Have you thanked them yet for saving Europe from being overrun by roaches 327 years ago?

Have you thanked them yet for saving Europe from being overrun by roaches 327 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rocroi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_alliance
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

#sorry4vienna

Should've let the Turks take it in 1500 already.

Have you thanked us for stopping them assaulting Europe from the Mediterranean?

The reconquista is for another day of appreciation

I'm not talking about the reconquista.

Right, it's the battle of Lepanto isn't it? Thank you then.

More or less. Lepanto is the most known battle, but Spain fought the turks pretty much all over the M. sea to push them back, including assaulting their possessions in north africa and defending other christian countries (see the Siege of Malta).

I saw an image recently about the hussars with one of them black, female, with violet hair. What was that? It was in anime/cartoon form.

Vienna was a mistake

...and waste of resources

We're too busy thanking you for being our giant retirement home

It was a creation of a muh heritage american.

Soon the truth will be releaved: hussars were black ans both Jagiellon and Piast dynasties that ruled Poland and PLC were ethiopian negroes who came there 342523 bc.

Post it if (you) can
I am in a mood to rage

yeah because that turned out great for poles
did you know that ottoman empire was one of the two states that rejected the partition of poland?

It's ok. Stay in the concentration guiri camps, thanks.

#PrayforVienna

honourable enemy is honourable
#viennawasamistake

they didn't save europe
it's a non sense to pretend that had the turks taken vienna, they'd have steamrolled,the rest of europe all the way to spain.

Vienna was one of the bigger centers of Catholicism back then you know. - Taking Vienna equals conquering Catholicism.

>Taking Vienna equals conquering Catholicism

not really

Um no.

Yes it does. Especially in that time.

France made deals with Ottomans, it didn't matter. Spain was far away. Austria still was center of HRE and Catholicism.

Ah yes the true center of catholicism is the phillipines

The majority of troops were Germans tho.

Thank you based Germany and Poland for stopping the roaches.

>Yes it does. Especially in that time.
No. Taking Vienna which was the capital of the hre's emperor is significant indeed but it has nothing to do with catholicism.

If you want to get thecnical the center of catholicism is and was at what at the time was called the Papal states; Rome

I agree it would have been a huge blow to Christendom

>The majority of troops were Germans tho.
Main commander was Polish King and his hetmans.
German Army stopped just to see the Polish charge.
It was Polish charge that broke down the Turks.
It was Poles fucking up the camp.

:^) It was obviously a group effort, but seeing as some Germans claim they could've won it without us easily is blood boiling.

What is the Papacy.

98% motherfucker.

>If you want to get thecnical the center of catholicism is and was at what at the time was called the Papal states; Rome
Papal state wouldn't fend off the Turks without bigger catholic states like: Austria with HRE and PLC.

Half of HRE being Protestant didn't help either. Only Austrian monarchy kept them in check.

It was since it was glorious spanish clay.

Never forget matamoros and lepanto, many a butthurt moro will come to his end at the end of a spanish blade but only if you reply with "SANTIAGO Y CIERRA" to this post.

There was always the Swiss and the Venetians, if things really got that bad the Pope could always flee to France or Spain via Ostia. Again, I'm in no way trying to diminish the importance of Austria to Christendom, it really was Europe's bulwark so to speak.

Germs can't fight for shit without cheating and using low tactics (IE attacking non-combatants) or superior fighters carrying their germanic ass (see rocroi).

I know fellow Catholic, I know.
Venetians were too busy jewing everyone., they would probably only go to war if someone harmed their trade.

Swiss? Not sure about that one.

>Germs can't fight for shit

True, and they are cowards.

>The German and Walloon tercios fled from the battlefield, while the Spanish remained on the field with their commander, repulsing four cavalry charges by the French and never breaking formation, despite repeated heavy artillery bombardment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rocroi

>muh saviours of Christendom

Europe should literally be thanking the true Antemurale Christianitatis (Croatia) every day. This means a (You) for every Croat by every unique poster at the very least.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_alliance

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_alliance
That's the thing.

We didn't want to help and it was stupid on our part to help. - seeing how Austria screwed us with Saxons later.

We had a good trade/relations going with Turks. Unlike filthy germans they kept they word and truces.

Yep thanks Poland

sure

not such a great monument of friendship

The Spanish tercios are a thing of legend, counting back to some of the feats of the Reconquista and the Conquistadores, Spain remained one of the finest warrior traditions in the world, if not the best, for centuries, even in its decline Spain gave guerrilla warfare its name and it did so with bravery.

Based Spain, if only a couple of key battles would have gone our way we would have made a very diffferent world than what it is today.

You think so
Based

Fuck Germany, fuck Russian Empire

Bless to Poland

I did and I'm counting on them to do it again.

Maybe with a plunger.

Poles are disarmed since 1830.

>Muslims
>Honor

There is no such thing.

Yeah
With partitioning their lands..