Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEHhH8k1yhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Techno > Breakbeat > UK Garage > House > Hip-hop

>

Garage > Breakbeat > Hip-Hop > Techno > House

>electronica
off yourself lad

Whats a better umbrella for these predominately electronically produced music genres for dancing and home listening without including industrial, EAI, musique concrete, electracousmatic, noise and pop music?

I'm a big fan of old-skool funky-breaks (fresh remix edition) part II

breaks > house > garage > techno > hip hop

shit

This guy gets it.

epic Sup Forumsro xD

Techno > House > Breakbeat > UK Garage > Hip-hop

IDM > Drum & Bass > Trip Hop > House > Ambient

this

garbage opinion

I figured IDM or Trip hop would trigger somebody. Eh, whatever.

Actually drum & bass is the cringy one

*techno > breaks = breaks > house > not exclusively electronic

FTFY

>didnt include OPs genres and replaced it with your token rockist genres
>ambient the lowest
>idm and drum & bass that high
>trip hop above house

techno is shit pham

DELETE THIS

I'm very, very picky when it comes to D&B. I'm listening to Devious Methods by Hive right now. Do you like Hive?

Yeah, was debating that before I made the list...but I said fuck.

I didn't say it was good, I said IDM falls under techno

Techno producers will never produce artistic music because all they care about is making music danceable or chill, they just don't have the musicianship and compositional ability required to do so. Vid related - this is what you should be doing with the latest technology, using it as an extension of your musical virtuosity. Using "loops" in an intelligent way, conscious of Reich and the avant garde minimalists, conscious of the krautrock roots of electronica. Being able to time loops perfectly in real time. Using post-experimental sample fukery instead of shitty "atmospheric" reverbed kicks with boring "melodies". Combining the endless digital tracker tones with the dynamic timbres of the funk sample to increase the extent that the same rhythmic or even harmonic tones can play off of each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=jEHhH8k1yhs

Is there contemporary patrician Techno music? In a word, absolutely. But it's represented by avantgarde post-progressive composers taking influence from both old funk and new breakbeat movements and using progeria like Renoise, the successor to Scream Tracker, not by some hack in a warehouse blasting an endless I-I-I-I progression over a TB303.

Technotards are some of the most solipsistic in the world because they don't seem to realize that even the most "cutting-edge DJs" they can think of are 20-30 years behind the curve of _actual_ electronic music development.

Honestly to hear the way some of you get indignant when I bring this up. You don't realize that you're listening to the most populist, retrogressive, kindergarten exponent of the "style" you pretend to champion, and the worst part is the irony is completely lost on you. Jungle, neurofunk/DnB and juke composers are paving the way in electronic music. Instead you champion the niche retard movement which is equivalent to classical *muzak*, smooth jazz, and heavy metal as a genre/movement.

8.5/10 breaks album: Amon Tobin - Bricolage
8.5/10 techno album: [ERROR NOT FOUND]

quality b8 my friend
was bleep not giving you the reactions you desired so you decided to post it here?

You know you can like more than one thing and you can like them all for different reasons ?
Anyway here's your (you)

Breakbeat > hiphop > house > garage > techno

hip hop = breakbeat = garage > techno = house

Homo hop recs?

why would you even care about it being artistic? as long as it's enjoyable to listen to, it doesnt matter.

Young Thug

jungle

Techno is one of my favourite (even though I understand people who don't like it or dont see any talent inn it) but it's one of the most polyvalent music of all (not only with remixes, but also fusions, and peronal taste that makes two techno beats completly different) Hip hop has degradated so badly, that two different artists are making some very similar music, even tho I like jazzy Hiphop a lot too.

But i think techno has a huge future ahead of it due to it's 4/4 beat and the oportunity it gives to young artists to create some really diferent things

Rave culture is coming back, so Techno will naturally follow, good times

untz untz untz

wow

Techno >>> House > UK Garage >> Breakbeat > Hip Hop

UK Garbage

More appropriate.

:^)

techno=house>hip hop>ukg=breakbeat