pass

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_IOS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>CCENT class
>"Today we'll be learning about iOS"
>call the teacher macfag and leave

Did I do good Sup Forums?

Yup, that was a career-crippling move right there.
Welcome to the unemployed (and unemployable).

And I like it this way. After the first year the 2 classes shrunk back to a comfy class of 7 competent enthusiastic people including me.

>APSTNDP
what did OP mean by this

all
trannies
imagine
new assholes

nice, my teacher gave me a lamer mnemonic
this one is good

I'm not OP but you clearly slept through networking
It's a mnemonic for the OSI model

A Pussy So Tight No Dick Penetrates is much better.
Thanks /sci/.

its great. my class went from almost full to just 4 of us.

all people seem to need data processing
t. slept through networking

All puritans shoot the niggers down south.

>learn all this useless shit
>actual in real life networking is far easier as most of it autonegotiates

>Please
>Do
>Not
>Touch
>Steve's
>Pet
>Alligator

>Australia
>Post
>Sucks
>They
>Never
>Deliver
>Post

Why bother memorizing all seven layers? Only 1-4 are relevant anymore.

lul

that's what AT IN is for.

All people seem to need data processing

what does iOS or Macintosh have anything to do with cisco ?

Cisco routers use an operating system called IOS. It shares the same name as apple's, but shares nothing else in common.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_IOS

what class ?

mfw

holy fuck I don't think it's gay to want to get sucked by those lips.

Please
Do
Not
Throw
Salame
Pizza
Away

IOS is a pain to work with desu but it just wurqs

Your mnemonic is backwards by my reckoning. I guess if you're literally building a stack of the words then it works, but we always started at the lowest layer.

Are the presentation and session layers just historic cruft at this point? Why don't they just simplify it and wrap everything above transport into application?

Client/server design is changing too fast for session/presentation to remain distinctly separate entities.

>Only 1-4 are relevant anymore.

The amount of classrooms filled by students. About 50 students went away to do sysadmin because they couldn't stand networking.

>Please
>Do
>Not
>Teach
>Students
>Pointless
>Acronyms

>historic cruft
describes most of the IP

im going into uni soon and wanted to know what makes networking so undesirable ? Jeff from CBTnuggets doesnt seem like he wants kill himself so what gives ? Plus whats the difference between sysadmin and networkadmin anyways ? Are you just monitoring shit all day or installing hardware

Network management more the building and maintaining the network part and make sure everything on the network has the access it needs while trying to maintain a very secure network. Sysadmin work is more about maintaining servers to make sure they're patched, work as intended, monitor how they're doing.

However the sysadmin course at our school is shit and more like preparing yourself for techsupport. There are better sysadmin courses which are more difficult and actually are good. The people who fled just wanted to do easy mode.

Why a lot of people dislike networking is because it's a lot of stuff to learn and it's not shiny unlike ruby, scala or other meme languages. People seem to want to learn easy ways to create shiny new things like stupid webapps. Sysadmin work sometimes looks more attractive to some people because there's a lot of quick and easy ways to set up shitty services.

Personally I want to become both a networking expert and sysadmin at the same time though. I really like both.

Nice, im currently studying for my CCNA and gonna attend Uni for a year or go all the way and do 4-5 years for my meme paper.
What do you mean by too much content ? It doesnt seem too overwhelming unless you are reffering to memorizing all the port numbers
and their respective meaning- thats seem like a bit of a chore but whatever

It is to the people that want to make shiny things. A good network is great but to those people it's not as shiny as that slick interface they make for their app that only uses 3 times the necessary resources.

However if you're serious and motivated CCNA isn't a problem indeed.

motivation is a bold word, im interested getting into the tech field and i cant into programming, which is weird because i practicly taught people in highschool how to script in html and write a bit of C and they are doing CS in uni.
But hopefully CCNA will get me a job and some resources to do more shit in the future hopefully designing hardware/software that makes human life easier and brings us closer to the 2049 dystopia as fast as possible

>PRIVILEDGED EXEC MODE
triggered

I dislike networking. I really do.

>networking prof in uni had us build a tcp-lite stream protocol over udp datagrams
It was fun, but really hard

This is a great thread, but you've missed out the GOAT:

Data-Segments-Packets-Frames-Bits => Don't Smoke Pot For Breakfast

All
People
Should
Try
New
Diet
Coke