/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here.

>for Linux related READ THE STICKY SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ddg.gg/lite/

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any newfriends creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

newellsoldboys.com.ar/
tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/index.htm
port70.net/~nsz/c/c99/n1256.txt
helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-barcode-form-fields.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump, first, and repeating my question

>that's for one of the linux threads
not sure about /home/
maybe dd

the merge is gparted how to, there may be a yt video tutorial
>boot a live cd
>start gparted
>select sdc2
>partition
>delete
>select sdc3
>partition
>delete
>select sdc4
>partition
>delete
it may do the merge by itself at this point
>partition
>resize/move
that's my guess, idk if ext can be expanded while in use, you can also have a swap file instead of a partition
then you'd have to reinstall on sdc /which would be sdc2/

Thanks for the tips, going to try out an aggregate of a few tutorials I found online. Main problem is I wasn't thinking when I was going through the Debian setup, so I thought "fuck it, why split it to separate drives", then realized immediately after that there's a fuckton of packages I'd need, and that alone would probably fill up the SSD.

anybody know how to fix this on foobar

What version of foobar2000 and the youtube component are you using?

New semester just started

I picked software engineering (2nd year)

First thing they talked about is how the course is not about programming but how to "work efficiently with people" (aka corporate bureaucracy)

Is this stuff really practical to a codemonkey career? Should I drop this course?

Pic related: past exam paper

foobar 1.3.17
component 2.2.2

Being able to work in a team is pretty fucking important, but not enough to spend thousands of monopoly moneys learning about it. Find a course where they teach you something useful, like either how to write reusable, effective code or programming principles.
Pick up a book on the SOLID principles. You will be a much better programmer because of it, trust me.

> Should I drop this course?
yes. take compilers or security

Exam paper for 3rd year course

This is looking incredibly stupid and I don't know why people pay for this

Is uploading a doc file to Google docs and downloading it at home "lossless" or does Google docs have some propertiary gimmicks? I need it need for texts heavy of notes. It's for editing texts at library with a windows tablet. Is there any other portable doc editor?

If it's documents, then it should be lossless. Images should be too, but don't quote me on that.
Google has way too many server warehouses to care if your docx is a few extra kB.

I meant breaking the doc file that has editorial notes embedded in it and other more than text content. Doc files used to glitch when edited in different software but that was few years ago, maybe that changed now.

It happens on 95% of videos

Import Foundation

func input() -> String {
var keyboard = NSFileHandle.fileHandleWithStandardInput()
var inputData = keyboard.availableData
return NSString(data: inputData, encoding: NSUTF8StringEncoding) as! String
}

Why the fuck is it getting mad about NSUTF8StringEncoding? It says it wants a UInt not a string.encoding.....What the fuck? Why does this code work for everyone else.

Or an advanced level course in computer architecture.

How do I turn the Excel table that contains Name | Value1, Value2... into a table that looks like Value1 | Names.
For example I have a table like
X | 1 3 5
Y | 1 5
And what I am supposed to get is
1| X Y
3| X
5| X Y
I havea feeling that doing that manually like everybody else in office are doing isn't optinal.

i have a bunch of brother printers that are giving me a "Zero cross error". what the fuck does that mean and how do i fix it? can't find shit about it online and the manual doesn't tell me anything about it other than the name of the error

Save it as csv and write a program that does it.

Recording video on my smartphone it registers 1080p 2kbps as 14MB/min. But also 720p 2kbps as 14MB/min and 450p 2kbps as 14MB/min. Wtf.

What is this annoying bullshit? Using OpenCamera.

I'd like to stream an online radio through my raspberry so I could listen to it on my FM radio.
I've tried tons of tutorials and I can stream .wav files with it, but I can't stream the .m3u and .pls files, nor the stream link itself.
Could somebody help me out, please?

what could be causing my online vidya matches to lag, if they were 100% fine earlier, I have a good ping, 5 bars, and 0% packet loss? /vg/ insists its just because I'm on wifi but I just played a couple hours ago and it was fine.

My front panel I/O is kinda messed up, SPECIALLY the audio jack, wich i like using to plug in my headphones without having to reach for the back of the PC where the speakers are connected.
Is there any way to fix crappy ports like that ?

>I just played a couple hours ago and it was fine.
a couple of hours ago it didnt have as much interference i guess.
even if theres no other people connected to your wifi, other wifis or other signals can interfere with your connection.
also check your PC for backgorund applications using your net

Can anybody help me find a way to transfer my text messages and mms messages from galaxy s7 to iphone x?

I have tried move to ios = fail
i have tried wondershare mobile trans = fail
i have tried the only google play app i could find that would do it, octane sms = fail
my mobile carrier tells me they cant do it = fail
apple says they can only offer move to ios = fail

anybody got any ideas? surely there's a way!

What would cause my internet to be so fucked? A couple days ago I got fibre installed and now on my main pc every so often I won't be able to connect to most websites, aside from a couple like Sup Forums. Anything google related e.g. Youtube and captcha on here are fucked during these periods. Usually I can solve these issues on my own, but I have no idea what to google aside from "everything on the internet is fucked aside from Sup Forums". By fucked I mean it takes an infinite amount of time to load and usually results in a "page took too long to load" at the end or only the header loads.

Also I should mention the net is completely fine on every other device

whats your setup? just a standard router->modem? is your desktop wired? do you just use your ISP's DNS server or do you use someone elses (like googles)? what steps do you take to "fix it"?

A desktop pc running windows 10 over wifi. Just using a router/modem given to me by the isp, so I think I use their DNS too as I haven't touched that. So far I've turned the modem on and off, flushed the DNS, did the thing where you generate a new IP address through CMD. But I'm not sure what else to do, as I don't know what to google to get accurate results.

connecting directly with an ethernet cable will always be better than wireless. if you can use a cable do it.
also you can try getting a "wifi analyzer" for your phone and opening it to see wich wifi channels are more saturated. you may change your router to a less saturated channel to get less interference.

>where you generate a new IP address through CMD

that isnt a real thing, you probably just mean /renew/release/etc right? anyway that doesnt give you a new ip but it doesnt really matter in your case since your ip isnt the issue (as long as you have one). if its not giving you a dhcp error than you have an ip and youre good to go.

if i were you, i would boot into a linux distro on a USB drive on the same computer and see if it behaves the same. that would be a good way to limit the issue to the actual internet and not your windows install/drivers. if both behave badly it could also be a failing wifi card.

you should log in to your router and see what channel/signal your computer is connecting on and check the error log for any issues. you can typically do so with 192.168.0.1 (your default gateway)

How to get a user's logon history using the command line on Windows? The output has to be displayed in the command line.

Should I go for cst cert or cs degree. I would probably need to upgrade to get the degree is it worth it?

Is it still possible to modify the new firefox' css like you used to with Stylish?

Long story short, I downloaded something and it is packed as a .srep file. The folder has a file called srep.exe which I assume it's an equivalent to 7zip, winrar, winzip, etc.

What I wanna know is if there's a command to uncompress my .srep file while also manually telling it where should the uncompressed files go.

I have a problem with USB ports on my Windows 7 machine. Whenever I plug in a USB stick, the explorer stops dead in its tracks and after a while I get a blue screen memory dump and a forced reboot. But if the PC boots with the stick plugged in, it works fine. It's definitely a software issue because the same thing works well on any OS besides W7. Attempts at reinstalling USB drivers from various sources do nothing though. What could be the cause of this shit?

I got a displayport to DVI adapter, but it doesn't work with my desktop (GTX 1060). Works with my Thinkpad X220, though. Any ideas on a fix?

How the FUCK do i get a ISO9001 Certification?
I'm working as an IT assistant in a custom products manufactory and i don't even know where to start

my a6 3500 isnt moving any higher than pic related, if i try to change the frequency it applies in bios but doesnt show when i bootup

any way to fix?

should i buy intel processors or are they still fucked?
also, how true is the "AMD sucks for emulation" meme?

that meme only exists because emulator makers are too retarded to optimize their shit for AMD hardware

I need some help troubleshooting a boot failure on my roommates pc.
Motherboard leds and (((rgb))) turns on when the pc is plugged in, but it can't be turned on (not by the case switch, nor by removing it and shorting the pins directly).
We've tried unplugging and replugging all the connectors, reseating the gpu and ram (and booting with 1 and 0 sticks of ram).
Also tried unplugging the ssd.
I'n all cases the fans do not spin up at all, nothing whatsoever happens when the power button is pressed.
Google in general tells me that this is probably PSU related, but idk.
the PC is ~2-3 weeks old, self built and worked fine until he left for a vacation a week ago. It's been unplugged those days, and is now borken. Do we RMA the PSU?

How the fuck do I turn on legacy captcha? I don't see it anywhere in the settings.

There's no optimization that can fix AMD's poor STP which is what emulators use. Kys.

>using kys as an insult still
i see somebody is too young to be using this website

I have a 200 page book that I need digitized with selectable text. Now, I can take my time and go through it, typing it all down. What I'm wondering, though, is there any way I can automate the process? Has anyone here done something like that?

late reply but getting the beta version of the component fixed this for me

How can I convert a 1000 page pdf file to a Word document (.doc or .docx) for free?

Scan the pages then use OCR and correct it manually

>>Caring about it
>i see somebody is too young to be using this website
^ Indeed.

Sup Forums help please I don't want to click on all the stop signs it takes like 3 clicks

People have been saying "kill yourself" since I started using Sup Forums. Way to out yourself as a newfag :^)

so i have a stupid question

i havnt cleaned my browser history since.. i dont even remember, probably like a year

does it eventually effect performance in any way?

is there any plus to regularly cleaning it?

Hi all, I'm trying to learn about iptables and its related ooption, so I can just put one rule about torrent and it will manage itself along thje ports it will need. Am I understand it wrong?

Hello my friends. I have built a computer, however I have a question about the fan controller that I put in it. It is a lamptron fc-2. It is powering six fans, but it looks as though they are not spinning at full power even when i crank that bitch up all the way. The fan controller has three molex connectors, I'm only using one. Would plugging in more make the fans spin at full force? If so, should I use one PSU port for each cable or would a triple molex power splitter work just as well?
pic related: my face right now, i am very thoughtful.

What android app do you you to browse different chans?

Bought a used drive, and ran Crystal Disk Info, is it time to return this?

What is tge safest backup method? Recently I found that USB drive life is limited. HDD life is 250,000 hours average. SSD is much shorter. What do you guys think? USB drive TLC? HDD? SSD? Or micro sd card?

HDD and SSD are both fine. Make sure you boot up the ssd every few months, otherwise they're pretty interchangeable. Both have a few % chance of dying any given year of active use. There's also archival DVD/Bluray disks if you don't need to store as much. Whatever you do, make sure you're never relying on a single copy. The more the better, ideally at a different location or cloud.

Who dat cat?

Legacy is dead. Use 4chanX with "Captcha Fixes" and "Force Noscript Captcha". You still pick 3, but you don't have to take your hands off the keyboard, and you don't have to do multiple pages.

>Incorrectly typed windows activation key
>Now I don't get the option to input another it just goes through a constant process of trying to validate the invalid key and failing

How do I stop this shit without ringing microsoft?

why do I feel the happiest working when I don't have to follow shitty "best practices" and am allowed to have variable names like "x,y,z,x1,x2,a1,a2,a3,a4" instead of "string ExplainWhatTheFuckThisShitDoesInCamelCase"

KMS Auto

how do I play playlists in reverse order in mpv?

overchan is the best

history? no

cache? yes

Why do most budget laptop use 64 bit windows as their preinstalled OS when most of them have 2gb ram? Wouldn't it make the laptop slower because of using under recommend specs for 64bit OS?

a lot of new shit isn't supported on 32bit OSes

>overchan
It had trouble displaying images from 4x2 chan.
it gave 404 error.

cripplekikechan is retarded in particular

overchan works smooth for every other imageboard

whoismining says that this page newellsoldboys.com.ar/ (the official webpage of an argentinian football club) is not mining with coinhive but when I enter I see a miner script. Can someone enter and tell if the page has a miner?

open it in adobe acrobat and export it to a Word document

i'm a retard, how to set full hd wallpaper on my 1280x1024 monitor, without it looking like shit?

How do you download Spotify Playlists as mp3s?
The only working tool I found just finds the same song on YouTube and uses youtube-dl and either downloaded most of them live or as covers( Maybe because they aren't available on YouTube)

who the fuck uses mms

export it to your SIM card memory and have your iphone restore messages from it. should work for SMS at least

are you..... from /fgg/?

check if any torrents/network related process have started in the background. ctrl shift esc

But won't using 2gb ram on x64 slow it down a lot?

I'm trying to understand the C language, and how I can use it as effectively as possible. I snagged the Gentoomen Library but I'm not sure what I should consider a good starting point. Do you have any suggestions for a good C textbook (to start understanding the syntax, limitations, and to learn how to interpret the code by reading it) and reference guides (for the future, hopefully with the standard libraries as well)?

not really, it depends on your processor and how many/what kind of processes you're trying to run at once

x64 is just an architecture

K&R C is good but it has a lot of irrelevant stuff

tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/index.htm is pretty good

also just read the ISO C99 standard thoroughly after you're done with this, you won't need to read anything else

port70.net/~nsz/c/c99/n1256.txt

How do you organize your stuff?

PDFs, text documents, random images off the internet, etc

I never used the system documents folder for it is cluttered with random program data.

I want a clean desktop.

why don't you just grab the script itself and post it

also newells sucks ass boludo lmaooooo

I googled "zero cross error printer" and found it instantly

My ancient laptop charger had the wire just pop and smoke started coming out of where it popped.

First off, what happened there? And more importantly, can I just buy any old charger off the Internet that says it's compatible? Or should I be avoiding certain ones for some reason? Ta

Folders and sub-folders.
~/user/Videos/cartoons for example.

Because you a professional fizzbuzzer who never worked on a project that has more then 100 variables in total or that takes more then a couple of days to fully make from scratch and debug.

I've got a bunch of random old HDDs from old laptops/computers I've had over time, however, after consolidating all my data to a single 1TB drive, the rest of my drives are sitting around doing nothing.
What's something I can do with some old hard drives?

How was that site that had a lot of tests/coding challenges to prepare for interviews called?

Can't download it from anywhere. The links on MDL can never be reached and from everywhere else it's just a load of meme toolbars and the like.

Is there a PDF reader/creator that support this
helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-barcode-form-fields.html
Other than adobe?

Under what conditions are chosen ciphertext attacks mathematically more secure than just chosen plaintext attacks?

I was just looking at the 2, and while chosen ciphertext is said to be more secure, and intuitively so because its inclusive of plaintext, but I couldn't really think of a way to show that it covers some decryption method that you couldn't achieve with chosen plaintext.

Hey Sup Forums I'm learning powershell and I'm curious about the verb-noun thing.

Is it just a best practice / norm for a command or are the verb and noun SEPARATE commands that are linked trough a '-'?

Like in get-help is:
Get-help a single command or
Get is a default command for getting objects and Help is like a function or something.

I have 2 external USB3.0 drives, same model and what not, so I'd assume they've got similar performance. Since these are the results from over USB3.0, would it be worth stripping the enclosure to install them over SATA? I've got plenty of SATA connectors and cables to spare, so it isn't a problem.
Also, if I were to do that, would it also be worth it to just RAID 0 them or something to get some extra speeds? Or would it just be wasted on such weak drives?

Hey Sup Forums how do I put my virtual box guest in the same network as my host but with a different IP?

Imagine I have 192.168.0.x
And my host is 192.168.0.5 and I want my guest as 192.168.0.6?

I tried to search on Google but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for so my keywords didn't come up with anything.

I got it working, thanks senpai. Once I solve this unsupported hardware meme popup, I'll be a happy camper indeed.

I would like to set a RELATED iptables rule about torrenting but I can't find anything clear on the net. I will be good with the port and the state or do I need something more?

Trying again with this
Anyone know how to fix ranger crashing when trying to open images with feh? Only happens in a folders with many pictures(7000+), and I get the error:
>"[Errno 7] Argument list too long: '/bin/sh'"
So I guess it tries to write all filenames in the folder to open or something?
When opening a image from the folder with feh directly it works, so it shouldn't be a problem with it.

i got beta access to GeForce NOW (game streaming) but don't own any games to test with. And I don't want to buy anything which won't run on my t430s after the beta ends.

Recommend me please some free to play and hardware demanding games to try that shit.

ty

In VMWare lingo it's called bridged networking instead of NAT. That way your gust will get an IP address from the same DHCP server as your host does.