How do you deal with these in your country?

How do you deal with these in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_of_2015#April_20_.28Brazil.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_of_2015#November_19_.28Brazil.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_of_2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_tornado
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_Tornado
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Fujita_scale
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We don't have them.

There are only ever small ones that show up very rarely, the one in the pic visited about six weeks ago and the last one I recall before that was in about 1997. Even such mickey-mouse shit can't be dealt with. Should one of those monsters you get in the Midwest ever develop it'll be Armageddon.

Here goes a trigger:

Building stone houses.

>inb4 but they wont protect youuuuu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_of_2015#April_20_.28Brazil.29

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_of_2015#November_19_.28Brazil.29

I live in a mountainous area so we don't really get them, we just get the aftermaths if they happen to be close to us.

I remember this one time me and my family were at a yogurt shop and the store had an American radio station on. The music got interrupted to the storm alert and literally not even a minute after a huge duststorm started pouring in from a nearby street and rain came down like there was no tomorrow.

we don' have tornado

Don't get them

you have never been near one of these if you even thought a house built out of sheet metal would withstand one running into a house or any kind of structure

>living east of the rockies

we don't have them

we don't have any notable earthquakes either

small forest fires and the occasional little flood is all we have

finland is boring

hide in basement and hope you don't die
re-shingle roof the next day

By seeing the aftermath of destroyed American homes on the news.

i was about 500 meters away from getting hit by a mile wide tornado, was the only time in my life i thought that i was going to die.

would take boring over that any day.

Send the army to clean up and help people.
Tornadoes were rare here but now are more frequent. This one hit a town and killed 10 folks this year. Many people are building shelters

Man I had one go down my block once. My house had minimal damage but my neighbors house was demolished. The tornado destroyed the basement and ripped the foundation apart

>not having natural disasters makes you """boring"""

Stone houses wouldn't be "great" imo, concrete would be much better
Especially reinforced

But both are expensive, and mass housing needs to be cheap

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_of_2016

>There have been 103 tornadoes reported in the United States in August of which at least 51 have been confirmed.

Jesus fucking Christ!

its called tornado alley for a reason

Check this shit out

I don't know. That's Saskatchewan's problem.

Why on Earth do people choose to live on a big empty field?

We have the most per year per area but I've literally never seen any because they're tiny or something

amazing. I wonder if suicide by a tornado is a thing and how painful would it be

WE DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!!!

Meh no one lives there, who cares.

whatever man USA got like 70% of the tornados in the world

we probably got less than 5%

brick houses are more then just pilling bricks on top of each other.

Imagine being sucked into the air, the wind being sucked out of your lungs, possibly turning you inside out while you're pelted with debris. Then you're launched into the sky, being flung to the next country.

I don't think you understand. These winds literally pull structures apart by their tiniest cracks and fling shit everywhere.

If the wind doesn't tear your house apart a motor home will fly into it.

Ohh Yuropoor you don't know how stupid you sound

well, from what I can guess, it'll probably be like being in a giant air tunnel, you'll probably pass out then get thrown hundreds of feet up in a random direction

you just said "sucked" twice, anything you wanna tell us?

>build house out of plywood
>wind blows it over
how can we possibly prevent this?!

kek i wish you and that german faggot experienced the tornado that i was in, aside from a mega earthquake it is easily the most destructive force of nature there is

u could be in a fucking steel bunker and if a real tornado ended up going near it it's going to get ripped to shreds. only form of ''protection'' is going underground and even still you can get buried alive or killed in some other manner.

Lifted I guess, and the air evacuated

It's 1:30am I don't care if you think my word choice is gay.

Besides you can suck tiddies anyway.

If it's strong enough it'll just destroy the basement and you in it

shut up Miles Garcia and stop making cardboard houses.

thats why i put protection in quotes cause it's pretty much the only thing u can do thats within your control

sometimes people's cellars get flooded and they end up drowning in them

>living in a tornado state
midwesterners LITERALLY getting btfo!

We don't have these.

are american cardboard houses just another way for Mr Shekelstein to get his earnings?

That sounds like it would be your name

I live on the parries, most of the time you just kinda watch the storm while trailer parks get BTFO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_tornado

Antonio Miles Garcia de Gaviria

ppl in that earning range would be living in an awful apartment building anywhere in europe so think about that

very rare but it happens

A tornado hit my house a few years ago, took all the windows and part of a tree landed in my living room (5th floor), beside that that was covered by the ensurance the house was ok, on the pic that was posted before the bricks are just pilled, no pillars where created anchoring to the foundation of the house, you could actuallly take that wall down just with a blow.

Euros build their houses out of brick so naturally massive tornadoes would just bounce off of their impenetrable fortresses :^)

The rest of the house was blown away

Nah that's a UFO landing for sure.

its almost like there are different severity levels of tornados and it just so happens that we get extremely bad ones. what you are essentially doing is talking about being in a 3.0 richter scale earthquake to someone who's been in several 8.0 ones.

was the tornado that hit your house 2.2 kilometers wide?

Looks like the trailer parks couldn't PARRY the tornado.

the guy in that house now has a free firebreak, nice.

>his country gets regular tornados
bit embarrassing

where are you

My bad

everyone groups up and holds hands and then we all run into the tornado at the same time

you have to defeat them with disrespect

if you have fear in your heart she will take you

Maybe they are building cardboard houses to spare some money since the house would be destroyed anyway.

>if you have fear in your heart she will take you

Pretty much anything that's not solid concrete completely anchored to the ground with steel doors and no windows is gonna get rekt by a tornado. If you had to live your life in such a structure you'd just end up offing yourself out of crippling depression anyway, so might as well take your chances with a pleasant place to live.

>he thinks it's ply
I could burn down a forest every day and still have enough solid wood to build frames like this.

m8 our houses do just fine and we eat all the dankest hurricanes and tornados like its nothing

you build your houses out of stone and steel and nothing bad will happen

We both know that isn't true

by having commieblocks which can take earthquakes and tornados

The current record is ~1800 in a year

I live 20 minutes away from Joplin, Missouri which was hit by the most destructive tornado in the US ever, shit was scary.

>deadliest tornado in the US ever

Nigga you're thinking of this:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_Tornado

We rarely have this in our country but if we have it's small compared to that. Recently there was one forming inside of our port city. We're fucked.

can't Amerifats just... you know... shoot the tornados?!

It sends the bullets back.

It also angers the tornado and it begins creeping towards you.

even if you overkill it using the entire US Army!?

>Having natural disasters
I didn't even notice the only earthquake that hit me. Haven't heard of many forest fires either. We do have floods in some parts of the country, but that's about it.
Other than that, we only have occasional storms passing by, but they don't cause that much damage either.

We do have very minor earthquakes every now and then but those are something like 2 or 3 in Richters scale which is basically nothing.

>Building stone houses.

But F4 and F5 tornadoes can break through concrete. A stone house won't save you. nor brick.

Do you even know science or does your country just churn retards out of gymnasium to work braindead jobs in a sprocket factory?

I feel kinda bad because I love tornadoes and I don't even care about the destruction they cause. When I hear those sirens, my dick gets so hard I must instantly jerk off. People take shelter inside. I go outside so I can feel the sheets of rain and wind gust pelting me. I cannot accurately describe my attraction down to the smell of fresh ozone being created. It is my dream to get sucked up into the sky and be blown away. Who gives a shit if people die. This is why we live.

I F5 tornado would absolutely destroy even a fucking steel house you idiot

>living west of the rockies where your internet is still 56k

>being adjacent to Russia
>not a natural disaster zone

Not him, but it's still better to have something against weaker ones than nothing, don't you agree?

Hypothetically yes, but you'd have to look at the distribution

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Fujita_scale

F0 = 56%
F1 = 31%
---- Mobile homes above this line destroyed ----
F2 = 9.0%
F3 = 2.5%
F4 = 0.6%
---- Wooden homes above this line destroyed ----
F5 = 0.1%
---- Concrete, steel, stone homes above this line destroyed -----

Basically, wooden frame homes can withstand 99.2% of all cases. There will be damage, yes, but roofing is typically where it would occur. Concrete/steel/brick/stone houses typically have the same roofing as wooden-frame ones anyway, unless we're talking about a concrete bunker.

Mobile homes are pretty irresponsible though, because they get rekt by roughly half (44%) of all tornado occurrences.

We don't get them
tornadoes + earthquakes + volcanoes I don't think we would make it

Fug, should actually be "below this line." I'm going to bed

If I lived on the ring of fire with F5 tornadoes I'd probably kill myself before nature could get to me

We have houses constructed by Lego, so we're in the safe zone by default.

Shoot at them

makes them stronger