Japanese appliances

Technology popular in japan, but oddly not as common elsewhere.

Pic related is a SHARP Plasmacluster-Air-Purifier

This particular model is not exceedingly popular, but air purifiers in general seem to be more commonplace in japanese homes than others.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay_fever_in_Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU
amazon.com/Electrolux-PureOxygen-Allergy-Filtration-Purifier/dp/B00IABVU32
youtube.com/watch?v=MGBnbsyQTgw
quora.com/Are-there-any-statistics-out-there-that-proof-that-diseases-are-spreading-slower-in-Japan-because-people-are-wearing-face-masks
hiraganatimes.com/past-articles/society/1164/
youtube.com/watch?v=7sN9AnH2fyk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this why Japs wear gasmasks wherever they go?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack
This is why they do it in subways, outside of that it's just so they're not coughing all over you like an assule.

Hi-tech toilets

From what I understand it's done out of the consideration of others. They're not germaphobic or anything, they're wearing the masks to prevent communicating their illness to others. Considering how dense the population is I don't doubt shit gets spread wide and fast.

Shitload of vending machines, I guess

Speaking of air purifiers, can anyone recommend one for a small bedroom? I need to get the crotch smell and mountains of dust filtered out.

I'd like it to be relatively quiet, NEET-cheap ($50-150?), and compact enough to place on a desk.

>mountains of dust
Try vacuuming.

Bump, interested in this as well.

>crotch smell
Try shower.

Vacuum and open a damn window

>I need to get the crotch smell and mountains of dust filtered out.
Try showering with your vacuum.

DIY one with a hueg fan (or even some silent computer fans) and some cut-your-own HEPA and carbon filters
Otherwise get the Xiaomi air filter, it's pretty much the only decent air filter at that price range but it has retarded """smart""" features
It won't really help with the crotch smell unless you enjoy replacing the carbon filters frequently, and it will only delay the formation of dust mountains, vacuuming and ventilation are better ideas

you're thinking of china

the japanese wear gas masks when they're sick so they don't get others sick

>Is this why Japs wear gasmasks wherever they go?
No they wear masks because they are down wind of China and get dust blown off the Gobi as well as mass air pollution from China's factories and power plants.

Just search HEPA air purifier in Amazon or something, it's right in your price range

>mountains of dust
Is it pee dust though?

These fucking things.

The lid never locks so you can always add something you forgot, and that alone is fucking genius. I saw some "modern" western ones that allow you to add laundry with an unnecessarily complex contraption, only to not let people open the fucking lid or even stop it for a few seconds. It can also be a huge fucking pain in the ass whenever there's a water cut, and it just keeps on running, all the while preventing you from fucking stopping it.

And then there's much more: it detects how high your laundry is and only uses as much water and detergent is required, as most also have a detergent tank and use it automatically. And then it's all so silent you think it's not running at first.

Why the fucking laundry machines in the west, and most of the world as well, are so fucking shitty?

This may be too obscure for memes. I don't see it having any staying power in 6 months.

>I saw some "modern" western ones that allow you to add laundry with an unnecessarily complex contraption, only to not let people open the fucking lid or even stop it for a few seconds.
>Why the fucking laundry machines in the west, and most of the world as well, are so fucking shitty?
Because the West has two types of people that Japan doesn't:
1. The type that's too functionally retarded not to injure or kill themselves with a washer that allows them access to a working drum, and
2. The type that will sneakily assist the former type in suing the washer manufacturer into financial and public relations ruin over their self-inflicted injury.
I'll let you figure the rest out for yourself.

try prozac

I use some high fangled semi-smart samsung bullshit and it sucks ass, I remember the all steel beige ones of my childhood that you could open whenever to toss shit in as long as it wasn't in a spin cycle. What's most disappointing about it is that it doesn't have a detergent reservoir. It doesn't have the agitator so when you throw a dense load in I can only imagine the distribution gradient is fucking awful, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

if japan is anything like the pacific northwest. I bet dollars to donuts they have a huge mold, musty problem.

can you tell me more about this air purifier, like do I have to get replacement filters , of do they have a durable cleanable filter

run an ozone generator in your room when you are away.
make sure to ventilate your room when you get back.
breathing in ozone is bad for you.
but scrubs the air.
gives it a static electricity smell.

wash your bed sheets, bedding like once a month at least. and febreeze, or H2o2on your mattress.

and if you have carpeting , shampoo it like once a year.

What model is that again? This is mine.

I'm this .

Forgot to mention that another maybe popular in Japan and not popular in anywhere else is humidifier and dehumidifier.

They seemed to get fuzzy about humidity condition in room.

i heard those tatami mats can get really modly and musty.

and the futon floor cushion that many use to sleep on, needs to be rolled up every morning or the water from your sweat will soak through to the floor and cause more mold.

theres probs alot of allergies in japan
but probably not to pollen

Thats because Samsung pour on features that cost them cents and remove quality that costs them dollars.

Samsung appliances are garbage and the cleverest engineering that goes into them is ensuring they break once the (extended) warranty is up

Enjoy breathing in all the ozone it generates

this I have made one with biggest available in car service/parts shop car hepa filter connected to industrial air duct air "sucker". Connected it with foam used for isolating windows around bricks.

No photo as I am away and going to be so for few days.

Right, makes a lot of noise, but is really strong (works before going out somewhere). And before applying foam, wrapped it in food foam so filter could be taken out and another of same size installed.

Although have not been using it for some time as prefer to open window to get fresh air instead. In summer when pollen is around it is pretty good.

Take a look at Tokyo from above. Then you will understand why.

Second only applies to americans, and the first just isn't true

they have pollen because too much cypress tree.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay_fever_in_Japan

youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU

I have amazon.com/Electrolux-PureOxygen-Allergy-Filtration-Purifier/dp/B00IABVU32

it is very good but too expensive for you. also pretty big

but just wanted to preach that air purifiers are fucking great. I originally got it because I had to live with a dog but I have a mild allergy + I also have some other allergies to pollen etc
but nowadays I tend to run it even when there's nothing allergizing me, just makes air more pleasant and makes dust appear less on the floor

>amazon.com/Electrolux-PureOxygen-Allergy-Filtration-Purifier/dp/B00IABVU32
That thing is obnoxiously loud though.

Humidifiers are very common in the US

On the higher settings, yeah. But you generally don't need to run it much on those settings.

The automation on it tends to occasionally raise it up to "high" for a while and then keep it at the lowest setting.

Dust filtration is the one main reason I'd like to get an air filter. I Imagine never needing to dust my computer(s) and it just seems so appealing.

These are dogshit. As someone that lived in Japan these don't do 95°c sometimes not even 60°c the spin cycles are nowhere near the 1600 ones my machines does so your clothes are fucking wet and heavy as fuck.

My Samsung washing machine that cost 500€ from 2012 does all that as well, weights how much laundry you put in it, adjusts water accordingly same with the spin cycle.

youtube.com/watch?v=MGBnbsyQTgw

It about the same as this one here but a bit better.

Not that this works tho, lol. But the japs are a very sheepish people so they do it without even thinking about wtf they're doing.

Eh? How does it not work?

ITT.

Does not have any impact on the spread of disease.

3 reasons

1) You personally are sick and you don't want to infect others.
2) You are afraid of getting sick from others because of public transport use or public places
3) You have hayfeaver and you're trying to prevent the symptoms.

Now Tokyo people but also other urban areas have this style of life where you do indeed work late, you don't actually do all that much but you stay there because of culture/obligation or they force you. Now what happens then is a lot of people go home and then enjoy entertainment till late at night. This results in less sleep and a weakened immune system so it's really easy to catch bugs and viruses.

Thas why you'll see tons of sleeping dead tired people on trains. It's a systematic problem where theydon't sleep 6~8 hours but 5 or less.

Seems odd. It really should help against the spread, considering how the flu tends to spread through droplets that people spread by coughing, sneezing, etc.

Do you have a source for this information?

How did you get that picture of me?

in short
quora.com/Are-there-any-statistics-out-there-that-proof-that-diseases-are-spreading-slower-in-Japan-because-people-are-wearing-face-masks

Basically the main problem I encountered in Japan was the inability to set settings.

Microwaves, dishwashers, AC and so on come with settings that are push and forget. I'm used to my microwave having adjustable wattage and time.

Take this microwave.

Big red button - Turn on for heat press twice for frozen items

Right Side:
1 - Gently Defrost (press twice for faster)
2 - Milk or Sake
3- Toast

Left Side:
Set range aka time
Oven
Toaster Grill

So I wanna make popcorn thats 3 minutes 800w how the fuck do I do it?

The same goes for washing machines. Theres mostly only presets. So if I have clothes that are 40°c light was 500 spincycle good luck with that.

Watch more anime

On my trip to Osaka I couldn't help but notice that many restaurants I went to, including a Michelin-rated place, had restrooms with no soap and a cloth towel. They would just give you a toilette which really does nothing compared to soap and water. I'm pretty sure the cold I got could have been prevented if I were able to wash my hands before eating more consistently.

hiraganatimes.com/past-articles/society/1164/

Because most Japanese carry some sort of wet tissues mostly 抗菌ティッシュ aka antibacterial tissue in small packs

youtube.com/watch?v=7sN9AnH2fyk

But those are really insufficient compared to soap and water. Rub and scrub nigguh.

Read the fucking manual, gaijin.

As an American I pray every day that this shit becomes popular here. Every time I go anywhere there is an 80% chance someone is going to 1) be sick and 2) cough violently right near me without covering their mouth like some kind of animal
If you have to commute for business and take any kind of bus, train, etc. your body is getting fucked by germs.

Someone want to give me a rundown on HEPA vs ozone.

Here's my surface analysis.

HEPA
+ can be in the room with it while it's on
- needs filters

ozone generator
- can't be in the room with it
+++ fucking kills everything
+ no filters

dust will still be there.
go with hepa.

>The same goes for washing machines. Theres mostly only presets. So if I have clothes that are 40°c light was 500 spincycle good luck with that.

No, presets are great for washing machines.

You don't need special snowflake settings.
Even if you have some extremely exotic article of clothing that doesn't fall under any preset, you're never going to wash it on its own in a washing machine.
There are only a handful of different wash LOADS you will ever do.

More dials just means more chance of fucking up.
For example if you're going to wash wool you really must remember to set temperature and spin cycle or you might damage your clothes.
I much rather tell the machine "this load contains wool" with a single dial and let the machine set the correct limits.

Take a shower, clean, vacuum. You smelly neet. Get a life and kys your'e self and you are waifu.

wow rude

im sory fre n abloo-bloo

>More dials just means more chance of fucking up.
>I much rather tell the machine "this load contains wool" with a single dial and let the machine set the correct limits.

that's not how it works, retard

then why the fuck do burgers have a million warning labels and shit on EVERYTHING while rest of the west doesnt?

Because burgerclaps like to play dumb and sue companies into bankruptcy instead of having common sense

I just run an ozone generator in my room once a month.
Removes any and all offers from a room.
Also kills any biological shit.

Drawback is you can't use the room for a few hours.

>Even if you have some extremely exotic article of clothing that doesn't fall under any preset, you're never going to wash it on its own in a washing machine.

This is patently false, especially given newer machines that will detect how much of a load there is and use just enough water to clean what you put in and nothing more.

I've got some Samsung thing. It barely even fills the drum to 10% unless you really packed some shit in there, and my clothes are just as clean. There is no reason whatsoever I couldn't wash a single snowflake thing that requires careful handling because I won't use any extra water doing so.

90% of that shit comes from California.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on them wearing masks to survive a potential terror attack. It killed like 12 people. and happened more than 20 years ago.
Dumb theory.

>1. The type that's too functionally retarded not to injure or kill themselves with a washer that allows them access to a working drum, and

Niggers

>2. The type that will sneakily assist the former type in suing the washer manufacturer into financial and public relations ruin over their self-inflicted injury.
I'll let you figure the rest out for yourself.

Jews

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Why do air purifiers and filters produce ozone? Isn't that shit toxic?

Don't say mean things about the Japanese please.

Give some more examples Sup Forums. I think a lot of the gimmicky Japanese tech products are genuinely useless and bought by Japanese just because the products are Japanese. So that's why there just isn't a market for them here. But I'm open minded and want to go through all the unique stuff in case there's something useful too. So more examples please.

The toilet seats seem not very hygienic (warmed up and the water spray coming from inside the toilet) compared to hand bidets.

But I never even considered air purifiers. Interesting. I guess the apartments are so small you just need that. Maybe I'll get one.

Every Middle Eastern and Asian home I've been to here has had one of those. But haven't seen in any other place.

Salaryman's life really sucks, huh?
The only thing I want for them to adopt from western culture are our work hours, what's the point of being 12 hours, or more, just because your buchou is playing solitaire, and you have only been productive for the first 4 hours?

dumb af.

I'd live to have more of their laptops/cellphones (though they fell for the apple meem) in the market.

I'm using this one. It's really good. Large filter, low noise, good shape to put it somewhere unintrusively.

Not using it because of smog or maybe excessive formaldehyde like the Chinese, but to reduce pollen concentration at home in the respective seasons.

> HEPA
It's a filter that filters very small particles from the air.

For most uses, you don't even need HEPA, a coarser particle filter will do. But the coarser types of HEPA filters seem to be widespread anyhow.

> Ozone generator
Generates ozone. Usually fucking stupid shit for people who are afraid of "muh germs", as if they weren't hosting trillions of them on and in their bodies.

You generally do not have any clue as to what concentration you need and if you're not generating other hazardous substances in the process of throwing high enough concentrations on fucking everything in a room.

Particulates remain behind, so if they were food and living space for germs before, you likely have them back inside right away even if you killed them all earlier.

>he has to buy an air purifier because of airborne pollen

kys

It's a lot more comfortable to just run this for a while after opening the window than wearing a mask all day long or constantly vacuuming.

Model in the OP is:
SHARP FU - P40CX

I really like the design on that one, but here is another similar one that looks good too:
SHARP FU-R40CX-W

> Ionic air purifier
This nonsense is still a thing in Japan?

commercial air purifiers are a meme and don't do anything

the ionic part is nonsense but shit is dank other than that

see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPA

>but shit is dank other than that
On the spec sheet I can't see anything that's too great about it.

Maybe if the Chinese hadn't made better models cheaper...?

Its an air filtering appliance that helps remove mold and pollen from the air. not sure what else you're looking for. Plus I like the design so the other Chinese models don't interest me.

A bit too big for desk but I use a GermGuardian AC4825 which gets the job done in my room. House have a huge dust problem because living with parents that don't care and 3 dogs in the house and this thing reduced the amount of dust produced by half not to mention the germs and shit that it's filtering as well.

>not sure what else you're looking for.
Just a large filter volume with long standing time, an efficient fan to suck a high volume of air through it with low noise & low energy consumption, and preferably all of it at low cost and low weight.

> Plus I like the design
Looks really quite ugly to me.

Sort of like a wall heater with too many distracting features, except I can't see why it'd need the surface area.

How much do you think it would cost to import one of their fancy toilets?

ESL

I never had a locking washer and I'm from the US

You press レンジ to select your wattage then turn the knob to seer the time, baka gaijin

ventilation?

Holy shit this drives me insane in Japan. I constantly see people leave the stall after shitting, then just sprinkle their hands with water and walk out
It's fucking disgusting

I know chincs exclusive appliances, like this super shoking hot vibrator and other death traps to control the population

>cleaning dirt never works but i wish my mom did it for me

quite a bit, imagining that the base cost of a fancy toilet is pretty high, plus the import costs.

Despite that though I'd be interested in importing the whole bathroom

their kettles are interesting, almost makes me one to buy one if it weren't for the price.
already paid too much for the one i have too.

aren't air conditioner/hvac already enough?

But which would you get and why if you could? Someone might consider getting one.