What am I supposed to do on Linux or BSD if I want a filename to be a firearm calibre? If I start it with a...

What am I supposed to do on Linux or BSD if I want a filename to be a firearm calibre? If I start it with a . it'll be hidden.

Seems like a very serious flaw in a group of otherwise usable operating systems.

Other urls found in this thread:

7.62x54R.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=MsxXfGHlgUA
google.com/search?q=17-50 bmg&tbm=isch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Eargesplitten_Loudenboomer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stick a _ in front of it, or just show hidden files.

Is that a ballpoint pen shaped like a bullet?

Write your own File System

No, its a large case necked down to a comically small caliber projectile. Its a meme in the gun world.

Prefix it with 'cal' or something equally obvious. You utter moron.

Use metric designations you fag.
7.62x54R.net/

No! Linux is broken!!!

An attempt at the fastest muzzle velocity

youtube.com/watch?v=MsxXfGHlgUA

FWIW, Windows doesn't allow ya to give filenames starting with a . from its gui at all to begin with.

What if I want to name a file

>from it gui
Creating it with cmd doesn't count you fucking moron

>being wrong

You could write 0.17, right?

you could just call it "less than three"

but it's a heart

Wanna come shoot my zero point twenty-two on the weekend?

Sorry, what? less than three is a heart?

No I shoot real guns

Then name it

The unicode stripping makes you seem like Confucius

uh you totally can you utter triple nigger faggot

I thought .files were also hidden on Windows

Is there a practical reason for such oddball cartridges besides braggin rights?

Sometimes weird gun shit is made to get around poorly thought out gun laws, just as a 'fuck you' more than practicality.

by default, yeah.

Now tell us how you made that video and converted it to a .webm file you can post on Sup Forums.
Name a practical use for guns at all?
Hunting?
Self defense?
Most guns are used for childish entertainment most of the time. .223 WSSM is reasonable for that kind of light entertainment.

The 17-50 BMG (a .17 calibre bullet in a .50 browning machine-gun shell) however is an imaginary round google.com/search?q=17-50 bmg&tbm=isch

>Name a practical use for guns at all?
>Hunting?
>Self defense?
>Most guns are used for childish entertainment most of the time. .223 WSSM is reasonable for that kind of light entertainment.
Well I do wholeheartedly agree that if you look from this kind of point of view a 20 gauge shotgun is essentially the only gun/calibre you could ever need.

I'm just asking if there's any application whatsoever where such high bullet velocity would be of any use.

They're called wildcats, and it's a hobby for some.

Usually they have a very specific goal in mind, like these comically large cartridges with an equally but inversely small bullet are designed to go as fast as possible, by funneling as much force down to one tiny point as possible.

Basically, the types of people who like brainfuck or plan9 are the sorts of people who like this.

Defeating body armor?

Hi guys. I'm guessing everyone here is either using AMD or Intel right? Except for people browsing on their cellphones using ARM.

I'm from /x/ and about to school you.

The cartridge in the OP was made for shits and giggles, this sort of thing is a long standing meme. This is one of the first:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Eargesplitten_Loudenboomer

It has a sort of mystique around it because it looks ridiculous, and it has an intentionally comical name. A lot of people have rehashed it just because they could. Some of them try to created cartridges have have such a high index of heat behind the projectile that the copper and lead actually burn up and leave the bore as tiny particles.

If you play with marbles and pack them together the tightest arrangement of them you can make will arrange them in little triangles. You might pack three together. Or 7 to make a hexagon. Or add 6 more to that hexagon to make a 6 pointed star with 13 marbles. You are now officially jewing.

If you add more you can make a hexagon with 19 marbles, and a larger 6 pointed star with 37 marbles. Then you are megajewing.

If you add normal jewing (13) to megajewing (37) you get 1337. aka leet aka elite. This is a Jewish attempt to be better than average (which backfires, eg crucifixion of Jesus, Holocaust).

See how Intel's logo is circular? Intel's Jewish, from start to finish.

Now, look at the AMD logo, and how it is square and blocky. Like a swastika.

Intel have a design team in Israel.
AMD have a fab in Germany.

AMD vs Intel debates on internet forums aren't flame wars. They're based on real wars.

If you don't believe me you're basically waiting to be gassed.

>You do realise the higher the gauge of a shotgun the smaller its barrel diameter, eg 10 gauge is larger than 12 gauge. 20 gauge is sorta little
Of course I do, no idea why you brought that up. Point still stands.
If you completely disregard the hobby aspect of gun ownership and you're interested in the only thing that actually has a practical application (ie. hunting and self defense) a 20 gauge shotgun and the massive variety of ammunition types for such firearm that exist is all you could possibly need.

There's nothing inherent about Linux or any Unix-like operating system that means starting a filename with a dot makes it a hidden file. It's just a convention, which started out as a bug in some core utilities like "ls", which checked for the first character of a file name being "." to hide it, in order to hide "." and ".." in each directory, but it also hid all files beginning with a dot, and people kind of stuck with it for making hidden files for some reason. It only really affects certain things like "ls" and some file managers which hide dotfiles by default. Also there's "*" in shells which doesn't normally include dotfiles, e.g. "cat *".

It's bash, not a file system thing. You can disable the hiding with some command, don't remember how, but it should be easy to find on google.

> using imperial system
Cuck

christcuck