/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSXpQjBsB5c
youtube.com/watch?v=_mqCJB28pls
youtube.com/watch?v=hG2BUkCVGfI
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
youtu.be/TaFKC7TFw7A
aliexpress.com/item/a/32810328926.html?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Muke, I'll stop calling you out of you post boipucci

first for i love muke

buy an awoo stand

how asshurt will schiit shills get in this thread?

as asshurt as Muke will be after I'm done ravaging his tender anus

i have a schiit fulla 2 and sennheiser 598
i will literally never upgrade, i don't even know why I'm here

im willing to go full 1488 if it means keeping undesirable like muke or schiit shills out of /hpg/

>he doesn't buy american made amps
kys cuck

>schiit is the only american amp company

o2 is american, jds is american, bottlehead is american, etc. schiit may be american snakeoil but it's still snakeoil.

>implying you have an american amp
stop pretending and start realizing muke's setup is less cucked than yours
L M A O

who gives a shit about american made with sub-chink tier soldering and customer support

pipe down muke

>i'm angry because i'm muke and everyone keeps making fun of me

>everyone i don't like is muke

But I love you, your tight ass especially.

you are the reason the 19th amendment was a mistake

damn i wish i was a girl

stax are wack

>wack
That's a funny way of saying limp dick bass impact and rollercoaster treble response.

Why are you describing the HE400i?

Have a 400i, recently just tried out the lcd2, in hopes to buy a lcd2c.
Really enjoyed the sound of the lcd2, the weight was crazy though.
Was also looking into STAX, as they seem to be quite a decent option.

Should i save & buy a stax (incl BS required to run electrostatics) or upgrade to an lcd2c and leave it at that for now?

>wear stax
>get electrocuted

>buy 400i
>turn into gommunist

>Really enjoyed the sound of the lcd2, the weight was crazy though.

lcd2c has an improved headband that makes the weight less of a problem

>buy an hd600
>want to kill yourself because you'll never actually be a passing trap

but staxshill user was saying they have good bass with proper pads

was that a lie?

They have better bass than any magnetcuck POS earspeaker imitation (headphone) out ther.

>was that a lie?
Yes.

fuck this imma go buy me some planars

Just buy HD600, the best headphones in the world. You'll never need or want another headphone again.

meh I returned mine thanks

planars use magnets

Unironically this.

>planars
Enjoy your ringing.
>Electrostats
Enjoy your electrocution, breaking if it gets dust on the driver, limp dick bass impact and rollercoaster treble response.
Dynamic > planar > electrostatic

Imagine being this mad about being poor
Like, just get a job lmao

>electocution
>breaking
>limp dick bass impact
unlike sennheiser, STAX actually improved their products overtime and fixed all these issues.

Sup Forums would be better with flags and IDs

your mouth would be better with my dick

youtube.com/watch?v=GSXpQjBsB5c

Post setup

>He thinks dynamic is better than electrostats

If I buy Denon D7200 and wear them in public will I get laid?

You wont get laid no matter what you do.

W-why?!

Look in mirror.

Now what?

I bought the topping dx7 regardless of 10ohm output impedance because its DAC is so good.

Anyone else sad they didn't get mentioned?
I need to post my middling gear more.

kys

This is what 2 and a half year old MSR7 look like after daily use.
Fuck this leather shit, I just want something durable

The much more expensive oppo pm3 does this and the pads aren't user-replacable. Must be sent back to china for god knows how much.
The hd600's pads deflate and negatively affect the sound. Must be replaced with genuine ones for $50.
The ath-mx0 line does this but they seem to respond well to pad changes.
Hd800 pads need to be replaced every now and again.
Headphones have a cost of ownership. However it's still fucking gay and they shouldn't do it.

If at least only the ear pads would have to be replaced but the leather on the over-head gets off to and tiny flakes of this shit gets stuck in my hair.
Earpad replacement after 2.5 fucking years for 50 eurobucks...fml

Your daddy is from Alien.

The irony of this post. Gen z is lost.

They're pretty expensive. They look nice but what about them justifies 90 dollars for a two headphone stand?

Can you not swap the pads on them? This is why I opted for the m40x instead of that.

oh you can, but there is no replacement for the headband apparently. But 50 fucking eurodollarinos.
Will maybe wrap some cloth around it.

I was thinking about bluetooth earbuds but i've found this adapter thingy. Anyone ever used something like this? Is it worth anything?

The fact that morons are willing to pay this much. Basic Konig and meyer headphone holder is like $15 and actually saves desk space, but it doesn't make your battlestation pics look pretty.

I can understand paying somewhere in the range of 50 dollars for a nice headphone stand, that's pretty sufficient markup but still within reason. However these things are literally the price of a new pair of headphones.

My ath-m50 looked exactly like yours. I bought it in 2009, used it for a few years, crazy aunt stole it, just got it back and it was totally decayed and shit.
I wrapped the headband in electrical tape tightly and replaced the pads with hyper x cloud pads I had laying around. Listening to them right now.

I moved from the 400i to the LCD2C and love them. Headband is way more comfortable and pads a really cushy. I even prefer them to my HD800 in terms of comfort.

How does dacs and amps work in wireless headphones?

Threadly what's everyone listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=_mqCJB28pls

Do they sound better than the hd800? So far every planar I've compared sounds off compared to even cheap dynamics. Vocals just do not sound right on m1060, he560, etc.

>crazy aunt stole it
what the fuck dude. how you gave her some good dicking

>crazy aunt stole it
what the fuck dude. how you gave her some good dicking

Just leave it at this point.

I moved out because she was interferring in my relationship of 3 years(fuck i miss her rip gf) and she went crazy because she cancelled a cell phone line I had(ofc it was in her name she was free to do so) without saying anything about it and incurred the etf. She proceeded to hold hostage my desktop(brand new at the time $1750), three 1080p monitors, headphones, mice and kb etc, until I somehow pulled like $500 out of my ass. Told her to go fuck herself.

youtube.com/watch?v=hG2BUkCVGfI

Thoughts on the Turtle Beach Elite pro?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Nice looking pads, otherwise it looks awful

In my opinion yes but I prefer stronger base in my headphones. HD800 has the wider soundstage but it didn't really blow me away. The 2C is more intimate but is still kinda wide. It's not center of your head bad. Both pick up details very well. Based off of the criticism I was worried the HD800 was going to sound unnaturally bright but I think it's much more bearable than people make it out to be. It actually has decent bass and the treble really isn't completely overwhelming or anything. I don't really listen to music with vocals much but nothing sounds "unnatural" on the LCD. If anything I think the 800s sound more unnatural due to some songs sounding a little wider than they need to be. That's just my personal opinion though. I think both are great and you can find the 800s used for at or under the price of the LCD2C.

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

>being this triggered by an audio company

His posts have saved me from wasting 500 dollars.

>$500
Yeah... if you have $500 lying around for audio purchases, you're better off spending them on transceivers (HD600 is a start) rather than amps and dacs.

Pleather really is the worst of materials though. Oh I know there's that retard who's going to link to headfi about how pleather can be as good as leather blahblahblah but the type of manufactured pleather used in headphones under $300 (and often, even more expensive) is the sort that flakes off very quickly.
You say that the pads of the hd600 flatten, but that's what would happen to ANY earpad, including the pleather ones of closed headphones. It's just that, on closed headphones, the pleather starts flaking off and making the earpad unbearable BEFORE the flattening truly happens. They have the WORST durabliity of all pad types (velour, leather, pleather) since they become unusable before flattening, a process that would happen to all. Velour earpad are more durable, but by far the type of pad people change the least often is the sort of very thick (meaning they take a lot more time to flatten) sealing leather earpad you see on Audeze LCDs.

>You're looking to buy an amp and dac? Why not buy these sennheiser headphones instead!

>hd600
>bad advice
user.

Sennheiser shills almost completely put me off their brand too.

That's why I keep posting it. I was lucky enough to be affected by Schiit's terrible customer service and the month delay of my order allowed me time to do research on an alternative.

Now this is schitposting!

youtu.be/TaFKC7TFw7A

AKG 712 pro

Comfy af
Open back
214,-€
63 ohm impedance

What sound signature do you prefer?

>Comfy af
Leave

FiiO F3 or the Soundmagic E10?

So are the Monolith M1060s good?

>not buying the $2 wall headphone mounts
aliexpress.com/item/a/32810328926.html?

>he doesn't own a PortaPro

lmaoing at ur life

Those things are trash though. I'm surprised you would even compare german made professional studio equipment to some chink crap.

I do, since 2010 or so. It's shit.

poor taste detected

What if you don't have a nearby wall to mount them to? Not to mention those things look like they were 3D printed on a 100 dollar printer.

No, I'm just not poor and can afford better.
Porta pros are literal mud canons.

Are you memeing? Its 3M tape and does its job. Mine has held up for 3 years