Recommend me some good music, Sup Forums. As for what I like, let's just use this album as a reference point...

Recommend me some good music, Sup Forums. As for what I like, let's just use this album as a reference point, I've been listening to it a lot lately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8cdAsbSyRo
youtu.be/lNDwvncWRyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sT0g16_LQaQ
life-on-the-murder-scene.tumblr.com/post/20292532956/this-is-the-suicide-letter-blink-182-received-that
youtube.com/watch?v=aQakCeVa48M
youtube.com/watch?v=xvbEyU-GrQs
youtube.com/watch?v=i6pzaRulgg0
youtube.com/watch?v=0AAO92foBwA
youtube.com/watch?v=y_zYU_xBPTQ
youtu.be/-26lLgooQoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3N8qc_bktRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me

now fuck off

Why so hostile?

youtube.com/watch?v=n8cdAsbSyRo

Social Distortion and the descendents' first album is a good place to start if you like pop punk

I prefer 7 Seconds

>Social Distortion

Sorry, I missed this one. This is actually awesome.

All you need desu.

I just did a 3x3 of my last 12 months of listening. I guess a lot of stuff didn't get scrobbled but I'm fine with it (except I haven't listened to NOFX that much, too jew-y).

I actually gave it a listen and it's not my thing. The Social Distortion s/t mentioned is pretty nice though.

Beastiality Funk from the 60's...yep

youtu.be/lNDwvncWRyQ

Blink 182 - take off your pants and jacket

How do they NOT sound like whiny fuckin brats with minimal musical ability?

It's pop punk dude

Thanks dude. I actually never checked it out but meant to, thanks for the reminder.

I'd listen to Enema of the State before though because Take Off is a direct "sequel" to Enema.

>tfw no pop-punk general

Ah. I see. Pop punk is regular punk made by faggots. I don't mind obnoxious music, but they're some other level of wimpy whiney gay.

>Take Off is a direct "sequel" to Enema

Perfect.

t. already like Enema, moreso the songs with Mark on vocals though

>but they're some other level of wimpy whiney gay.

You have no idea what you're talking about dude, fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=sT0g16_LQaQ

blink-182 is just dumb fun, that's the appeal.

except for maybe Adam's Song, that's genuinely good.

Start with Three Cheers

then Black Parade

then Danger Days

if you want to go back and check out Bullets. It's a little rough around the edges and Three Cheers is the perfect introduction to them.

The Black Parade is one of the greatest pop-punk albums of all time, only contrarians disagree with this.

Danger Days is a pretty fun album too.

OP here, agreed, it's a good song. The band claimed that it's not about suicide, wtf?

>It's an I hate it so it's shit episode
Yawn. Next.

it's based on this kid's suicide letter, his name was Adam.

It's pretty sad but it's one of the few Suicide letters I've ever read that I actually understood and empathized with.

life-on-the-murder-scene.tumblr.com/post/20292532956/this-is-the-suicide-letter-blink-182-received-that

I'm so glad in the last couple of years MCR has been getting more appreciation. Such a great band that has a stigma against them because their fan base is quite awful.

Try some Replacements and Husker Du

I guess I'll give it a try, not really into the whole "emo" thing though. But since you put in the effort to write I'll put in the effort to listen impartially.

OP here, what about Weezer? Liking the 1994 blue album a bit too.

listen to this right away fäm.

Thanks for this. I remember some kid in middle school told me the song was about a kid called Adam committing suicide (he also claimd he was a friend of the band's) but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia

Don't believe the lies, MCR is pure pop-punk and not Emo at all.

maybe skip Bullets though, that was made during Way's struggle with alcoholism.

Way will struggle for the rest of his life. He doesn't seem like a super stable guy. I feel bad for him.

Thanks bro.

don't listen to everyone listen to bullets by mcr but after listening to tbp or three cheers everything's a little sloppy but in a good way head first for halos is beautiful and you can really hear the emotion in gerard's ways during this album

Fall Out Boy. Trust me on this one.

Take This To Your Grave - 8/10

From Under The Cork Tree - 9.5/10

Infinity On High - 8.5/10

Folie á Duex - 10/10 (One of the greatest Pop-Punk albums of all time)

PAX AM Days - 8/10

Save Rock and Roll - 8/10

American Beauty/American Psycho - 8.5/10

Look at the URL of this page

Contrary to popular belief not everyone who uses Sup Forums is a cunt

>not everyone

Of course, but there are still quite a lot of them

Bullets is good but I personally feel Three Cheers is a better starting off point for newcomers, especially those who might have thought MCR was Emo from the outside looking in.

Once you become a little more versed in MCR's style you can go back and appreciate Bullets for what it is.

I also like Headfirst for Halos, it's probably my favorite track.

yeah you're right that's what I meant it should be the last album you listen come back after you really appreciate them

well... this.

Three cheers is a low key 10.

omg that album is shit !! look up blood hound gang ," lift your head up high".

I actually like Bloodhound Gang. I hope you die, Ballad of Chasey Lain etc. I don't see how that makes Dookie shit though.

anything Foo Fighters

Gonna use this album as a reference point?
1. The Beatles-A Hard Day's Night
2. The Buzzcocks-Singles Going Steady
3. Husker Du-Everything Falls Apart

You're welcome.

Thanks. You actually have the right idea, happy rock is good.

The Undertones s/t
youtube.com/watch?v=aQakCeVa48M
The Replacements - Tim
youtube.com/watch?v=xvbEyU-GrQs
Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun
youtube.com/watch?v=i6pzaRulgg0

gotta say i prefer Smash by The Offspring over Dookie as far as 90s pop punk is concerned.

>gotta say i prefer Smash by The Offspring over Dookie as far as 90s pop punk is concerned.

I like both. They fill different niches. Smash is angstier and harder, Green Day is more upbeat and laid back. Smash also has worse production imo. Another band I really like is Pennywise, they have the intensity of hardcore punk with some great riffs/melodies and actual singing.

listened to the first two songs off Full Circle just now, i thought they were a bit too long for what they had to offer and sounded awfully much like a straight Bad Religion copy.

Seconded, though I'd start with Does This Look Infected. Superior to Blink 182 in every way.

Pic related has some nice moments too.

How hasn't anybody mentioned Brand New and Motion City Soundtrack?

Also, wtf is this thread where everyone accepts pop-punk? What's happening to Sup Forums?

summer is finally here

youtube.com/watch?v=0AAO92foBwA

I love those first two songs, fast and they add metal elements, though I can see the Bad Religion comparison (no problem for me since I love Suffer, don't know much of Bad Religion's other stuff). Even the first two chords on the first tracks from each album are the same, I think. Still check out Society and Bro Hymn, they're a bit different. I dunno why, I just love their riffs and melodies, they work for me.

I like both albums. Only the first one kind of invites the Blink 182 comparison, they're vastly different bands though, especially since Blink's early stuff was fast snotty skate punk. DTLI is also an edgier, minor key and sadder album, although I like it more it doesn't have the feel good sound on AKNF except for a few songs. Still I love listening to it when I'm lifting or something.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I love Full Circle and it's my favourite Pennywise album so far.

Wait you lift while listening to pop punk?
lmao

It's fast, energetic, upbeat and aggressive music and I like the sound of distorted guitars. You wouldn't lift to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=y_zYU_xBPTQ

youtu.be/-26lLgooQoQ

sure

It may be energetic but its doesnt pump the test
Something like this is menacing enough, i assume you wouldnt like the raps but Flockavelli is the goat workout album.

Bug is better

Check out handguns.

youtube.com/watch?v=3N8qc_bktRE
forgot to link

my nigga u linked the jam of all jams

"Something like this"

What do you mean?

Also I usually listen to toughguy hardcore, metalcore and NYHC when I lift.

Nah no thanks I can't stand that shit

how dare people like music

Who /hyped/ here?

So /hyped/ bro!