Azealia banks gets expelled from her UK festival

theguardian.com/music/2016/may/11/azealia-banks-axed-uk-music-festival-zayn-malik-twitter

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

bornandbredfestival.com/
metro.co.uk/2016/05/11/azealia-banks-has-deleted-all-of-her-tweets-and-explained-that-zayn-malik-rant-i-love-to-disturb-people-5875923/#mv-a
youtube.com/watch?v=2_JvvALgD9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8UcqNHdHdxs
youtube.com/watch?v=CiElvg8cJNc
youtube.com/watch?v=uR3Vw8J8vUo
youtube.com/watch?v=D3HPKH3w9so
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlWRhnYgWcc
youtube.com/watch?v=ltSYHjRxV-I
stereogum.com/1876318/london-fest-drops-azealia-banks-for-racist-comments-about-zayn/news/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums WAS WRONG
AND RIGHT AT THE SAME TIME
UNBELIEVABLE
(Listen to this album or your dad dies tonight)

I hope she kills herself

yeah but she was the biggest name on the bill so now everyone is gonna want their money back

good, fuck her
how is her career even still going? hasnt had a hit since 212

Maybe I want my faggot dad to die

I think the whole thing is publicity stunt , she just wants to stay relevant in any possible way , and being a controversial topic is the easiest and most guaranteed way ( e.g : the whole slutty miley cyrus reborn thing )

It's a grimey festival from Rinse FM, a lot of the people going aren't going to see her.

what kind of graveyard shithole dump of a festival is this that azealia banks is the biggest name

>grime
>UK rap

Why are Americans so fucking dumb?

really? who else is on the lineup?

It's a grime festival.

A United Kingdom musical festival.
Sorry no one cares about your memes aside from your gay country :)

bornandbredfestival.com/

See

To Americans and people who aren't aware of the origins of grime, it definitely sounds like a British subgenre of hip-hop, it's undeniable.

The UK still produces better music and has better music fans.

source: Sup Forums Sup Forums

But MC'ing / rapping is a Jamaican thing, hip hop didn't start it.

Oh wait, most raptards don't even know that.

I think it's legit. I think she has mental issues. She genuinely seems crazy.

This shit isn't helping her music career in any way. Sure, she's making headlines, but no one actually cares about her, and bullying 14 year olds on social media isn't exactly in the textbook for becoming a global popstar.

It's very similar to the B.o.B situation from this year, the dude who has had number 1 hits and is now a massive, extremely uneducated conspiracy theorist. A lot of people think that's a conspiracy theory too, but he's not actually selling records or getting YouTube views from it, so it's probably not.

Stereogum has refused to post about this and Pitchfork has already buried it way down in news stories

I fucking hate the double standard music media, if this was Mark Kozolek, hed be getting fucking deatroyed by both

literally never heard of any of these faggots aside from azealia and that ilovemakonnen guy

no they don't, that's why they get confused. Get it?

She's a black woman, what do you expect?
She's already gotten away with it.

So you're a clueless pleb, no surprises really.

Except that this is literally a no-name festival that nobody cares about. Azealia and ILOVEMAKONNEN are the headliners whereas at any half-decent festival they'd be somewhere down in the lower half of the undercard.

They're big in grime.

This is a grime festival with a couple big name headlines.

But I guarantee 95% of the people are going want to see Wiley and Slimzee instead of Azealia fucking Banks.

I hate the fact that she is getting a pass because she is a black , she called zayn son of filthy refugee scum and sandnigger paki and other stuff about his origin.

Now Imagine if it was the other way around , or if zayn talked shit back , imagine the bizzare things would happen if zayn talked about black people/her black origins , that would be officially the death of his career , meanwhile she already gotten away with it , fuck I hate this world.

I'm so glad Sup Forums never fell for the nonstop viral posts for azealia bans back when 212 first came out. She has always sucked. Those nonstop threads pissed me off like crazy.

She's not getting a pass because she's black.

She's getting absolutely slaughtered for this, and she's ruined any chance of a career.

Musically, she's done. Yeah she might trend on Twitter a few times for saying stupid things, but she's never gonna be actually relevant.

It's B.o.B all over again.

If you try posting the original 1991 copypasta, it's still blocked by the spam filter.

>Except that this is literally a no-name festival that nobody cares about

>Except that this is literally a no-name festival that nobody cares about

Wiley's there you idiot.

>Stereogum has refused to post about this

Black people can be entitled cunts too? Wow.

>that great feel when Banks will never be more than a D-list hiphop artist
What a great feel. She's lucky she's even relevant enough to support herself performing.

metro.co.uk/2016/05/11/azealia-banks-has-deleted-all-of-her-tweets-and-explained-that-zayn-malik-rant-i-love-to-disturb-people-5875923/#mv-a

Looool. Well, she kinda did go overboard on twitter

Imagine living in a world where Wiley was a literally who

I legitimately think there's something wrong with her, controversy gets coverage but there has to be a point where it stops. It's literally the only way she can stay relevant but she's probably fucked up so many relationships in the business that I'm surprised she's still doing shows.

So America then.

>kinda

In the span of a day she went full Sup Forums on a massive pop superstar, bullied a 14 year old for not having big boobs or a big ass, and began shit talking a genre and a culture that was headlining her for a festival.

Yeah she definitely has some form of mental issue desu.

she done some
bad thangs just to get change

All she can do is lash out
find a couple down twitters
throw some hashtags, cash out

GIBBS

and i say literally who

YEEHAW

Listen to Treddin On Thin Ice and Playtime Is Over and come back a changed man.

>hates on pop stars
>claims to make better music
>decide to listen to one of her songs, just to see what she's smoking
>212.
>it's literally MIA

how can one person be this delusional.

Does she make her own beats?

she's an average american black girl

If she said anything about jews her career would be 110% over

Not even Mel Gibson's fame and talent could protect him from such firey vengeance

No she just raps over uk garage tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=8UcqNHdHdxs

dumb nigger lol

>It's B.o.B all over again.
huh? what'd he do? i was wondering why he vanished.

He tried to get a resurgence by saying that the Earth was flat and #beefing with Neil Degrasse Tyson

did she not already make tweets about jews? i vaguely remember she did a few years back

He stated the earth is flat and made a rap verse about it , and kept getting into fights with scientific figures

the earth is flat though
fucking lying ass scientitst piss me off

Never heard of logan sama, the street fighter commentator?

She's a cunt and she deserves this but I do agree that British hip-hop is pretty polarizing. I don't really like it myself.

kek, what a dumbass.

No it fucking isn't, you dunce. You don't know what you're talking about.

what about grime?

You should post that in a thread about British hip hop m8

There is no genre in the history of music that people pretend to like more than Grime.

He thinks the Earth is flat but that's only the half of it.

He thinks the other side of the Earth is inhabited by lizard people called the Vril.

He thinks the moon is completely translucent and you can shine a laser straight through it.

He believes in human cloning and that there are clones walking among us right now and that almost every major celebrity is a clone.

He believes that the government creates tsunamis.

He believes that the reason his popularity has dropped is because the government is censoring him.

He believes there's brainwashing chemicals in water and food. And chemtrails.

EAI, electroacousmatic, onkyo, noise, post-punk

he just said he didnt like british hip hop

I don't really care for grime either.
I like UK garage though.

He's in the wrong thread then.

Noise and post-punk are in the top 3, but Grime is still #1, and EAI, electroacousmatic and onkyo are memes exclusive to this board and RYM so close but no so cigar.

Its not just MIA man

Its MIA saying cunt a lot

This thread's primary subject is clearly Azealia Banks despite the OP's intentions whatever they were though.

She's not even british.

I've never listened to uk garage much outside of burial. What are some good albums?

>posts legitimately enjoyable genres

so naturally she would fit right in at a grime/gareidge festival?

I'm by no means a great source of knowledge about UK garage but heres a couple decent tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=CiElvg8cJNc

youtube.com/watch?v=uR3Vw8J8vUo

My man. 2-Step is my shit.

The growing backlash to The BLM Movement has claimed it's first victim and I love that it's Ms. Banks. Nicki Minaj next please.

>already way off first page
>yacht story remains headline

that's an excellent lineup.

the people who would go to that would be just as stoked for those other artists.

This talentless (all her music sucks, if you like please gobacktotumblr and rave about beyonce as well like the numales you are) racist piece of shit needs to be black (lel)listed like viet cong was just for having their name

the sjw (aka black supremist) friendly music media will never push for it though. theyll give a collective eye roll and call to just "ignore her" instead of pushing for any actual consequences

sad!

>there aren't brainwashing chemicals in food and water

Fluoride and GMOs are not normal

Solid line-up on the Sunday

She endorses trump

Enjoy your diseases and your harmful bacteria

uk garage was so good, fuck

You mean the ones we had for millions of years before the American government saved us?

I bet you think circumcision is normal, too. Fucking sheep.

Reminder that Azealia literally just BUYS her instrumentals from actual artist.

youtube.com/watch?v=D3HPKH3w9so
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlWRhnYgWcc

youtube.com/watch?v=ltSYHjRxV-I

She doesn't even sample, or buy the og producer to make her an exclusive instrumental. She literally just uses already existing tracks with ZERO modification.

Try new Baitorade in five exciting new flavors!

stereogum.com/1876318/london-fest-drops-azealia-banks-for-racist-comments-about-zayn/news/

every fucking time she says some disgusting shit the articles preface it with "the VERY TALENTED!!!!", this is fucking pathetic lmao

also calling this "trolling" instead of blatant hate speech

stereogum is worse than p4k

Except that people in that past died like fucking flies for unknown reasons , filthy water is a huge factor , I hate hipsters like you thinking they know shit.

lmfaooo, those artist names, they're just as goofy as i expected

**artists

he's not wrong about circumcision tho

It's a pretty small festival in terms of the UK, really only London grime lovers will be going to it.

Stick to Reading or V Festival mates :^)

Circumcision isn't natural? Did he call the major news networks to inform them? He should at least put out a bulletin to spread the word. It's fucked up that this is completely unknown to the rest of humanity.

How the fuck is this allowed?

Except there are numerous other genres except grime there you idiot

The funny thing that I learned in music is that people who call other people thieves/unoriginal , have done this shit too in the past

>not enjoying post-punk
What the fuck is wrong with you

What I like about this is that it forces progressives to call her comments racist (they are, they are), which destroys their attempt at this new definition of racism that it's purely about 'power and privilege' and blacks or any other non-whites can't be racist