Can technology cure depression?

Can technology cure depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalresearch.ca/making-money-from-addiction-30-million-americans-on-antidepressants-and-20-other-facts-about-americas-big-pharma-nightmare/5399444
magic-flight.com/
examine.com/supplements/evodia-rutaecarpa/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quite the opposite

Just masks the symptoms IMO

Not unless it's a neutral implant, just take some shrooms a few times and it will treat it

Drugs are technology!

Electroshock is technology

Catgirls are technology!

Waifus are technology!

>just take some shrooms a few times and it will treat it
If only it were that easy...
From my experience, psychedelics did seem to help me somewhat, but it's definitely temporary and only half a solution, like antidepressants are.

>it's definitely temporary and only half a solution
Just like life.

Hammer all your tech

only if you crank up the volume and don't react to neighbours?

Fuck no it causes like half of it

Yes, unless you're a poorfag or tech illiterate.

Bologna

It can make it worse

pirate comedy shit

I've done SSRIs, anti-psychotics, and buprenorphine. The bupe worked sort of, but got me fucked up, couldn't eat cuz of nausea, and also caused insomnia. Thinking of trying acid, shrooms and testosterone.

No.

Well, if you define broadly technology, then no, probably not in our lifetime.

If you ask about viewing dank memes, Sup Forums posts, yt videos and torrenting movies and games, then the answer would be a resounding, resolving and resolute maybe.

Why maybe you ask? It depends on you. Do you want to cover your depression by consuming entertainment for the rest of your life?

St. John’s Wort, melatonin, light therapy and Prisma Ilya

No because depression is caused by problems you're running away from and not facing. Technology will only further help you runaway from those problems and dig your hole deeper. Find out what's making you sad all the time and fucking deal with it. If you're a fatass, lose weight. If you're weak as shit go to the gym. If you're lonely, go become social irl. Ect ect.

Until you face your problems and deal with them your mind is going to slowly consume itself until it convinces you to take a loaded gun and fucking shoot yourself because it knows misery is all it will probably go through for decades to come.

What if you are mentally ill? Not op.

This is what many people did. Even worst: they watched TV. At least we get to choose which media we want to watch.

Then you fucking get psychiatric help. But honestly most of the people popping pills do it BECAUSE they want to runaway from their problems which is absolutely pathetic.

Make sure you're not one of those people because popping pills does more harm than good if you're not actually sick.

Why can't they just fix depression?

Because for 99% of cases that's something only you can do, no amount of pills will ever fix that. Only when people finally face their problems and deal with then can they find peace and be freed from depression.

America is probably the only nation where people are legally addicted to drugs and the government is helping do that.

>"The amount of money that the pharmaceutical industry is raking in is astronomical. It has been reported that Americans spentmore than 280 billion dollarson prescription drugs during 2013."

globalresearch.ca/making-money-from-addiction-30-million-americans-on-antidepressants-and-20-other-facts-about-americas-big-pharma-nightmare/5399444

SSRIs do fix depression, it's just that people are suspicious of a chemical solution. The side effects are usually not terrible, although they can be bad in rare cases.

Often the best way to treat mild/moderate depression is just to exercise but self improvement is a hard sell.

fpbp

I thought SSRIs were bad

>no amount of pills will ever fix that.
the goys know, THE GOYS KNOW, SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

They are a blunt instrument but they do work. People who claim they didn't probably just needed a higher dose. They start you off with 20mg daily for depression but you can go up to 50mg in severe cases.

They are if your depression can be treated like said. But who wants to do all that hard work when they can just pay their monthly insurance premium to keep them coked up on a cocktail of drugs to force their brains to be chemically happy.

Antidepressants are not a panacea though, I take amitriptyline which does make me more stable but not great.

Technology enables many new forms of
- escapism
- problem solving
- knowledge acquisition
- etc.
All of the above may help or worsen the situation by helping or worsening the symptoms or underlying issues.
This response brought to you by the vagueness dept.

IIRC they had some really bad sides to them, and psychiatry is still a bit of a soft "science", due to ethics and all.
If we could go all Unit 731 on test subjects - sans the sadism, but actually maximizing the benefits received - we'd be a lot further.
Gotta balance the needs of the many and the needs of the few tho, either extreme's not fun.

Is depression literally, you're fucked accept that you're fucked forever and deal with it accordingly.

I feel depression is like when they were building you they forgot some screws and now you're glitchy.

>it convinces you to take a loaded gun and fucking shoot yourself
I'm just living until this moment happens. As it stands, I don't want to die, so I have wait until my mind breaks down further.

Man, I'm srsly out of the loop here. What's the battery operated widget, vaporizer?

Yes magic-flight.com/

man, i miss my flight box

But you just said you don't want to die right now, why are you still walking down this road? Are you punishing yourself?

Out of all the options this probably has to be the worst way to deal with depression. Brain damage and short term effects definitely outweigh the benefits. If you really wanna go down the shitty route why not just get hooked on opiods and keep upping the dose until you die?

lol

Guys, I've had depression since my teenage years and if you've had it for a while you start to learn some shit about it. The reason why it's not solved is because it's a complicated illness. Similar to your car having multiple sub-systems that can fail to cause it to under perform or not perform at all, so too can your body break down in similar ways. Some things to rule out: sleep apnea (can self-diagnose wearing an oximeter that collects data while sleeping and you can also record yourself and listen for apneas), thyroid (you can order your own labs for thyroid, do more than look at TSH but look at free t3, free t4, reverse t3, you can also measure your AM temperatures and if they're under 97.3 when you wake up you very much likely have a thyroid illness), hormones - order labs for testosterone, estrogen, LSH, FSH to see how your HPTA is functioning. These are just some of the sub-systems that can break down. OK so if that's all cleared up I'd go for one of these medications or herbs right away: tianeptine, st johns wort, wellbutrin, or an SSRI. You may have already gone down this path, so if not skip this step, but do try wellbutrin + SSRI before giving up. If you haven't heard of tianeptine, it's legal over-the-counter and works well - look it up. EXERCISE is a better treatment than medications and in fact, the way I learned to manage my depression was tianptine + EXERCISE. All you need to do is 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week so says the literature and it's AS EFFECTIVE as an antidepressant and in fact as a MONOTHERAPY works better for decreasing the probability of remission! But I said drugs before exercise, because if you're reading this you probably already knew that and it's hard to self-motivate yourself. My trick: just put on your running shoes and walk outside every day. If at that point you don't want to go for a run don't go for a run, it'll just increase the chances.

or you could just take magnesium, 50k IU vitamin d3 and melatonin lol

Because running away is all I know and ultimately, it is because I'm too lazy to do anything about it so I have no one but myself to blame.

The next thing to focus on is OPTIMIZING YOUR CIRCADIAN RHYTHM. When you wake up go outside (for a run would be ideal). If you're too depressed/lazy to do that go buy a SAD lamp and play computer while having that thing shine in your eyes for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Those things are awesome. DRINK COFFEE. I've found it super useful for depression and the studies show it'll decrease your chance of suicide with a u-shaped dose curve where something like 4 cups/day is IDEAL. Personally, I like to keep my coffee drinking in the morning so to minimize it's effect on my nightly sleep, but you can also take RUTACARPINE before bed to help your body CLEAR OUT ALL OF THAT CAFFEINE examine.com/supplements/evodia-rutaecarpa/. Also take some Glycine before bed (at least a gram). Get your VITAMIN D tested and make sure it's in optimal range, I take 50,000IU once weekly as it's fat-soluble and there are studies backing once weekly dosing and I'm lazy so that's how I do it. TRY neurotransmitter loading - take a b-vitamin supplement, take 5-htp (if you're on an SSRI don't do this unless you know what you're doing), and take L-Tyrosine or DLPA for nutritional precursers to dopamine. FEED your body what it NEEDS.

Wasn't done, but I agree on the magnesium and personally cannot take more than .5mg of magnesium or else it fucks up my dreams and ruins my sleep thus causing MORE depression

take 50mg zinc picolinate

DIET is important and you probably have a shitty diet and aren't paying attention to it because you think diet is too basic to cure your complex needs. Fortunately/unfortunately diet is very powerful. There are studies on fruits and veggies and quality of life. I highly suggest getting into GREENS smoothies. Not a lot of sugary fruit, but a lot of greens so it doesn't taste too amazing but it will make you feel awesome.

Go keto and skull some whey + maltodextrin after you lift

morning stack: maltodextrin lemonade and whey with a side of 10000 iu vitamin d, creatine, zinc, vitamin b5 b6 b12, selenium, 400mg magnesium taurate, vitamin c, vitamin e, l-theanine and weed

you're a true keto warrior if you have guacamole and peanut butter and chicken for breakfast like a true low carb dieter

who here make mashed potatoes and pizza out of cauliflower like a mutated keto warrior

if you munch on pork rinds in front of the tv screen like a true paleo avatar

retweet if starch is worse than cunt and nigger in your dictionary

once the russian nuke causes yellowstone to erupt, the ZOG would have to find a new host

why do you think so many jewish delis have (((sandwiches))) #keto

atkins is my dietary hitler

for maximum results, install cloveros on your thinkpad

I take them and they're pretty helpful, not bad side effects other than vivid dreams.

I took 100k vitamin d3 a few days in a row, that was cool.

vacation or you live there?

GUYS LOOK AT ME I'M THE MOST DEPRESSED
TFW NO GF AMIRIGHT

truth

where is this?

Not yet

nothing can

Ignorance is the only cure for depression.

Because its a neurological disorder that can`t just be "fixed" by popping a few pills.

This reply deserves +1 internet to you sir, well played :)

Went for a walk, i already feel better at least until a wake up tomorrow.