KRAFTWERK THREAD

Let's have a Kraftwerk thread. Favourite albums?

I, personally, love Autobahn the most, with Trans-Europe Express and The Man Machine closely behind. It is such great fucking music, it's almost unreal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0EBTn_3DBYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping my own thread with feeble hope there's a Kraftwerk fan on this board that I might discuss the band with.

Have you listened to Kraftwerk's self titled album? It's more krautrock than electronic but still quite good

Europe Endless is one of my top favorites from all the albums

Man Machine
Trans Europe
Computer World
Radioactivity
Autobahn
Tour De France
Anything else

SO glad I just started listening to these guys recently. Started with Kraftwerk 2 and have listened through Computer World now, accidentally skipping Electric Cafe (though I've heard that one a few years ago, and if memory serves me right it hugely paled in comparison). Daft Punk have been a favorite group of mine for a while, and it's so great too just take a step further back and discover this even-more-original beat-making.

Autobahn the song was jaw-dropping, but the Kometemelodies that start side 2 kinda fall flat. Morganspaziergang is stellar though.

Trans-Europe Express & The Man-Machine were both virtually flawless, with the weakest spots on each being "The Hall of Mirrors" and probably "The Robots", respectively.

How does Tour De France compare to the rest?
Is 'The Mix' good?

Ralf und Florian > Kraftwerk 2 > Kraftwerk 1

Their non-krautrock stuff is still amazing though, but Ralf und Florian is still my all time fav

If you people haven't seen it I warmly recommend the documentary "Kraftwerk and The Electronic Revolution". It's like 3 hours long and crammed full of glorious kraut noise.

I agree on HoM being the weakest TEE song, but Robots is one of the better ones, Neon Lights is the weakest from man Manchine

Those are my 3 favorite Kraftwerk albums albums too

My favorite album track is probably Showroom Dummies.

Live I would go with this:

youtube.com/watch?v=0EBTn_3DBYo

I've seen them live a few times over the years. If you get the chance to see them with their 3D shenanigans - do it. It's awesome.

i listen to the Kling Klang analogue mix

Autobahn... this year i think byu all albuns in vinyl format but dont have money yet

fun fun fun on the autobahn

Am I bad for liking The Mix? :(

nah... it's good...

>fun

NEIN

ES IST "FAHREN" - TO DRIVE, DUMMKOPF

Talking about Kraftwerk's discography is like talking about items on a fancy restaurant's menu.
People might have their preferences, but it's all pretty delicious.

Some turd drew little Adolfs on my copy of autobahn

That's funny... sad, though... but funny...

Computer World is such an amazing track.

Kommetemelodie 2 is fucking heavenly to my soul. At the risk of sounding cheesy, it's like my soul is ascending when I hear that track. It truly is something else.

This guy gets it. I've literally never heard a bad Kraftwerk tune. Their albums are truly impeccable.

computer world > trans europe express > autobahn > ralf und florian > electric cafe > man machine > radioactivity > kraftwerk 2 > tour de france soundtracks > kraftwerk 1 > the mix

I'm sure they were good for their time, but their music has dated horribly. It's boring, repetitive, and only occasionally catchy.

it's pretty good

I love 70s Kraftwerk, but, sadly, they lost me after Man Machine. Radioactivity is my favorite of all the 70s releases.