Technological Singularity, when?

Your thoughts. We all want to live as NEETs in virtual realities, don't we?

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/pavlovs-plants-new-study-shows-plants-can-learn-from-experience-69794
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what will you do the day when the technologicaly singularity happens?

me
>encrypt my DNA and brain pattern so no one can clone me
>delete all my social media history of all world servers
>move brain off sight to a block of silicon a few light years away in the oort cloud so no one can find it
>coalesce a gf out of the elements in the seawater and shes my anime gf
>quit my job
>download a suzuki mini 4x4 to camp in
>go and live in the wilderness somewhere in a copy of siberia with my anime gf to avoid the new total hell world
>keep in touch with people via written letters delivered by the universal computer directly into the noosphere where humanity is trapped forever in the comptuer
>toil in the fields with my gf to make crops and survival

pic related is my anime gf made from seawater elements

I predict "diversity" then gradual decline.
We've already hit "peak civilization"

>Kurzweil

Imagine being that guy who dies the same day they announce that uploading your brain into a computer and living forever in a simulation is now affordable and available to all.

>diversity
>not unification

Moore's law already stalled OP. Sadly there is a limit as to how small a transistor can be because of quantum weirdness.
Right now the AI field is infested with bros giving each other high-fives over solving problems with optimizers.
Won't happen any time soon.

imagine being one of the 12 billion people to die uploading a copy of themselves into taco bells servers and having their corporal form vaporized

>Kurzweil
Imagine basing your whole life and entire career off the implications of a single plot with the most optimistic possible curve fit to it.

and then making millions of dollars and becoming immortal

probably the luckiest guy ever as he dont get to suffer for eternity

>Imagine being that guy who dies the same day they announce that uploading your brain into a computer and living forever in a simulation is now affordable and available to all.
If such a thing was possible, you'd probably only be making a copy of yourself very happy.

Sounds like a weeaboo neet neckbeard's wet dream.

At least one of us is.

>line becomes speculative at 2001

>the "oh man, I'm really scared of death, *pops three hundred pills* let's assume exponential growth, surely it will happen" curve

noo

>a bunch of linear algebra used to optimize multivariable functions is going to model the intelligence of a human brain
okay

the universe is a multivariable function including your brain

good luck modeling the 10^20+ variables going on inside your brain with what's essentially linear algebra-aided brute force

>one mouse brain
mice are smarter than computers

okay

greeting from india...

Ship of Theseus solves that

>if I build a second ship that looks basically like this first ship, and then I burn the first ship, the second ship is the first ship

have a nanobot latch onto a neuron and monitor its behaviour until it can build a 99.9% accurate model of when it will fire or not; and then exercise the neuron and replace with the nanobot
repeat 1 bazillion times and then all the nanobots that are your brain connect wirelessly and digitally fly out of your ear and you become a sentient swarm of nanobots

this graph illustrates how silly the whole idea of a 'singularity' is, like the desktop computer could somehow used to replace all the complex behaviors of insects considering humans still cant understand or mimic the complexities of how insects find and gather food and build shelters.

That's based entirely off of the assumption that "you" is a sequence of information and nothing more. I think it's silly to bet your life on the answer to a philosophical question.

we don't even understand and can't simulate the intelligence of PLANTS
they recently found they could classically condition Mimosa pudica and Pisum sativum in the lab using drops and lights/fans

theconversation.com/pavlovs-plants-new-study-shows-plants-can-learn-from-experience-69794

please tell me where is houseplant on that exponential graph lmao
this singularity stuff is pathological and a religion

Smart man

Not really no. That's the thing, isn't it? You could take a perfectly cut array of slices and painstakingly rebuild the whole of the structure digitally but there are interactions in the brain that occur at random, and do so uncontrollably that you simply can't reproduce. Then there are maladies and anomalies in the tissue itself that garner what may be an even greater topic of debate as well as being a causative force of the aforementioned behavior. And the debate being, if you could correct those anomalies, and remove the malus should you? Are they not one of the many facets that creates the whole of the human psyche?

Let's not forget the whole nervous system is interlinked so you can't just make a perfect replica of the brain, you have to take the whole body with it since the system needs to be viewed holistically.

>encrypt my DNA
And how exactly in the fuck are you gonna do that? You won't stop shitting, and you can't encrypt your poo.

you can get the dna from my poop but itll be encrypted so you wont be able to do anything with it, duhh

yes. they have much technological skill but little insight to reality, very little imagination.

Technological singularity? More like technological bubble. Can't wait for it to crash and burn like tulips.