Who's hyped for the return of the greatest band

Who's hyped for the return of the greatest band
2016 is gonna be a good year

I really hope Damon tops Plastic Beach. I'm hyped as fuck.

Hopefully, plastic beach was rad. Sadly not as popular as the other albums.
Although melancholy hill was playing in a store which surprised me

i'm pretty excited, gorillaz is literally the only one of Damon Albarn's project i like besides a couple of blur songs

if you don't reply to this then Gorillaz will never release a new album

WE NEED TO PREPARE A MEME

Better be, Plastic beach was shit compared to their other albums.

i thought plastic beach was good, but i prefer the style of their first two albums over plastic beach's

Yeah, their older stuff is better but plastic beach wasn't bad.

Predictions for features or sounds?

I was thinking about Gorillaz taking a jazzy route but idts anymore. What do you guys think.

i personally hope the new album sounds kind of like the self-titled album, with a few twists and turns to still make it sound different.

Me too. They're my favorite band of all time, so any news about upcoming projects excites me.

>tfw you know it's gonna be worse than Demon Days

It can't be topped.

Agreed
Self titled is my fav release.

They are my favorite as well
I would have to pick self titled but only for Clint Eastwood and 19-2000 (remixes included)

Albarn already confirmed it's going to be mostly up-tempo for a start

For me, my fav tracks on s/t are Re-Hash, 5/4, Sound Check and a Tomorrow Comes To Day. But the ones you've stated are pretty GOAT too.
Thank god.

I like their upbeat songs more then their slower ones. Still great though

I'm so excited. I can't even image the new sounds, the songwriting and cool shit on their new LP this year. I've heard it's a double album, too. LCD Soundsystem definitely my favorite band of a time.

Gorillaz will be pretty cool too

Imagine a collaboration between James Murphy and Gorillaz, a la DoYaThing.

Damon said in an interview that he's ditching the keyboard, so maybe this will go in a more rock/punk route (like M1A1 or Punk from s/T) and I'm pretty sure Bowie may have recorded something for the album before he died.

DoYaThing is pretty much their best song period. I have no idea how will they top it.

let's hope damon recovers his laptop

I read Noel Gallagher is going to feature.

It's good, but Clint Eastwood and 19-2000 are my favs.
Third best music video though

The sad thing is that Gorillaz fanbase is quite shitty. Would even dare to say that more cringey than (I know that we only talk about music here k) the Undertale fanbase.
That's what happens when you want to make a story with all the albums in a cartoon manner, people with grab characters and force them to horrible situations, I guess.

Helwett put a video on his Instagram with two collab artists singing. I hope they return to hip hop

I just hope they keep a mix of all the styles.
They usually do

I saw an article around 2 months before Bowie died that said there was a possible Bowie/Gorillaz project in the works. So you're probably right.

>mix of all the styles
That would be the most disappointing thing they could put out.

Each album has a very distinct genre/style and it would be great to see them either try a new genre and stick to it or return to the s-t or Demon Days style.

Personally, s-t is my favourite album and I'd love to see another hip hop gorillaz album

Fuck off

Not what I meant
I mean that songs in their albums have different styles.
Like 19-2000 vs Sound check
or Feel good inc vs Don't get lost in heaven

Oh yeah, that makes more sense.

Either way, judging from teasers, it definitely seems like they're going back to hip hop.

PB is the second best

kek

bumping with hype