Howdy Sup Forums, visitor from /o/ here in need of some advice...

Howdy Sup Forums, visitor from /o/ here in need of some advice. My boss evicted a tenant from a commercial property and they left behind what looks to be a pretty valuable server, seemingly brand new in the box. I'm a bit technology-tarded, so if anyone could shed some light on what this thing is and about what it's worth that'd be great. The product number is 719064-B21.

Other urls found in this thread:

globalonetechnology.com/785410-001.htm
amazon.com/785410-001-300GB-12G-HARD-DRIVE/dp/B01BK2S3XW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks just bought 100k

More pics user

The two I've posted are all I took. It had a rail kit inside the box (maybe for mounting inside of a server case?) along with a cable manager thing. It's got two removable power supplies on the back left along with the two power chords shown. It has a disc drive of some sort on the far left. It looks like a custom configured server but I have no idea what's inside as far as processors or anything like that. This really isn't within my wheelhouse which is why I came here.

Depending on how its set up hardware wise it could be worth several thousand. You need to either get inside to look at the parts, or start it up and get into BIOS to see what that says.

I have managed to figure out what CPU(s) that thing has: E5-2660 v3, 10C 2.6ghz base CPU, runs for around 1K apiece on ebay.

Still though, you need to get this puppy started up and into BIOS to see what it's got.

GIVE

IT

BACK

BACK

Terry

OKOYA

>DL380 Gen9
That's pretty nice.

>Gen9
Holy fuck, user.
That's hot shit!

This is a pretty expensive general-purpose server. It's loaded with a bunch of teeny tiny harddisks, which is unusual. They are a couple of thousand bucks new. As a general purpose machine, it doesn't seem to be specialized for any particular jobs.

Depends, he could have bought it refurbished.

Buying servers like this is a thing that crypto miners have been doing.

They would mine Cryptonight algo since these server CPU's have lots of cores and L3 cache which allows for faster than GPU speeds in some cases.

Most people mine on old Opterons and Xeons though, normally the Haswell and newer stuff is off limits expensive for little gain.

the 2011 stuff will mine at nearly the same speeds. more cores and more cache is key.

costs a pretty penny
>pic related is price without drives

can you tell if there are any drives installed?

did the tenant seem like a sketch bag who would steal this shit?

So you stole shit from a tenant who was too poor to pay rent? I am assuming during the "eviction," you took everything from the tenant's property?

What you and the landlord should do is be shot and bleed out while holding each other; and get discovered then posthumously disowned by your disgusted family who assume you two fags committed a double suicide so one of you wouldn't get left behind by whomever died first of AIDS.

if all the drives are there your boss just hit the jackpot.

>175 a piece on amazon
>globalonetechnology.com/785410-001.htm
>amazon.com/785410-001-300GB-12G-HARD-DRIVE/dp/B01BK2S3XW

its a commercial tenant you dumb ass, its not some random joe just trying to get by. if its commercial then its all on paper and the tenants were given the appropriate amount of time to vacate.

Make a minecraft server on it and we can all join

Give it back asshole