I feel like as my depression has gotten worse, I have started to love slower melancholic music like shoegaze, slowcore...

I feel like as my depression has gotten worse, I have started to love slower melancholic music like shoegaze, slowcore, dream pop, and drone. Does anyone else feel this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anybody who claims depression and still has the energy to post on Sup Forums isn't depressed
but actually lazy with no talents because theirs parents didn't teach them discipline

Grow up, you fucking waste.

>self-diagnosed meme deppresion

Go whole turkey and listen to technical death metal.

we're all in this together OP

Nobody gives a shit about your feelings, even a little bit. Honestly, just end your life now or grow the fuck up you manchild (assuming that you aren't underaged).

Loveless is a horrible album, by the way. Faggot.

haha wow dont u love being a shitty person :-)

this desu. I've only had actual depression like twice. I couldn't get out of bed, and if I did I would sit on my couch and stare at the wall.
I feel like shit a lot, but feeling like shit isn't depression.

Are you just a kid?
youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg

no I'm just being honest from personal experience
when I had my depression spell music and fuckign Sup Forums was the last thing on my mind

didn't eat or even get out of my bed. stayed in my exact same clothes for a week straight because nothing mattered to me

but like ur experience with depression isnt the same as everyone else's. u just gotta be considerate and thoughtful my dude

You know depression isn't a one or the other thing, right? It's a wide spectrum of symptoms and feelings for every person.

Why does "depression" always turns into a No True Scotsman thing? Why do people pride themselves on who is really the most depressed?

What would honestly prompt you to ask such a fucking question?

Have you spent any time on this board at all, reading posts, and learning about its participatory constituents?

I hate the majority of the people on this board. I hate their rhetoric, their aesthetic and affixation with memes, but that's all clearly a means of coping with some very serious, internal sense of emptiness.

You are a goddamn idiot. I sincerely doubt that you've the self-awareness to even be depressed.

>their aesthetic and affixation with memes
NIgga why u here. your making your life miserable

To ensure that I'm not misinterpreted here, I'd like to add that it's not always a means of coping, and that sometimes it's through the simple desire to appear counter-culture and hip, ironic as that may sound.

I am here because I've no where else to go.

Anywhere else, posting wields too big a commitment, bringing with it a string of obligations that I know I'm not willing to adhere to on a consistent basis.

Here, I can just pop in whenever I'm compelled and share my genuine thoughts on whatever subject's being discussed. It's efficient. It's minimal.

>whole turkey

thats actually better than cold turkey, nice one user

>le "you haven't had RRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLL depression" meme xD
You are much bigger faggots than he is 2bh
Get the fuck over yourselves and grow some fucking testicles for Christ's sake

Thanks for being the rational sacrifice to this thread

You do realize people can be sad and suicidal without being clinically depressed right?

I can't wait for you to cheer up and stop coming here unty. Your superiority complex is very out of place for a website like Sup Forums.

>chill out, dude!
>it's just a bunch of dudes on the Internet parading their ill-diagnosed affliction to garner attention and serve as an excuse for whatever futility they'd otherwise recognize in their existence!
>it's not like it matters, dude!
>it's not like these people failing to simply take responsibility for their lack of accomplishment and talent is diluting and debasing a dangerous and legitimate affliction so that those with actual, clinical depression go unnoticed, undiagnosed and untreated while the passive and self-entitled present drains on those around them and the pharmaceutical system holistically!
>it's not a problem, dude!
>just chill out!

When you attempt suicide psychologists psychiatrists call it a 'major depressive episode'.

They aren't really separable.

I didn't realize having an anxiety attack and being diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder were inseparable either. :^)

>using a completely separate instance as an example for your argument
That's not how it works, mate.

I don't believe I'm nice at all and neither do I care. If you think there's any value to trivial niceties, you're clearly too adolescent to be challenging me within any respect.

By the way, the first section of my reply is for everyone in this thread, and everyone on this board.

Whatever patience I once had this guy just casually exhausted, so you can thank him.

You're all on notice. You've all been warned.

Having an episode and having a disorder are different. People who hit all time lows are prone to suicide with or without a diagnosis or prior history of depression.

If you're gonna tell me that everyone who ever attempted suicide was or should've been diagnosed with clinical depression yoou need to reevaluate your argument.

>If you're gonna tell me that everyone who ever attempted suicide was or should've been diagnosed with clinical depression

This is correct. People who aren't depressed do not try to kill themselves, depression comes in more forms then the one which affected you.

"Clinical depression" is the biggest fucking meme in the entire goddamn world
It is an excuse for a doctor to give you meds and tell you to fuck off, instead of having to give you counselling (which is expensive)
If you're in a bad spot then go and get some fucking help, I've done it, lots of people have done it, in fact a huge huge number of people do it, especially these days.

Saying "oh, I'VE had REAL depression and YOU wouldn't UNDERSTAND" is a crock of shit, a steaming crock of shit, you are just trying to make a fucking excuse, "oh I have it so bad, to a level that nobody else does, I'm such a special fucking snowflake". No you are not because every fucking human being gets depressed and no matter how depressed you get there are always people who have had shittier lives than you so stop your fucking whinging.

Likewise saying "oh, I COULDN'T get out of bed!" is a crock of steaming shit as well, stop making up some bullshit as if some demon has possessed your fucking body, or like you were having a seizure. You CHOSE not to get out of bed. If you felt hugely depressed that you didn't want to get out of bed, fine. That makes sense. Lots of people have been like that. If that's you, go see a fucking doctor, go see a counsellor, sort your life out. As I said, lots of people do it, you don't have to be ashamed of it anymore. But "I COULDN'T get out of bed" like you're a special snowflake, like you have diabetes or something that you can't do anything about, get the fuck out of here and grow some fucking testicles and take some FUCKING responsibility for your life you CUNT.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Why are you so mad?
>inb4 wastes of sapce
Why are you so mad? Why can't you just get on with your own life?

>I need a doctor's note to commit suicide

Funny, because I have had this exact conversion with my psychiatrist. Who you know, is a medical professional. And I am just expressing her opinion.

>you are only depressed when the doctor says you are depressed.

You can be depressed without anyone telling you so.

Why is it so hard for some people to believe that depression exists as a legitimate mental illness?

You must be more intelligent than the whole of medical science, right? After all, you shitpost on a Japanese anime website

This thread is trash.

Because people spread so much shit about being depressed it's unreal. They act like they're a special snowflake, as if no one else in the world before has ever been depressed. It's horseshit. The reality is that EVERY human gets depressed at some point. Yes some people have worse lives and worse family situations and more difficult pressures in life which might make them more depressed more of the time but it's still a natural human reaction and it's not this invisible disease like tuberculosis that you contracted and can't do anything about. No. You can do something about it if you want, and you should probably take some time to remind yourself that there are lots of people in the world with much worse lives than you. If something in the world actually gave you a big kick up the arse you would probably stop being so depressed pretty quickly.

You are the problem with this board and society.

You're on the internet, amidst a wealth of information that's a mere few clicks from your finger tips. You clearly don't know what clinical depression refers to, yet you're so fucking eager to respond and use the word "meme" that you'd content to ignore all intellectual integrity just to ensure your immediate high. You're fucking despicable.

Clinical depression refers to a consistent feeling of apathy and loss of motivation. People with clinical depression have difficulty getting out of bed at night, let alone getting help and relieving themselves of their afflictions.

The kind of misinformed, ignorant depression you're referring to is the same depression that my previous post is taking a shit on, but of course you're too fucking retarded to recognize that.

You are telling people to live their own lives while you are incredibly caught up in what other people are doing, do you see the irony there?

>because people spread so much shit about being depressed it's unreal
You are LITERAL proof of what I was describing in this post: .

Depression is a legitimate and frightening affliction and retards parading it around on social media to garner attention and excuse their present and previous failures serves only to DEBASE IT, until we're left only with people like you who think depression is but a meme with no legitimacy.

>You must be more intelligent than the whole of medical science, right?
Basically yeah.

You're a c.u.c.k., fuck off
>information
It's horse shit
>You clearly don't know what clinical depression
I know exactly what it refers to
>People with clinical depression have difficulty getting out of bed at night
People with """clinical depression""" need to get a fucking grip

Look, choose to treat yourself with a doctor if you want to. It's not the only way though. People found a way to deal with it for literal CENTURIES, no wait, MILLENNIA before manufactured anti-depressants and "counselling" came along.

>"waah waah im more sad than you please give me your sympathies and attention"
all of you should just kill yourselves already

ITT: whiny millennials getting triggered

>You're a c.u.c.k.
Nice argument!
>it's horse shit
Nice argument!
>I know exactly what it refers to
Yet your posts and actual use of the word proves the contrary!

>people found a way to deal with it for literal CENTURIES
Are you sure? I think it's more likely that it the people weren't so easily complacent, because there was greater urgency then, and in the those few cases of legitimate depression died without others caring through the holistic disconnect society had prior to the internet.

Neat! Another misinformed opinion!

Clinical depression refers to the actual absence of emotion, to people who don't feel sadness or joy or anything.

Perhaps you're clinically retarded. Where's your handler? You shouldn't be perusing the Internet unsupervised!

faggot trips need not make any sort of input

Kek, instead of raging about ignorance maybe you yourself should be ignorant. Not any of the anons you were arguing with but

>Clinical depression refers to the actual absence of emotion, to people who don't feel sadness or joy or anything.

Is simply wrong, clinical depression is simply a form of depression more sever than 'normal' depression which manifests itself from a loss of some sort. There a time-frame (I think 3 months?) where if you are still depressed for that long on daily basis you are clinically depressed.

It has nothing to do with actual feelings of emotion, pretty dam sure those clinically depressed now what it is like to feel sad, me being one of them, diagnosed and everything.

I'm referring to clinical depression in its traditional sense, before its value was debased as psychiatrists were met with an unprecedented rush of those unable to simply accept their previous and present failures and the worth of being diagnosed with depression was lost to the wind.

>me being one of them
See the above text.

And when you're prompted to respond to me, see the above text again so I won't have to repeat myself.

>I'm referring to clinical depression
well all I can say to you is you have always been ignorant. No if's and or but's about it, you are simply wrong.

But Loveless is a good album and you're a big dumb butthead for not liking it and your farts smell worse than my farts for having a divergent opinion from mine.

The depression stuff is correct though.

What a fag lol.

>incomplete quotation
A fan of abandoning intellectual integrity when it's convenient for him, I see.
>you're ignorant because I say so
Noted.

I'm not even going to dignify with a response beyond this.

This is simply too stupid.

well this shitty thread got shittier fast

Whenever im feeling down I notice my taste significantly increases to near patrician status.

>being this ignorant
No saving you, what it means to be clinically depressed didn't suddenly change over night, the fact that you think so means that you are what you hate, a pretentious idiot who wants to be able to say
>I was depressed long before you were
>AND truly depressed at that
Everything I have told you came out of the mouth of my psychiatrist, NOT a psychologist, a fucking psychiatrist who worked in the mental wards of hospitals for 30 fucking years of her working career. I can guarantee you she knows more about the subject then you will ever claim to know. Nothing I have said is a personal opinion, it's that of a medical professional, as I stated earlier. It's not because 'I' said so, I don't know where you got that from? It's simple fact.

>trip-fag
Why the fuck did I even try?

>Clinical depression refers to the actual absence of emotion, to people who don't feel sadness or joy or anything.
right, because that can't be disproved by googling the medical definition of clinical depression or anything, retard
>Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems.
maybe you should try to be informed yourself before pretentiously blabbering on about how i'm the misinformed one, faggot.

>what it means to be clinically depressed didn't suddenly change over night
Words' meanings are ever-informed by society, but the public by whom they are used, you idiot. What it means to be clinically depressed absolutely did change and degenerate in response to people debasing the word and flooding psychiatric offices with bullshit testimonials fueled by an inability to accept their previous and present failures.

This is something that is objectively documented all through history, something that happens all the time.

>everything I have told you came out of the mouth of my psychiatrist
For several reasons this doesn't carry the weight you believe.

First, I highly doubt you visited her and presented the ideas I've expressed in these posts. That being the case, it would serve absolutely no purpose for her to inform you of archaic psychiatric definitions, so she wouldn't have deviated from the contemporary norm.

See

leave it to the trip to make the thread shitty

>For several reasons this doesn't carry the weight you believe.
Ignorance truly is bliss. I am going to take a trip-fag over the advice from an actual medical professional.

Ha, actually kill yourself.

What you're going to do is simply dismiss everything I've said and repeat something I just refuted to obscure the fact that you've no retort.

Haha, no. You kill yourself.

Edd G my dude le XD face

>he is actually still going