+ albums rated)
2-Find a way to discover user that rated alot of dark ambient albums

rateyourmusic.com/~Burninate

i got a warning for arguing in the AMSP comment box with some sperg who was saying that he knows more about music because he's older than everyone else

the site is a leftist paradise and i want off the ride

I'd say so; anyone who thinks their personal lives are valid in a review are selfish whiney pricks.

just the zeitgeist, really.Also it's not like RYM's the only place where that school of thought is currently in vogue

>10 paragraphs of narcissistic back story about their lives which is completely irrelevant to the album
>1 paragraph about the actual music

Why do people do this.

I know more than you because you're a posing teenager, not just because I'm older.

I also got warned though.

I hate them so much, blame telephone_junkie

i knew you'd be a regular here

calling me a poser because i rated Lanquidity 5/5, whatever happened to actually enjoying music shitlord

>whatever happened to actually enjoying music shitlord
See that's what I'm asking you: I enjoy classical music and therefore I have quite a few favorite records.

You don't seem to care about Jazz but have Sun Ra in your 5's. Why?!?!

More like blame spiritof77/skyline, but that nigga dead.

ozzystylez did it first.

just hooked up with the girl I've had a crush on for two years. feels gud manne.

rateyourmusic.com/~KingChile96

no. second review down:
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/gfoty/vipoty/

I get that your own personal life and emotions can alter how you view an album, but this review does everything you shouldn't do when reviewing an album. Yes, albums do speak to people on personal emotional levels, but you need to explain how the album achieves this, not how you achieved it. I swear this guy saw the Pitchfork Kid A review and thought that they were too subtle.

>As I took my first drags of a cig, my soul bathed in the reflective mood
this entire story is fake/your wife dumped your ass because you write and act like a high school kid that just read Catcher in the Rye

What the fuck is that

i KNEW you'd be one of those classical elitists, but i'm just going to dismiss this assumption in order to reply to you

i am interested in jazz, but i'm not a huge fan of it, but there are a lot of albums which i've listened to before i had RYM and i havn't had the time (or want) to go back and rate them, and i don't think it's fair to rate them based on what i thought about them half a decade ago

i like a lot of jazz inspired music, such as squarepusher, used to listen to a lot of improvisational jazz-rock and prog like gong or zappa and the only modern stuff i really listen to is dark jazz (which i don't consider true jazz because it's got such a lack of improvisation at times)

but all of this is besides the point. I think Lanquidity is an album which i wouldn't change a single thing about, and that's what i constitute as being a 5/5 on RYM

also you really should resort to something other than is there's somebody who you don't agree with just having a short browse through their 5 star albums and going HURRRRR THIS GUY RATED THIS 5 STARS SEE WHAT I MEAN????? because it's meaningless and just a sign of a pretentious asshat

you're more than welcome to enjoy your classical violin concertos and other classical stuff but don't think that you "are better suited to review" an album because you have either listened to more music or have been trained classically.

nobody's opinion is worth more or less than others

this makes sense, but you should listen to some of that 1955-1965 good shit.

only 50s stuff i've gone through is mingus, herbie, davis and brubeck stuff but the times when i want to listen to classic jazz are few and far between, i've been exploring the niches of dub and experimental techno for the past 2 years and i don't know how long i'll continue trying to find every corner of these niches or how long before i want to move onto another genre or two as a majority of what i listen to

1. Do you know what pretentious means? Pretentious means lacking knowledge on a subject, but acting as if you do have that knowledge. You, and people similar, are being pretentious by claiming you appreciate and understand Jazz when in fact it's just to look better on a social website. For me, classical music is a strong passion - it's my damn job after all! - and not pretension.
2. No, not everyone's opinion is equal. Some people don't know music theory. Some people can't play an instrument. MANY people don't know music history past 1900. That last point is especially important because to have an idea for what music is "new" and virtuous you MUST know what came before: part of the reason I enjoyed TAW unlike other people is that I can see the influence of Perotin and Monteverdi in the music.

If you just removed that Sun Ra rating I really wouldn't care but now I realize you're just as bad as Montie.

ITT: people defending their "unique" tastes

>No, not everyone's opinion is equal

this is said by the kind of people that believe opinions are a competition. which is to say, pretentious failures of human beings.

stop shitposting, boldfedora

No, it's said by people who love a subject and actually study it.

i'm not claiming i know huge amounts of jazz but you don't have to be an expert in a field in order to enjoy something! music isn't my job and you shouldn't expect everybody to enjoy music on exactly the same terms that you do - if it's your job you should know this

everybody's opinion IS equal
it doesn't matter whether you know music theory or not, people are going to enjoy music on different levels. sure it's true it might be advantageous to know about complex scales and how they resolve themselves throughout a track or the algorithms involved in a complex generative musical piece but that DOES NOT change the amount of enjoyment that somebody gets from music, just the understanding

the defitinition of pretentious is: "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed" and right now you're being the most pretentious person here by saying that peoples knowledge of music is more important than the music itself

>the reason I enjoyed TAW unlike other people
you're really suggesting that you enjoy things in a different way to other people

holy shit, special snowflake better grease up your fedora because you're tipping at an extremely intense speed

this nigga. yeeeeaa buddayyy

so to you loving a subject is all about getting to feel superior to others? doesn't that seem contradictory to you at all?

opinions aren't things you give value and weight to for comparative purposes. the only people who believe that are people who derive social status from their opinions, which is to say, pretentious posers.

rateyourmusic.com/~floatings

i should really take a shower cuz i haven't in about 5 or 6 days but i'm too busy listening to synth pop

fuck

You say all of this but I distinctly remember that the first time I appreciated serial music was when the row stuctures were explained inside of a Schoenberg score. Sometimes yes that knowledge does fundamentally change your gut reaction of music.

What do you think of Montie?

Is science about feeling superior to others. Of course not: but when somebody starts trying to contest your research you're going to fight back.

no one is "contesting your research" though, you're just being tremendously insecure and somehow taking anyone disagreeing with you as a personal attack. very immature thing to do.

and just a little tidbit from an adult: in the world of science, when someone contests your research you don't "fight back," you respectfully argue your point. you'll understand when you're older

knowledge such as this changes what you look for in the music, i don't know what the row structures are (and frankly, i don't care) but i imagine if i knew what they were i would appreciate how they were used, this would make me respect the artist and the piece more but would i enjoy it more or less? no way, i would just respect it more. it's like speaking the english language - do you enjoy speaking a word more because you understand where it comes from? you have KNOWLEDGE of something but it doesn't change your enjoyment

knowledge =/= enjoyment of something
knowledge is just knowedge

does somebody who has no knowledge of playing guitar like the sounds a guitar makes less than the one who plays it?
the answer is NO
they might not know what song the person is playing or what the chord progression is but that doesn't impact their enjoyment of the music - they will enjoy it all the same

i don't know who montie is because i'm not a poser who cares about "rym personalities" or my "internet credibility"

why are you taking my criticism of music as a personal attack? how insecure are you?

how about this
i don't know any classical theory
i don't plan to learn classical theory
and yet i've given lanquidity a 5/5
so despite all of this I ENJOY IT MORE THAN YOU

Don't tell me I'll understand when I'm older when I've been through more heartbreak from girls than you, you posing cunt.

>calling someone pretentious isn't a personal attack
You're clearly biased in this argument towards the lack of knowledge side.

le I was shitposting all along tactic huh? nice one boldfaure

>Don't tell me I'll understand when I'm older when I've been through more heartbreak from girls than you, you posing cunt
awwwww did somebody get their ickle feelings hurt when the perfect girl didn't appreciate microtones?

god this is terrible. He doesn't even talk about the music, just the lyrics

My point is that you don't understand my knowledge, you don't understand me, nobody on this board understands me. YOU'LL understand when you're older, bitch.

>My point is that you don't understand my knowledge, you don't understand me, nobody on this board understands me. YOU'LL understand when you're older, bitch.

>but i imagine if i knew what they were i would appreciate how they were used, this would make me respect the artist and the piece more but would i enjoy it more or less? no way
Well I literally just told you "yes way" so tough luck faggot.
>does somebody who has no knowledge of playing guitar like the sounds a guitar makes less than the one who plays it?
the answer is NO
they might not know what song the person is playing or what the chord progression is but that doesn't impact their enjoyment of the music - they will enjoy it all the same
This is objectively wrong, an actual guitar player would appreciate many aspects of a song more than a casual listener.

What
Do
You
Think
Of
Montie?

showing your true colors eh

All of TheCunningStunt reviews are worse

This is a reminder not to be gullible teenagers and ignore obvious impostors.

LELELELELELELE LE FUCKIJNG EOS EPDIC FEDORA MEMEME

lelelellellelele

LE

SO

FUCKIMG

EPIC

SUFKC

FUCK

FUCK

EPUC

SHIT

FUCK YOU

>nobody's opinion is worth more or less than others
not true at all

maybe the fact that it's not as obvious as it might seem to you could be a hint as to your own behavior?

>he thinks opinions are things to be compared and quantified at all

t. insecure teenager

My god boldfaure is such a jerk
Can we stop this now?

>This is objectively wrong, an actual guitar player would appreciate many aspects of a song more than a casual listener.

it's actually scientifically right, as knowledge of a subject has no influence on the levels of stimulation of the pleasure centres in the brain

OPINIONS ARE OBJECTIVE
it doesn't matter whether somebody has an iq of 50 or is the smartest person in the world
OPINIONS ARE NOT FACT
you cannot make opinions less valid by criticizing them in terms of science or training because they are AN EXPRESSION OF FEELINGS

i've already said, i don't know who montie is because i'm not a poser who cares about "rym personalities" or my "internet credibility"

I'm not even being a jerk: I'm calmly saying that you shouldn't pretend to like genres for RYM points.
Ya'll are just projecting anger and irritation on me.

nah

No, you don't know who Montie is because you're a newfag.
This is a waste of both our time.

>you shouldn't pretend to like genres for RYM points

you can't randomly throw around that accusation, and THEN turn around and tell people to stop projecting lol

Do you know what projection is?

I do. And by accusing people of pretending to like things for social status, while simultaneously pretending to like things more than others for social status, that's exactly what you're doing. Let's face it, not everyone's insecure and needy like you.

>i've got nothing else to say because i've been proven wrong
>call him a newfag!

>while simultaneously pretending to like things more than others for social status
(not true btw)
[citation needed]
et cetera

>Even Pitchfork hate it

why do you people even talk about radiohead? anyone can tell they're awful pretentious pseudo-artists

the same citations you never provide when you make the same accusations?

(You)

I've repeatedly said Burninate's 5* of Sun Ra with no other Jazz is my source.

I think you mean faux avant-garde

circumstantial at best, especially considering Burninate himself has already provided plenty of valid reasoning to refute your flimsy accusation

so you're saying i'm "not allowed" to give a jazz album 5* because i don't give any other jazz albums 5*?

i do what i want dude and i rate stuff how i want, you're the poser here thinking i should conform to your imaginary rules and opinions