Thoughts about this album and beach party as a whole?

thoughts about this album and beach party as a whole?

Levitation might be their best song ever. Wish they had explored more of the shoegaze sound that's in the 2nd half of that sound + Sparks.

Love them overall. Bloom is my favorite with Teen Dream and Devotion close behind. They're not genre bending but they do dream pop consistently well

>beach party

>beach party

lmao beach party

I thought it sounded just like each and everyone of thier other albums, ok but tiresome after awhile

>Levitation might be their best song ever.
no kidding, i'm going to see another one of their shows this year just because they didn't play levitation at the last one

I was so hyped for DC and when it came out I found it actually at Best Buy and bought the CD mostly due to the singles I heard come off of it.
I thought that the first singe that came out was really good and sounded like Slowdive.

Sadly the album is boring as hell, and I think that Beach House has all but been forgotten about in recent months.

I think it's a good record. I still find myself coming back to it when I'm in a BH head space. My favorite BH project...tho probably not their best

How come nobody likes thank your lucky stars? The traveler is one of my favorite songs

Also is there recording for their recent coachella show?

>depression cherry
what does it mean?

Pretty underrated, it has gems like Levitation, Sparks and Days of Candy. Plebs felt underwhelmed because "sounds teh same xdXdXdxD" and that was unfair because Depression Cherry sounds more fresh than Bloom.

Their second best album, Teen Dream is their best.

sparks, bluebird, PPP, days of candy, 1037, space song are GOAT.

bloom > depression cherry > teen dream > devotion > thank your lucky stars > s/t

agree

Yep, I'll be honest and say I thought Bloom was great in the moment, but the sound hasn't held up well. Or maybe I've changed as a listener. Probably both

THE BRANCHES OF THE TREES THEY WILL HANG LOWER NOW

DC and Bloom are the only two albums by them that I can listen to many, many times without getting bored. I was never a fan of Teen Dream outside of Zebra, Norway, and Take Care. I suppose it'll grow on me eventually.

You really couldn't get into 10 Mile Stereo? That song bumps.

Weird Bloom is still my favorite. Myth, Wild, Lazuli, New Year are just stellar

They have a few good tracks, but as a whole they're rather unambitious.
I hate that they're the face of dream pop

Me too. The fact is dream pop is a pretty stagnant genre. When it's good, it's good but it's very easy to make super bland and generic dream pop and it's unfortunately over-saturated with it.
I don't think Beach House is super bland and generic (yet), but I do worry that they're going to continue to make Teen Dream clones. They better not go down the Tame Impala route either and make dancey dream pop or whatever.

Isn't Bloom bouncy or dance-y dream pop really tho? If anything, DP and TYLS were both projects to pivot away from that.

Teen Dream > Bloom = s/t > Devotion = Depression Cherry > Thank Your Lucky Stars

There's a torrent on kickass that has every Coachella 2016 performance.

I liked Thank Your Lucky Stars it just feels pointless as an LP. Its basically just B-sides from Depression Cherry. In my opinion it should be labelled as an EP because its just not up to their LP standards really.

Perhaps. Lazuli is pretty danceable. 2bh I'm not even sure what dancey dream pop is really supposed to sound like.
Maybe I'm still just butthurt over Currents.

the first time i heard that song was in the middle of winter, i started crying on the last bus home from work

Bloom is still the best sound record I own. I think it's my favorite of theirs. I didn't like DC much at first but it really grew on me, I really like Beyond Love and Space Song

As a TI fan, I can see how Currents is a disappointment as a project from an aesthetic perspective, but there's too many good ideas and sounds throughout for me to dislike personally. Those hooks whew

One of the things I admire about Depression Cherry is it's superb track listening. The first half is flawless and the only real weak tracks are Wildflower and Bluebird (also the first 10 seconds of 10:37). But Days of Candy is a fantastic closer and makes up for it.

this my guy

Their self titled s one of my personal favorites, it got me into them

It's a very cozy album if nothing else. Very good for cloudy days.

hahahaha nobody cares

You cared enough to reply.

I care bruh. The first half of the album is perfectly sequenced

All their albums sound the same, which isn't a bad thing because they're all like high 6s low 7s

Second favorite band.

Amazing live, and Devotion is the comfiest album ever made. Depression Cherry is the definition of a grower; every listen is so lush to me that I can taste cherry in my mouth when I listen to it, now.

What's your first and third favorite?

I love wildflower.

No better color, man.

That song legit makes me cry.

They opened with Levitation when I saw them in chicago this year and it was glorious.

montie cleans up nicely

8/10

What the fuck I thought Montie's gf was like a 4/10
She's pretty cute desu

Cure for insomnia.