Today it makes 333 years since the moors were rekked in the Battle of Kahlenberg and the Christian Europe was saved...

Today it makes 333 years since the moors were rekked in the Battle of Kahlenberg and the Christian Europe was saved. And for some reason this is not relevant at all anymore.

The 12th of September should be a well-known day in the whole Occident and what we still know and acknowledge as "Europe".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inb4 somebody calling Jan Sobieski a bitch.

The man should have a street in every town of every occidental country, like Fleming

>implying

Every one in Europe know the Battle of Vienna and the story behind the croissant.

AND THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED

lol no
you completely underestimate how uneducated people are
the majority doesn't even knows austria hungary was a thing, or who the ottomans were

how the hell did the turks even managed to get that balls deep into europe in the first place

vienna to istanbul is longer than vienna to paris

Blame the Venetians for severely weakening the christian wall known as the Byzantine Empire

the balkans is just across the hungarian border bro

this desu, I wish what said was true, we would probably be much better prepared to the hordes that are coming from the east again

$100 says that if you started teaching that in schools now people would just say it's a throwback to your racist, bigoted past.

see pic

Sobieski and his army stayed for a camp in my town on their way to Vienna.
He also attended a mass in a small church whre i had my communion centuries later.
The local silesians were quite shocked when the saw almost whole army consisted of top tier cav (also many of them were lobilty).
They were used to german pikeman armies of the german style of that time.

ottomans ruled southern parts of hungary

>tfw Sobieski wrote dozens of letters to queen Marysieńka widely recognised as treasures of Polish literature
>she probably cucked him with some stableboy

GG no re

He commended to the Virgin Mary before of the battle, that is why today it's the Saint of Mary.

Regarding the horses, the large amount of horses they used for the battle of Kahlenberg inspired Tolkien in this youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

tatarshits decided to ditch ottomans and raided italy. it was the only reason ottos didn't get vienna.

Sobieski was a fuckup.

Is this a hussar circlejerk thread? Yay
>Every one in Europe know the Battle of Vienna and the story behind the croissant.
Hah, I wish. I doubt most of local bydło would know anything about it, even more so abroad.
It kinda sucks that guys like samurai, ninjas, kung-fu monks, crusaders, Arthurian knights, cowboys, indians, vikings and so on entered the global popculture, but hussars never did. Poland is culturally irrelevant when it comes to recognition.
>top tier cav (also many of them were nobility)
*all of them
Afaik it wasn't officially mandatory for a Winged Hussar to be a noble, but considering that every hussar had to pay for all his shit (horse, armor, weapons etc.) from his own pocket (aside from lances granted by the king), it was practically impossible for a hussar to not be a noble, and I'm not talking here about the poor noblility.

WE

Thank you Poland for your contribution but lets not forget that Germany provided the majority of troops

Hussars get stronger depending on how outnumbered they are

>*all of them
>Afaik it wasn't officially mandatory for a Winged Hussar to be a noble, but considering that every hussar had to pay for all his shit (horse, armor, weapons etc.) from his own pocket (aside from lances granted by the king), it was practically impossible for a hussar to not be a noble, and I'm not talking here about the poor noblility.

but they also had companions, about 3-5 for one hussar with a lance as a support and help in case of loosing horse and so on

das rite

>tfw euroshits will never be conquered by based Ottomans
Feels bad

not to mention introducing coffee to the west

well, there are "what if " theories about using that army in other theaters of war at that time and what would that change in the history

>implying he didn't bang every barmaiden on the way to Vienna and back
Such were political marriages, no biggie
WUZ
It's pretty dank that after shishkebabing kebabs they'd go back for another lance and repeat the charge up to several times per battle. Must've been pretty spooky to stand against them in like 3rd or 4th line and just watch another wave of guys before you getting their heads poked out, knowing that it's gonna be your turn pretty soon.

>Must've been pretty spooky to stand against them in like 3rd or 4th line and just watch another wave of guys before you getting their heads poked out, knowing that it's gonna be your turn pretty soon.

more like a horror really, that was a rather rare thing to see a unit not to rout after the first charge

politics and religious disputes, mostly. After the Crusades, the West had inner problems to take care about, and Byzantines weren't that strong anymore. Ottomans started to conquer anatolia after the weaking of mongols there and the byzs couldn't handle them.

They tried to expand to Vienna earlier, in the XVI century. the Holy League managed to hold them off, but, as this thread shows, they tried again later.

I guess France and England considered the Balkans to be too far way (and the crusading spirt had ended by then); also, France could use such threat to antagonize the HRE. Spain was obviously involved (Charles V, Phillip II, etc), and Portugal used the situation to contour Africa and get spices directly from the suppliers.

curiously, venetians helped the ottomans against Tamerlan.

>It kinda sucks that guys like samurai, ninjas, kung-fu monks, crusaders, Arthurian knights, cowboys, indians, vikings and so on entered the global popculture, but hussars never did.

People generally throw them together with knights.
Don't be sad, Knights are the coolest pop stereotype of all.

If you think about it, they're already doing that with Germany - but at a slower pace.

Also,
>Russians
>One of, if not, the greatest Ottoman enemy
>wishing Europe was conquered by them