/daily/ - Bluesy times edition

It's one of those days when you just feel like singin' the blues.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, blue yourself!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wvbimvlDB6Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKSjmhsEdcE
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/simon_wickham_smith_and_richard_youngs/ceaucescu/
m.soundcloud.com/montiemontgomery
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for da bluez boyz

2nd for new meme

I liked Bill Evans.
I liked Jim Hall.
Today I'm listening to both.
How about you?

I'm relistening to Frankie Teardrop at the moment

after that I'll probably either watch something, read or just go to bed

that one's really nice
maybe check out Expansions.

Girlfriends because dancey emo goes well with this hot weather

Brobocop is such a fun song

SOFT GREEN SHADE WHEN DARK HITS I'LL WEAR NO COAT

you know it.
also, and , you'll dig it

>it's more focused on being pure twee pop
aw shit that sounds sweet

thanks for the rec

Jazzy folk, almost like Tim Buckley at times, but less out there. Has some songs here that feel like they could go on forever. Significantly less cheese than expected. Spare me the buzzwords and give it a listen. 8/10

Solid Air is great stuff

I need to give it a relisten sometime

i already recced Weighing Souls with Sand ya goofus

What should I listen to next while doing calculus homework? Leaning towards Bartok's string quartets.

ayy, one of my recent listens lately
if a thread on this album a few days ago inspired that listen, it was me :)

Great stuff, can't get over how 90's looking that album cover is

I don't think you should listen to any of those albums while doing calculus homework desu

do some ambient stuff instead or something

>Has some songs here that feel like they could go on forever
Among the most accurate sentences about an album I've ever seen desu.

I saw a thread a few days ago but didn't click. Everyone compared Ryler Walker's Primrose Green to it last year and I liked that one. Then I saw Oneohtrix Point Never sampled it on G.o.D.

You're probably right, any suggestions?

I'm not a huge fan of ambient but maybe try Philip Jeck's Stoke

>tfw want to listen to more AMSP because it is great but it sort of depresses me

It depressed me too but not in the want to listen to it more kind of way.

[spoiler] the only decent track was The Number [/spoiler]

I respect your [spoiler]wrong[/spoiler] opinion ;^)

Good evening, /daily/friends.

I am exhausted since the national public transport corporation, Danske Statsbaner, is completely fucked up at the moment. A trip that usually takes about 50 minutes, took two hours, both to and from.

Music for this feel? Or maybe I'll just continue with my exploration of Intakt Records catalogue, that Hijokaidan record Dogwander rec'd me and the Thirdogan/Government Alpha split.

What are you guys listening to?

Thanks, I'll listen to that some time. Decided on Luciano Cilio.

>What are you guys listening to?
I decided to end my non-stop Radiohead streak with some Catherine Hennix. It's pretty good raga stuff.

Listen to something soothing, definitely not the Hijokaidan record

I enjoyed it, though, it was actually really good.

Yeah, I think I am just going to listen to some jazz or something. I've been listening to Everything Movies by Florian Egli Weird Beard all day, that is a good album, might just put that on again.

Ryo Fukui Scenery or Andrew Hill - Black Fire should put you in the right place

Dead will never die

lmao my last fm started working again out of nowhere. meme magic

Mixtape tourney round two when?

i'm presently giving benji's tape another listen, then I need to give sshx's lovely summer mix one more.
still waiting on karenin and natkingcole to submit theirs.
and karenin, i'll have you your next tape within a few days from now

Can someone post a larger version of the /daily/ chart?

is this a new meme i missed or something
seems like this keeps getting asked

because no one posts the image

Why don't you just post it?

Yeah i was supposed to go to Odense today, but after checking Rejseplanen i decided on staying home. Didn't really seem worth the hassle for two 45 minutes lessons.

Huh, are you attending SDU?

Also, yeah, good choice to stay home. It was hell.

>Slowdive reunion album in july

always 1 step behind MBV, aren't they

I am, yes.
I can imagine it was, being stuck on the train is never fun, especially not in weather like this. I hope you at least got some scenic views of the flowering rapeseed.

Herb/Thomas-core

:^)c mov

Oh definitely. I thought you attended KU. Well, we might bump into each other one day, then.

:-* Even though I do not get it.

le invite famalam

Hey guys, thanks for posting the chart. Appreciate it. You're such a nice community.

Weak shit.

Yeah we might, i haven't been there much this semester though. You're studying political science right?

Well i just made some broccoli fried rice and i'm listening to this meme album of yesteryear

>not wearing your Swans Filth tshirt every day in hopes of meeting a Sup Forumstant

more like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=wvbimvlDB6Y

I often wear my LRD t-shirt in hopes of meeting a poseur.

>changing ur name
lol i am tellin torts rn enjoy ur explulsion from the tortsnament

>enjoy ur explulsion from the tortsnament
I will tbqh.

no problem friend just trying to help as usual

Is it just me or does this Anohni album suck fucking cock?
Anyways, im just coming back after a few days of no daily. Are you guys liking the new Radiohead?
Why does Yeti by Amon Duul kick ass?
So many questions, oh my lord!

>tfw can't sleep again

>that name change
scandalous!

new radiohead has some very cool songs (burn the witch, daydreaming, identikit and present tense are amazing)

and yeti kicks big ass. shame it's amon duul's best

Those of you who made flow charts for artists: did you use a site or shop it?

I'm going to make one for the Grateful Dead

Anhoni. I don't, i haven't followed the p4k canon in 10 years.

Yes i am enjoying the new Radiohead. I have listened to it 4 times, still too soon to say my final word.

Because it's really straight forward with it's amazing riffs, psychadelic sound, eerie vocals, likeable weirdness. The improvised tracks don't appear as so.
I would rec that album to someone who never listened to krautrock before.

Ms Brokeboi Paint early on and then PS
Also based as fuck of you to make a Dead chart. Underappreciated band here

Yeah, down in Agora with journalists and economists too.

I wish I had one.

Those are my favs on the album!!
I just got in to A.D. II, and i saw that Ty Segall loves Wolf City, and Scaruffi likes Trans Lemminge, i will get back to yall on further opinions on them
Its beyond pfork, its like a leftwing news report sung in an operatic autotune with banger beats

Same boat, i threw AMSP on RYM as an 8 because no other 2016 has struck this hard for me, but it could vary.

But the best song on Yet is improv
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKSjmhsEdcE

Ah yeah, i've never actually been down there. It must be nice never having to walk down Gydehutten.

can i rec an album from an artist i already used?
Don Cherry - Symphony For Improvisers

if not, try WWW - Neurobeat

Our lectures have been all over the place this semester, so it has not done me much good.

I've been super into The Orwells lately. If you haven't heard them, they're kind of a punk-inspired indie rock band.

>Dead
>underappreciated

They're p good. Have you listened to The Reatards? If not, you should go listen to Teenage Hate right now.

Don't you might not like The Reatards, I confused The Orwells with FIDLAR. But you should check out Blood Visions.

added!

whoops! added!

that's fine! added!

I'll try and have these done by tonight. Get yer recs ready boys!!!!

Good one! Haha!

What conditioner does he use?

Maybe it's because i'm a newfag, but i haven't seen classical music being talked about on daily. Anyone?

>Fat White Family - Songs For Our Mothers
It has one or two great songs, but holy shit almost all of it is garbage. I recommend hearing Tinfoil Deathstar and We Must Learn To Rise, since they're not really worth listening to the rest of this album. It's the usual psychedelic/blues rock revival stuff you see nowadays like the black keys, but even worse.

occasionally we do, but it's not something we talk about everyday. probably because most of us are too busy listening to poseur stuff.

Classical is actually being talked about quite often, but it might have been some time since.

I've been listening to the poseur chart as well lately. There's some great stuff in there.

Here, have the expanded special collector's edition. It has more good albums.

let's talk about classical a bit

what's everyone's favourite Bach cantata?
your favourite rendition of Beethoven's Fifth?
your most anticipated release this year?
your favourite orchestra?
your favourite album from this year? the last 5 years?
are you a fan of modern classical? when does modern classical start for you?
how do you like the radio classical?
what's the best concerto you have ever attended?

205?

Bruno Walter

Not on par with the releases that will come out this year.

I haven't heard any album from this year.

Don't have a favorite orchestra. Pretty much most orchestras have highly skilled musicians.

Yes i am a fan of modern classical. Don't know. Never really thought of that.

I sometimes listen to the national radio of my country. The 2nd channel is 90% classical, 5% jazz and 5% poseur music.

Never had the oportunity to watch a concerto live. But by far my favorite live performance was the St John Passion directed by Ketil Haugsand with the Iberian baroque orchestra.

I'd say that Comus, Velvets, and Unwound don't belong
But tell me aboutthe first This Heat album

>I'd say that Comus, Velvets, and Unwound don't belong

the only reason they're there (as well as about half of that chart) is because /daily/ likes them/it's on the /daily/core chart

Do Tortoise mang

It was literally made based on the /daily/ essentials chart some of those albums have less than 100 ratings, and were just pulled from that list by Montie and his friends to piss /dailiens/ off, but most of us never cared in the first place. (see: rateyourmusic.com/release/album/simon_wickham_smith_and_richard_youngs/ceaucescu/ )

already doing another album, and the tortoise one i downloaded is missing a song. tomorrow i will

>Montie
ah I should've known. Doesn't he use daily though? What else from the poseur chart is good?

Ugh montie tries so hard for redemption. At least he listens to decent music now and i solid on RYM
But this is unforgivable:
m.soundcloud.com/montiemontgomery

Whats good on the poseur list

actually you should try mostly everything, a lot of those albums are good to amazing. just don't fall for the basinski meme

>m.soundcloud.com/montiemontgomery
that looks horrible

>Doesn't he use daily though?
not really, once in a while he comes here to piss people off

>What else from the poseur chart is good?
most of the jazz on it is pretty good, as well as the folk. i rec first utterance, time machines, parable of arable land, musical abortions, phew

seconding what misha said, basinki is bad meme

aye.

Lmao he's posted here maybe three times?

Not that I'm a /daily/ OG or anything (I've only been here half a year) but every time I see him he's acting like some Sup Forums authority figure. Most /dailiens/ never post outside of /daily/ anyways.

What the frick is that soundcloud yo.

Also, I don't dislike even a single album from there, actually.

98.12.28 is my favorite album ever, but DNA on DNA, Moondog, Thinking Fellers, Dance of the Moon and Sun, Fushitsusha, Vision Creation Newsun, are amazing too. I've only heard a few I'm not very fond of.

Damn...honestly if you're new to /daily/, the poseur chart is almost a better place to start than the /daily/ regulars chart. Definitly try out the top albums from though.

I'm posting this for the millionbillionth time but here's a /daily//poseurcore essential: Fishmans

First This Heat record is closer to musique concrete than it is their second album, if that's your basis of knowledge.
It's mostly dark, industrial tape manipulations so don't expect anything catchy. It's great though so if this blurb didn't turn you off I'd recommend checking it out.

Basinski is a confirmed meme and im not the only one who was like "huh ok.."
Listen to some of the soundcloud. Its tol quality cringe
Especially Bitter End and Extrovert
>fishmans
Still backlogged lol
Also i prefer the new to daily. Its updated often and feels more accessible. Plus I got my too 3 there so u know its lit
Kinda turned me off. I do not get all of the appeal to a lot of that, or the mindset/setting i should be in for enjoyment

>Happy Jawbone Family Band - The Silk Pistol
i was so excited for this but then it turned it wasnt folk, but lo-fi indie. it wasn't very good lo-fi indie. most of it was pretty eh and uninteresting, and although it had a nice little charm to it, it wears off towards the end. put me in a bit of a trance though, now my head feels weird.

shameless plug incoming

by the way, to all the people who've listened to my music, you can now pan it on rym!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

i need to get around to the fish meme, i heard long season last year but it seriously needs a revisit.

Checking out Exuma and Death In June which are two totally overdue poseur albums tonight

That soundcloud is from the tripfag Montie?

>tol quality cringe
jesus christ extrovert was so fucking bad. bitter end sounded like him trying way too hard to be some sort of keiji haino or whatever memexperimental artist he's making fun of, but ended up sounding extremely pathetic.

yeah, its loaded with cringe, would recommend listening to some of it.

I'm listening. I'm surprised with his choices given his taste on rym.

>that piano
oh no

frickin lit boyo

>i need to get around to the fish meme
absolutely

heres a chart i made so cool. yeaahh

>the monitor is a 5.5
>penis envy is a 7.5
i respectfully disagree with your opinion

send me your album for free or i will rate 0.5 stars