hatross1.bandcamp.com/album/death-cult
unblooded.bandcamp.com/album/life-burns-slow
birthgoregrind.bandcamp.com/album/a-symphony-of-death-rattles-12-way-split-tape
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dDCbRFiTB0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7OLij3xK15s
youtube.com/watch?v=O_T8bscA9vo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgbba5w9KVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really digging Darkspace right now. Any other good ambient driven black metal?

Paysage d'Hiver is by one of the guys in Darkspace and it's just as good if not better.

who /metalpunk/ here

youtube.com/watch?v=xo6AnRwKvUE

Really? I've had almost his entire discography in my backlog for a while now. Had no idea he was apart of Darkspace. I'll give it a listen

Post BC finds:
Hatross (PM)
Decent take on the OSDM sound
hatross1.bandcamp.com/album/death-cult
Unblooded (AU)
Death/doom with crust punk overtones. Not exactly my thing, but I do like the production and cover art.
unblooded.bandcamp.com/album/life-burns-slow
Birth (MN)
Minnesotan goregrind project.
birthgoregrind.bandcamp.com/album/a-symphony-of-death-rattles-12-way-split-tape

>ambient black metal

disgusting

anybody else hyped for this?

Ehh, they were always so mediocre

More like this?

black metal is like the one type of meal where ambience can work

This is the most pretentious fucking album cover I've ever seen

Are you kidding me? Ambience has been used well in almost every genre of metal, there is a problem with black metal because it starts to rely more on ambiance than the actual metal

nice riffs but nothing memorable and oh god, the vocals and lyrics in this.
i don't feel like listening to metal this week just because of it.
Does the rest of the discography gets any better?

Yeah, I fucking hate the album art to.

The track names are even worse.

The musics bretty gud tho. They're like CHON on steroids.

If you listen to thrash for the vocals and lyrics you're going to have a bad time man

Nice meme

DESTROY THEIR MODERN METAL
AND BANG YOUR FUCKIN HEEEEEAD

I'm not memeing dork, I love thrash but the thrash bands with a good vocalist can be counted on one hand

Seeing them in October
Pretty pumped

You intrigued me and I checked them out, this is in fact really really good
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dDCbRFiTB0

So what's the best Dark Age album and why is it Minus Exitus?

Hipster Pantera

Not BM, but if you enjoy that try Monolithe.

Defend melodeath

Seeing them open for Anthrax and Slayer in September. Hoping that their merch won't be as bad as Carcass and Testament during the last Slayer tour. $40 a shirt was freaking stupid.

Wow I'm not even a djent hater but this is literally periphery and dmshareguy used to shit on that band
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7OLij3xK15s

Wow, I only go to small shows with a few big festivals like Wacken here and there, and I draw the line at 15 euros for a shirt

Yeah it's great.

I'm hard pressed to think of another band that just hammers shit out this clean and efficiently. The changeups are fucking flawless too.

watchu blastin' /metal/?

TULEN VALTAKUNNASTA
VEREN VALTAN

is there any more Silent Hill-core like this?

>2 hours

obligatory Endseeker post
youtube.com/watch?v=O_T8bscA9vo

earth and pillars

nice album my man, love that shit

check out Scar Process and Thakandar

It's amazing how djent bands managed to turn prog metal into top 40s popshit
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgbba5w9KVY

There's their other Silent Hill album: Physical illucinations in the sewer of Xuchilbara (the red god).

But if you want more noisy atmospheric (not atmoshit, atmospheric) industrial black metal, listen to Spektr.

erra's new album sounds nothing like their previous albums though, i quite liked them, pls no bully, but yeah that shits awful

Good shit

you raise one 2 hour album and I bring another

I actually kinda like djent desu

>only 2 hours

there's like a handful of djent albums that don't suck dick, but it's like that with every genre.

I'm p sure there's even a crunkcore album out there that's actually decent.

What's your fav band

I never listened to Funerals from the Astral Sphere, it's so long, is it "good" or "good for atmoshit"?

>but it's like that with every genre
But that's just wrong, there are mountains of great bands and albums in every sub-genre of metal, excluding stuff like nu-metal or post-black of course

djent or just in general?

I've heard a couple of crunkcore songs that had catchy beats I guess.

HIS

Damn, I had totally forgotten about this thing. I don't even remember the name of the band, but I know how to find it.

only song on that album I dont like is an ode to dying spirits. Just skip that one.

Djent bands

>is it "good" or "good for atmoshit"?
what does that even mean?
i think it's good, but i listen to a fair bit of atmoblack so i guess i'm biased

objectively, it's essentially space ambient influenced atmoblack with tinges of neoclassical darkwave throughout, if that sounds good to you, you'll probably like it

yea by looking at the filename, every album I post will have the name in the filename.

It's really bad even for atmoshit

More into instrumental djent than anything.

Save us From The Archon, Plini, Chon, that sorta shit.

I thought Periphery's first album was bretty alright too.

I see atmospheric black metal as an overall bland and mediocre genre aside from some bands like PDH and Burzum, so naturally a "good" atmo album doesn't necessarily mean it's an album I generally would want to listen to (this comes off as very narrow minded, yes)

I'll listen to it eventually

>Plini, Chon
Not even djent

2 hours represent

Will Vektor ever recover?

>metalcucks

If you're sane enough to realize that Summoning is really good, you'll realize that Midnight Odyssey is good too.

It would be great if all that content would've been shortened to an hour by cutting all the repetitions in half, currently it's a total bore, couldn't get passed 30 mins

oh god

Put it on while reading Vampire Hunter D, lad.

>passed

>four months ago
Why is he speaking in future tenses when he wants to tell us the past year is the year of black metal? I don't understand

fuuck

To be fair, if you want to represent a band's fanbase as a mass of drooling retards, youtube comments isn't the most reliable way because the youtube comments as a whole consists of nothing but a mass of drooling retards.

but that's the best way to do it, as in the large majority of times you couldn't portray an entire fanbase as retards without displaying the lowest common denominator as the average

Is it bad that I genuinely feel the urge to physically kill people who brag about liking some metal albums, but don't wear combat boots, jackets or have long hair?

Where do intelligent mgla fans hang out?

Yeah, I just thought this was funny

Some people are just repressed metalheads trying their hardest to fit in, man. I respect those people because I tried to fit in once too but realized how stupid it was and do my own thing, of course it depends on what metal albums they talk about

It's very transparent though, as everyone knows that youtube comments are universally a cesspool. Everyone expects youtube comments to be dumb.

>that avatar
That has to be troll

Oh fuck

No, people outside of Sup Forums and reddit don't think of it as "le epic fedora dog of autism hats", they think of it as "dog with a funny hat"

I sincerely hope that it is

You mean you respect them BECAUSE they do something that you find stupid?

How does that work?

>tfw topsters isn't working

i don't know, i don't like Mgla and i wasn't defending them, i think the music itself is bland as fuck and the only way you could enjoy it is if you never listened to any BM before, it was simply a statement that i thought was true

100% true, which is why it's a good place to pick up strawmen of your target

It hasn't been for months

Isn't trying too hard to fit in the very definition of a poser? tbqh I'd be more offended by a guy with long hair and a battlejacket that needs only one hand to list all the metal bands he listens to than an office worker or even a hipster trash looking guy who'd have a similar amount of metal bands they like.

At least they are honest about it.

Hey preacher, if THORNS got a movie adaptation, what would the plot be?

No, I "respect" them, by that I mean I don't think less of them, because I know how they fall, wanting to dress like a real metalhead, wear bandmerch or loose jeans but afraid of being bullied, I got bullied for wearing band shirts in elementary and middle school and tried to shun metal in high school and fit in but it didn't work, I regret it now because it's years I missed out on metal but that's the way society is

Pfft holy shit

some Alien type shit for sure, at least in mood, that's what the whole album sounds like for me

Jesus Christ man how can people get bullied for wearing Metal merch?
Like the worst I ever got for that was like one or two snarky comments behind my back, and I've always been a skinnyfat dweeb with a dumb face, in a high school attended mostly by wigger delinquents.

How come I actually got bullied a lot less once I went full metalhead while you got the opposite effect?

Obviously there'd be aliums and spaceships but what would the PLOT be, dude?

I get that man. Same kind of thing happened to a few friends of mine.

i don't know, i'm not a good writer
how about... An alien, god-like entity creates mankind as a present to it's loved one (another alien, god-like entity), but said loved one takes it badly and destroys mankind when seeing the extent of the damage mankind unleashed upon the planet, the first alium god kills his crush and his doomed to stay alone in the emptiness of space

No, as a kid I looked weird, had rabbit teeth and stuff, I wore Rammstein, Rock am Ring, Green Day clothes with normal jeans and chucks sneakers and had long hair, which apparently was plenty weird in the late 00's early 10's.
People took my shirts during sports class, pissing on them etc, I got pissed on at class trips. But I loved the music. So during middle school I changed schools and tried to "be cool", so I didn't openly admit to listening to metal and dressed "normally", I listened to mostly metal still but tried getting into rap, which kind of worked, I liked some hip hop songs and I just listened to them on repeat. This worked for about a year until I just got more into metal. Then I went full wigger for three months pretending to be a drug dealer in a living group with potheads and smoking weed, hard to get out of that. Fast forward now I have matured myself, grown up, young adult and I just wear whatever the fuck I want. I experienced the "cool side" and the "loser side" and I honestly don't want anything to do with "cool people" ever again.

Yeah but the thing is that now you got this new breed of posers who parade their taste while ALSO boasting the fact that they don't commit to it, and that they dress inconspicuously. And I know some of them are in /metal/

I find that doubly unbearable.

>they pissed on me

God damn.
Well I guess it helped that I had a big masochistic streak in my teens so I can't relate to that.