Can somebody tell me why is everyone so obsessed with personal assistants? Every one of them is shitty...

Can somebody tell me why is everyone so obsessed with personal assistants? Every one of them is shitty, you look like a retard using them in public, and you just get some robotic bitch telling you first result in google search, big fucking whoop

Sup Forums should make a personal assistant.

I will make the logo

because boomers are worse at using phones than a shitty voice recognition program
it becomes much more difficult to learn after a certain age, you can only hold biology against them so much

No, I

Because why waste the muscles in your fingers when you can just ask the bitch in ur pc

They are nice at giving driving directions. I don't use them for privacy reasons but they are very convenient for that.

>you just get some robotic bitch telling you first result in google search
this
>Siri, help, call the police!
>"HERE'S WHAT I FOUND ON GOOGLE FOR CALL THE POLICE"
>Siri I'm being stabbed!
>"I'M SORRY I DON'T UNDERSTAND"
How is Siri not in fucking prison

>put your browser icon on every page in the lower right corner
>tap it, google whatever you need with the speech to text software

virtual assistants are bloat

>Can somebody tell me why is everyone so obsessed with personal assistants?
Nobody is. It's just one of those things that tech companies think is going to be huge, but it really isn't going anywhere at this point. It's stuck in the "I think this might be useful in a few years" phase.

This is one of the most aggravating things about Siri

>one of those things that tech companies think is going to be huge, but it really isn't going anywhere at this point
Just like the Xbox Kinect, which was finally binned.

it's pretty neat in some things, say if I'd like to set an event/alarm I don't have to open calendar, create new event, fill in all the details, save the event when I can just give it a little squeeze and tell it to save the event/alarm. Money exchange also comes to mind. Other than that don't use it that much.

They only wanted to make retro SciFi real

They only seem great for setting reminders. Hardly worth it so you can be spied on.

Until I can get the LCARS computer voice and doesn't require any internet to run and is totally open source, I will use a voice assistant.

>When you're waiting for a joke to be over but it's taking forever.jpg

Simple. Any spoken or written request is replied with 'install gentoo'

>he doesn't have the Majel Barrett voice synthesizer and the LCARS software available for download
u know how much of a plebian u r?

you don't have to be so literal about my post.

It costs you more energy to use your vocal chords than to move your fingers around a few inches for a few seconds.

I thought it was real silly at first, and I still think it is in most applications. It can be useful af depending on what you're doing though.

It's nice while driving for example.

Because it's one step closer to the future envisioned in science fiction movies.

>siri remind me when I arrive..
>HERE ARE SOME RESULTS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET FOR WHEN I...
>IN SIX HUNDRED METRES CONTINUE RIGHT
>..fuck it

i will make visual basic gui interface so we can track killer ip

OpenStreetMap?

Tech Companies have to justify their 50 PE ratio's they should have 20 PE ratios like every other regular profitable company. To justify this they have to have a gimmick. It was "cloud computing" now its "machine learning". These arnt exactly lies, but they arnt exactly new we have had (rented servers before cloud computing / processing information with "machine learning") and do not support astronomical 50 pe ratios.

The only personal assistant I need is Juiz.

they are good for asking super simple shit. hey __,
>how many aud in 200 usd
>how many tsp in a tbsp
>who won uefa champ leag. in 2007

i dont use it, but handy to a certain degree i guess