Walking home today some fucker bumped into me and instantly started talking shit about VGA being the best display...

Walking home today some fucker bumped into me and instantly started talking shit about VGA being the best display interface. I tried to remain calm and explain to him that HDMI was actually the best connector, but he wouldn't take a hint. He started throwing around words like 'locking mechanism" and I lost it. Punched him right in his VGA-loving fuck face.

I hate VGA so goddamn much.

>that HDMI was actually the best connector

You mean DP, you HDMIcuck

You should probably kill yourself, since DP is the best connector and the lack of locking mechanism on HDMI is a major issue.
Also imagine being so angry about a display connector you resort to violence.

You must be a member of Hillary's Alt-Left.

>being OK with embedded DRM
OP just can't stop sucking jewish cock.

you go gurl!

What kind of fucking retard needs a locking mechanism on HDMI.

so many dips not knowing that this is a meme

reserve for them your pity

also, isn't displayport just an apple meme? i know shills post regularly on this board but what the fuck, are you going to try defending ADB or ADC next?

No single apple product has ever had DisplayPort, so no.

>implying the best connector isn't DVI
>locking mechanism
>analog and digital channels
>designed with patrician 16:10 aspect ratios in mind

kek someone post the comic

>no single apple product has ever had DisplayPort
the absolute state of Sup Forums
miniDP was incorporated into the standard as of DP1.2

Apple uses thunderbolt, which is compatible with displayport devices and has the same connector as mini displayport.

no audio channel tho

reminder that Sup Forums is satire

We're just some neo-Nazi's having a laugh here.

Electrical Standard != Connector
DisplayPort connector != MDP connector

Moreover MDP has the same problems as HDMI, so it's crappy.

DisplayPort proper is the real mans port.
CGA/EGA(DB9) to VGA(HDB15) to DVI-I to DP is the correct evolution for display connectors used by Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

I still use VGA because Im a pleb and I have no money to buy an HD monitor.

>we're neo-Nazi's
Somehow I can tell.

composite video is the best connector

MUH LOCKING MECHANISM

Why do you need an audio channel on a display interface? If you want a high definition multimedia interface, use HDMI. If you want the best display interface man ever created, use DVI. Connect your audio system through a quality audio interface like an intelligent life form.

yeah but only vga has no copyright filter firmware bullshit

>TFW DisplayPort to VGA adaptater because I can't plug my old monitors on my GTX 1070

I'm actually a huge fan of VGA, and I'm sad to see it go. I know the specs of HDMI are better, but it FEELS more high-quality when you use something analog. Plus, primarily VGA devices never overscan, so I associate HDMI more with blurry-ass TVs.

>neo-Nazi's
Spotted the GCHQ spy

>Hating a HD SCART

>DVI
>Big, ugly, screw in plug that takes up the equivalent of 2 HDMI ports

No thanks, I'll stick with my DisplayPort

Analog > Digital

DPI>DVI>HDMI(hdcp)>VGA

>2560x1600 at 60 fps max
shit port for shit plebs

>big = bad

>Big = less Ayysthetic

I only use VGA because both my LCD TVs only have no-signal-power-off in VGA mode.

One would think Computers would have some kind of CEC through HDMI, but there is none.