Sad music

hi guys. I'm a teenager and last week I watched my mom die suddenly on the floor in front of me.

Basically, I fucking hate life and can't do anything without breaking down crying. I want some music that will soothe my mind when it takes me bad places.

I already have all of John Frusciante's music in a sad playlist, so don't suggest him. Also, no emo shit. I'm normal.

Preferably stuff with guitars, I like sad guitar a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao
youtu.be/FayTNReU6U4
youtube.com/watch?v=__uu9kNBDS0
youtube.com/watch?v=WtU2ZLbkr1U
youtube.com/watch?v=TSBs-hiapo4
youtube.com/watch?v=jHrIPrYbh1M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ztt1svz0hd0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdFMv6vN7vo&t=2350s
youtube.com/watch?v=OpYKtirbA7E
youtube.com/watch?v=VablHfbl5Cs
youtu.be/6ER5i5wBPD4
youtube.com/watch?v=piC3dMwWLQI
youtube.com/watch?v=8xfoPxM9AO4
youtube.com/watch?v=u71dKeVKEls
youtube.com/watch?v=Vqa9MBHJWxY
youtube.com/watch?v=yundAnnvwxY
youtube.com/watch?v=h6FIjp8nJV4
youtu.be/1oJEBGHCdBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wJLf6UCGVj4
youtu.be/N5XY_LTgSnA
youtu.be/MtKbRc23BrY
youtu.be/AFecXLssCJE
youtu.be/9GhtZt2HYkM
youtu.be/uMEiggGt9hg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hBwzsLiL0
youtube.com/watch?v=IWwAUAWN5lQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao

youtu.be/FayTNReU6U4

Stay strong dude
youtube.com/watch?v=__uu9kNBDS0

It's ironic that this is a song about Eddie's mother dying and I learned how to play this just before she passed.

Fuck.

The Pearl Jam version is pretty neat.

Building Nothing Out of something by modest mouse. Many a cries were had. And moon and Antarctica. Most of the songs are about pretty dark parts of issacs life. 3rd planet is about a miscarriage. Let the tears flow user.

Try the album "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd
youtube.com/watch?v=WtU2ZLbkr1U

This user knows. Although this is hardly the saddest song on long drive. Edit the sad parts is some real melancholy shit.

user here, Edit the sad parts is arguably the best song they ever did.

>no emo shit
I've got nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSBs-hiapo4
youtube.com/watch?v=jHrIPrYbh1M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ztt1svz0hd0
prob have it but just in case
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdFMv6vN7vo&t=2350s
youtube.com/watch?v=OpYKtirbA7E
also chitotetochi youtube.com/watch?v=VablHfbl5Cs
I'm really sorry user :( these are some songs that I think you will like and I really hope you get better

i'm sorry user

I'm with you, it's a singular achievement, particularly so early in their career. I hope I get to hear it in July when I see them with brand new. Not banking on it though. I'll be happy with broke, haven't heard them play that yet.

Saw them at a festival last summer, they played dramamine with life like Weeds tacked onto the end, that was about the saddest they got. Great show though, I feel like their more intimate performances (non-festival shows) are probably a lot better. I've heard that they've been playing broke recently.

Don't get depressed when you're upset.

I mean, it's good and healthy to wallow in your sadness every now and again to let the feelings out, but doing it constantly is gonna get you nowhere.

what you gotta do, is get angry, and turn that anger into energy, then turn that energy into creative energy.

do you play guitar? get on that thing and play some shit. it could be random powerchords and tremolo picking, it could be random pentatonic improv, fuck, it could be harsh noise for all I care. all that matters it that you're doing something with that energy. even if it's utter shit, somebody's bound to like it. and that's what matters.

I wish you luck, and godspeed user

Ooo you're getting me pumped user. I'm gonna cry if they play broke. I saw them at a fairly intimate show in Orlando for their new album and they played a common set without any big shockers. Wouldn't mind hearing life like weeds again though, and spitting venom. The latter was skin crawling.

They played Grey Ice Water a few months ago and that was pretty unexpected

Hooooly fuck, building is my favorite album. Thatd be great.

>I'm a teenager and last week I watched my mom die suddenly on the floor in front of me.
What happened?

youtu.be/6ER5i5wBPD4

we're not sure yet, all we know is that she died of cardiac arrest almost immediately. I don't want my dad to know because he'd never live it down because he'd regret not saving her and I don't want to let my brother know because he's hooked on oxycodone too, but I think her use of oxycodone in combination with other serotonin boosting medicines that I know she was on sent her to serotonin syndrome, where she died.

The really depressing thing is that I told her this was going to happen. I tried so hard for what felt like forever to get her off oxycodone and I even told her specifically that she could go into serotonin syndrome and die. She never listened.

Life is a wild clusterfuck of mishaps. It sucks dude.

Damn that's harsh bro. Sorry for your loss.

Here are some instrumental guitar albums I like:

youtube.com/watch?v=piC3dMwWLQI

youtube.com/watch?v=8xfoPxM9AO4

youtube.com/watch?v=u71dKeVKEls

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqa9MBHJWxY

:(

Did you try to get her on suboxone?

Also, how old are you?

I tried really hard, I also let her know about rehab programs and showed her tapering methods and even went as far as contacting social services. She just didn't have the drive, I guess.

>16.
This is an 18+ board.

Sorry your mom died.

richard youngs - sapphie

prepare for incapacitation

youtube.com/watch?v=yundAnnvwxY

That's terrible man. I can't imagine what that must be like.
youtube.com/watch?v=h6FIjp8nJV4
This is one of my favorites when I'm down

Jesus, user. I'm so sorry. I lost my mom last year and was with her when she passed. I'll never get over not being there when she needed me so many times. I feel for you. I wish I could say it gets better, so far it hasn't for me. Hang in there. That's all we can do.

Electric Tears by Buckethead (the whole album)

I've only listened to this all the way through, once. I cried many times watching it, then uncontrollably during the final third. It breaks my heart. I'll always miss my Mama.

Be strong, user.
Devin Townsend - Funeral/Bastard/The Death of Music

youtu.be/1oJEBGHCdBQ
youtu.be/1oJEBGHCdBQ

Man, I feel you bud. It's one of the most soul crushing things I can think of.

Hang in there man, you tried, you did all you could. Life is rough sometimes and no matter how much you work on changing someone, even for their own sake, the only one you can change is yourself.

Best of wishes user, it's a lot of pain now, it will be a lot of pain but we gotta keep going. You got us.

Don't feel bad about your sadness, embrace it, live through it and one day hopefully there will be something that makes you happy. You have a lot of life left, live it good and to the fullest.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJLf6UCGVj4

youtu.be/N5XY_LTgSnA

youtu.be/MtKbRc23BrY

youtu.be/AFecXLssCJE

Heres some sad songs OP they're all future islands but hey man they'll do you good promise. Sorry for what happened and just know all things must pass and you can get through this.

youtu.be/9GhtZt2HYkM

youtu.be/uMEiggGt9hg

Also here's some songs that helped me get over a major death in the family

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hBwzsLiL0

lmao

This got me through some shit, anons. Great rec.

Thanks for these.

Not op, but really enjoying Loren Mazzacane Connors.

bump

>I want some music that will soothe my mind
>no emo shit
>sad guitar

So folk music?

Think maggot brain

Sun Kil Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=IWwAUAWN5lQ