What went wrong with Debian?

When did it become shit?

I still don't understand why they were okay with adopting systemd.

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/women/
debian.org/intro/diversity
debian.org/men/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I still don't understand why they were okay with adopting systemd.
Systemd is fine. I still don't understand why you believe conspiracy theories.

>technical concerns == conspiracy theories
only on Sup Forums

Remember when Debian was the only distro that actually cared about correctness, bloat and security?

It literally is nothing but a flimsy excuse. If you have technical concerns about an over-complicated, un-auditable, monolithic codebase, why are you using Linux? The kernel has more lines of code than Systemd by an order of magnitude, and yet that doesn't seem to ever bother any of the anti-systemd crowd.

debian.org/women/
debian.org/intro/diversity

It fucking bricks people's laptops!!!

It was right around the time when the police suicided Debian's BDFL.

Fuck off, Poettering.

>why are you using Linux?
My operating system of choice and the one I use on my personal machines is OpenBSD. The reason I use Linux professionally is because I'm forced to for several reasons, the most important one being unportable software. And systemd is one of those things that causes software unportability.
>and yet that doesn't seem to ever bother any of the anti-systemd crowd
You must've been living under a rock if you haven't noticed anyone voice concerns about Linux's architecture over the past 13 years (which is more or less when things started getting out of hand).

GNOME3 requires systemd

The only problems I have with debian is that their version of kde is completely broken. If it wasn't ready yet they should have kept kde4 until they ironed out all the bugs in plasma 5

Proof

I installed CloverOS over my Debian install.

It's like Debian died when Ian did.

Since they conspired to assassinate Ian Murdock

These are actually reasonable though, unlike FreeBSD's recent changes.

Debian is still the shit. No other distro can touch apt-get and how easy it is to roll a minimal developer system the way you want.

why no debian.org/men/ ?

When (((they))) killed Ian.

I was a debian die hard until I got into the centos/fedora track. Centos for servers, fedora for workstations. Got gud

>45. The privilege of being able to deny the existence of your own privilege as a male programmer.
I've literally never seen a woman admit she has privilege.

I'd rather kill myself than use gnome teebeeh

Was it a suicide or what?

No.

The kernel has a damn good reason for being that big: drivers and hardware support. It needs to be as big as it is in order to support all the hardware that it can run on, which is a lot.
although to be perfectly honest, a microkernel design would be preferred, but sadly none of those are practical at this time.

/thread

You don't have to use GNOME with Fedora, search for Fedora Spins. Although it is pretty much upstream stuff, with bugs and all, I had to fix a small config flag with xfce4-power-manager to workaround a stupid upstream bug with systemd interaction while it just worked out of the box with other distros I tried. Not a big deal, but not as polished as their main GNOME trash.

> When did it become shit?
As most of murrican shit, when sjw/liberals/antifa/whateveryouwanttocallthe'newleft' got involved

I can see you illuminating the sky above the CIA headquarters from here.

Is Terry alright?

fpbp

>trusting someone with Sup Forums
ISHYGDDT

>implying you can't just use sysV with debian

>comparing kernel size with what suppose to be a replacement for init system size
Are you mentally challenged?

Debian women, SJWs forcing systemd change.

How I can prevent systemd to install during netinst?

>tfw you aren’t impressionable enough to hop on the systemd hate bandwagon.

by shutting it down, making a bootable image of devuan/antix, and installing that.

Devuan is at least more obsolete, than Debian.

then install void or gentoo.