John Cage's 4'33"

How does Sup Forums feel about this performance?

youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

It's not a great recital really, I take issue with the beep of the timer, I take issue with the dress of the pianist. It's all a bit cluttered I think.

Degeneracy

Shouldn't even bother posting that here. Above everyone's heads and this whole thread will devolve into memes. They'd rather listen to Memehead and Meme Grips.

>Memehead
Motorhead?

Revolutionary and important to how we undestand the true nature of musak

most pretentious thing i've ever seen

sounds a lot like the song my first lay was singing

i could play that song

is was okay. the timer was a bit distracting though. someone else should have indicated to stop so that he could focus on not playing the composition, instead of on the timer

as far as the significance of this work, i'd say it's simply meme music that people would joke about before Cage considered the idea. Cage had simply decided to publish a unoriginal idea about silence in music

Pseudo-intellectual garbage.

Radiomemes

Interesting idea, nice when seen live but not something you can really listen to a recording of. Sup Forums plebs will shit on this recording because they never leave their rooms so probably haven't actually seen it performed.

Very very deep
5/5 on my RYM

Horrible performance. Don't waste your time one it, listen to the Glenn Gould recording.

>Sup Forums doesn't like it because they haven't watched someone waste their time irl instead of listening to it on YouTube.

He plays it too fast for my liking.

definitely brings an interesting idea to the table of music. Not for listening obviously.

im not sure what new this performance is trying to say? somehow making fun of cage and saying its super outdated concept? as far as im concerned this is just entertainment value theatrics and adds nothing new to the conversation.

>people clapping at the end

i think 4'33 is th most important piece of western art music of all time btw just hate this performance. it seems like a cheap joke.

fuck off Montie
all the music you like is shit
godfuckingdamn

If only anyone cared about your RYM.

idk but the crowd got epik trolled

it has nothing to do with silence you uncultured retard. the song is whatever sound is currently heard. from shuffling to coughing to the wind blowing outside. silence plays NO part whatsoever in this piece.

>Above everyone's heads

It's just an ambient "field recording" piece where the sounds of the environment are supposed to be the song. No?

Not exactly that complicated. It's interesting and experimental, but debatable whether it's "good".

4'33" is the definition of reddit-tier pseudo intellectualism

Finally a piece I can play perfectly

it has everything to do with silence. all other noises are unexpected and unintentional and therefore not a piece of the compostion. that's the composition. the instructions of the piece are to not play. these noises would be mere annoyances with music. without it they stand out. the silence of the instruments allow them to be heard and that's the point of the composition you pseudo intellectual retard.

cage will always be a hack. his idea is unoriginal and self-aggrandizing and can be heard anywhere there is a "moment of silence".